**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question for Guillotine 2099 Users

SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
This is a question for any of you who's a fairly stacked Guilly 2099 and you play around with her a lot. I recently managed to pull her as a 6 Star, and was delighted to say the least, since most of my other 6 Stars have been garbage. I've been really thinking about getting her up to Rank 2, but I'm not really in any rush to complete LOL/AOL etc. I'm Cavalier and am still progressing through Act 6.

I realize she ideally needs to be ramped up, and there's that requirement of launching a SP3 and being at a 100 hits etc. For all you experienced players of this champion, would you say she's still solid for shorter fights without being ramped up. I mean, she's got solid utility overall and her Degen damage is quite nice as well. I'm just on the fence since Ive been wanting a bursty damage Champion for shorter fights, and can't tell if she falls in that category. Especially at Rank 2.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    She's at the top of the ladder when it comes to "burst down" champs. In act 6, I don't think you should have a problem ramping her up. I'm not sure where exactly you are in act 6, but I assume you're at the point where you shouldn't have a problem getting to SP 3 with her, and I don't think a rank 2 6* Guilly would have problems getting to SP 3 in anywhere in act 6 where she has normal power gain. My rank 5 finishes off 200k healthpools in just about 40 hits (basic attacks).

I'm also not completely sure what you mean by "shorter fights", but as @Holros would say; if you are fighting healthpools where you can't get to SP 3, then you don't need to start every fight at 100 hits. Below 100 hits, her attack ramps up like starlord. If you want a quicker fight, put on your huntress function (crit prefight), and time it with your special 2. The opponent will most likely die. If you're in content where you can build up to SP 3 when starting out at 100 hits (about 150k healthpools for my rank 5 5* with suicides); then try to do so. It only takes about about 30 hits for my rank 5 to get to an SP 3. For your rank 2 6*, it might take a bit more due to decreased power gain in between ranks (it's a generic thing, not just Guilly). You still shouldn't have a problem ending with SP 3.
    I'll still invite @SwarmOfRavens and @Holros nevertheless.
    Mcdonalds said:

@Kill_Grey
    Edit: Again she's here before me!

Who's "she"?
    Mcdonalds said:

Kill_Grey said:

Mcdonalds said:

@Kill_Grey
    Edit: Again she's here before me!

Who's "she"?
    He?
    Let's assume that...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

She's at the top of the ladder when it comes to "burst down" champs. In act 6, I don't think you should have a problem ramping her up. I'm not sure where exactly you are in act 6, but I assume you're at the point where you shouldn't have a problem getting to SP 3 with her, and I don't think a rank 2 6* Guilly would have problems getting to SP 3 in anywhere in act 6 where she has normal power gain. My rank 5 finishes off 200k healthpools in just about 40 hits (basic attacks).

I'm also not completely sure what you mean by "shorter fights", but as @Holros would say; if you are fighting healthpools where you can't get to SP 3, then you don't need to start every fight at 100 hits. Below 100 hits, her attack ramps up like starlord. If you want a quicker fight, put on your huntress function (crit prefight), and time it with your special 2. The opponent will most likely die. If you're in content where you can build up to SP 3 when starting out at 100 hits (about 150k healthpools for my rank 5 5* with suicides); then try to do so. It only takes about about 30 hits for my rank 5 to get to an SP 3. For your rank 2 6*, it might take a bit more due to decreased power gain in between ranks (it's a generic thing, not just Guilly). You still shouldn't have a problem ending with SP 3.

👏👏👏👏👏👆👆
    As a proud owner of a 6* r3 g99, I approve of this message!
    Nocko said:

I just pulled her in my mini, and am trying to learn to use her myself
    Starting to figure it out...

Quick question for experience users, is there ever a reason not to activate any pre fight?

Well, that's when I'm starting a fight below 15% health, or I'm at about 30% or below. The health at that point is low enough to be able to take blocked hits and get to the 15% threshold without worrying about taking too long due to her high armor rating.

I use this sort of strategy in variant level content, where they have 10k+ attack. Against bosses in particular, I don't bother going for prefight. They usually have the highest attack in the quest, and there's not really much use for lifesteal in the last fight. I prefer having that extra armor, and Even though I run suicides, I can't remember the last time I fought a Champ with my rank 5 Guilly outside of LoL, and had to use more than 2 special 2's to end (except variant 3 Kang tho). In that case, the recoil damage is enough to push me to the threshold, and boom! I get 40% health just by standing there. Pretty damn sweet!

Also, in act 6 nowadays, I don't think there's much need to have 2 prefights active. In such a case, you'd primarily want the heftier armor rating, but with the decreased attack values, block damage is lower. The lifesteal prefight should keep you topped up. I usually go from fight to fight regening about 10% health just from doing full combos (again, usually for about 200k healthpools in his scenario, higher healthpools = more opportunities to lifesteal).
    Jaded said:

Kill_Grey said:

👏👏👏👏👏👆👆
    As a proud owner of a 6* r3 g99, I approve of this message!
    Lol. Well thank you, kind sir 🙂
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    There aren't really any "short fights" as you progress through act 6. She's good for +120k healthpools, as long as there's nothing stopping you from ending with a sp3
    If you're looking to burst down an annoying fight she wouldn't be the best option without starting at 100 hits.
    On the other hand if you start with 100 hits fights can be burst down with relative ease, especially if you're not concerned with saving up to another sp3.
    In 6.4 apart from thunderstruck KG I haven't had any fight after the initial ramp up last longer than around 60 hits.

• HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    I just wrote a long one,and I made a little mistake,I tapped the edit button and now its all gone, Pain Lol.

Summary of all I said was she is not the best for shorts fights but she is pretty good herself,Spam sp1 and weave in some sp2 depending on the opponent's power meter and the fight will be over before you know it because you don't have to bait specials,and we all know baiting can be time consuming and can leave room for mistakes.
    My r2 6* takes 120k health in about 85 to 95 hits, not the best but not bad either and trust me with you baiting sp1 you will be in 85-95 hits faster than you can imagine.

By the way @Kill_Grey have you tried her in AQ yet?
    Holros said:

I just wrote a long one,and I made a little mistake,I tapped the edit button and now its all gone, Pain Lol.

Summary of all I said was she is not the best for shorts fights but she is pretty good herself,Spam sp1 and weave in some sp2 depending on the opponent's power meter and the fight will be over before you know it because you don't have to bait specials,and we all know baiting can be time consuming and can leave room for mistakes.
    My r2 6* takes 120k health in about 85 to 95 hits, not the best but not bad either and trust me with you baiting sp1 you will be in 85-95 hits faster than you can imagine.

Oh no, not yet. War season is on, so she's on defense.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Yea that's exactly what I was wondering. I meant shorter fights that don't take a 100 Hits & an SP3 to finish. For example with Aegon, the damage is only crazy once you get past the first few fights and have built that combo counter up. But with Guillotine, I noticed that she was still doing decent damage in the shorter fights, without being ramped up whatsoever.
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    Holros said:

Yea I was wondering why you were being @'d at and don't even see your posts on top LOL. So to clarify, Spam SP1s for the power burn, rinse and repeat? And maybe finish off with an SP2? Or would just timing the crits for the SP2 be better, as someone earlier suggest. I myself have been doing the SP2 method, but maybe the SP1, no AI specials could work too.
    Kill_Grey said:

Holros said:

Oh no, not yet. War season is on, so she's on defense.
    Oh okay,wishing you all the luck in AW

Holros said:

Yea I was wondering why you were being @'d at and don't even see your posts on top LOL. So to clarify, Spam SP1s for the power burn, rinse and repeat? And maybe finish off with an SP2? Or would just timing the crits for the SP2 be better, as someone earlier suggest. I myself have been doing the SP2 method, but maybe the SP1, no AI specials could work too.
    Actually sp1 does more damage than sp2 in the long run,if you do 2 sp1 the damage you get is greater than doing a single sp2 but sp2 is valuable in the sense that It has a 9hit rather than sp1 3 hits so with sp2 you are building combo meter faster which increases your overall damage in the long run. So what I do most times is I Spam sp1 and use sp2 when I feel I should still be able to get to another sp1 before the opponent get to 3 bars of power so I am increasing my damage and at the same time still deciding the tempo of the fight (putting their power in check).
    Regarding your question basically you always want to end the fight with sp 3 but first I think you will need to play with her a bit to know how she handles different health pool at her rank and with your mastery(suicide,courage),know health pools where you won't be able to get to sp3 when you ramp her,know health pools where you can,know healthpools where you can still get to sp3 if you weave in some heavies,and even health pools where you can even do one or 2 specials before going for sp3 to finish the fight.
    For fights where you know you can't always get to finish with sp3 after you ramp her up,just play her normally for those fights spam sp1 and weave in some sp2 depending on opponents power bar and you can finish with any special since ramping up will be useless in the other fight anyway (unless of course the next fight is the final boss).
    For fights where you can get to sp3 your goal is to always finish with sp3 depending on the health pool you can do 1 or 2 special attacks b4 going for sp3,by the way never get caught up in all the sweet damage and forget to keep combo shield up,always use combo shield and if you tend to slip up (you have to guide that combo meter in anyway possible)when baiting specials like I do or you find it stressful in general then I recommend using the power drain prefight anytime you have her ramped up.
    And regarding the guaranteed crit rate prefight I almost never use it,but if you want to the best special to use it with is the sp1 because it's easier to time 10 hits with sp1 and because (2) sp1 deals more damage than sp2
    Holros said:

Holros said:

Actually sp1 does more damage than sp2 in the long run,if you do 2 sp1 the damage you get is greater than doing a single sp2 but sp2 is valuable in the sense that It has a 9hit rather than sp1 3 hits so with sp2 you are building combo meter faster which increases your overall damage in the long run. So what I do most times is I Spam sp1 and use sp2 when I feel I should still be able to get to another sp1 before the opponent get to 3 bars of power so I am increasing my damage and at the same time still deciding the tempo of the fight (putting their power in check).
    Regarding your question basically you always want to end the fight with sp 3 but first I think you will need to play with her a bit to know how she handles different health pool at her rank and with your mastery(suicide,courage),know health pools where you won't be able to get to sp3 when you ramp her,know health pools where you can,know healthpools where you can still get to sp3 if you weave in some heavies,and even health pools where you can even do one or 2 specials before going for sp3 to finish the fight.
    For fights where you know you can't always get to finish with sp3 after you ramp her up,just play her normally for those fights spam sp1 and weave in some sp2 depending on opponents power bar and you can finish with any special since ramping up will be useless in the other fight anyway (unless of course the next fight is the final boss).
    For fights where you can get to sp3 your goal is to always finish with sp3 depending on the health pool you can do 1 or 2 special attacks b4 going for sp3,by the way never get caught up in all the sweet damage and forget to keep combo shield up,always use combo shield and if you tend to slip up (you have to guide that combo meter in anyway possible)when baiting specials like I do or you find it stressful in general then I recommend using the power drain prefight anytime you have her ramped up.
    And regarding the guaranteed crit rate prefight I almost never use it,but if you want to the best special to use it with is the sp1 because it's easier to time 10 hits with sp1 and because (2) sp1 deals more damage than sp2
    Actually, the guaranteed crit is on the 20th hit. I find it much easier to be at an SP 2 by that 20th hit.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Below 100 combo = Below average damage but it’s relative so depends what your roster is like. For me she sucks unramped and I wouldn’t use her unless I could keep the 100 combo up.

Above 100 combo = very good damage. Again depends on your roster. There are faster damage dealers like domino, Corvus, omega etc depends on what you have and how they are ranked.

You don’t have to be above 100 hits when you use sp3 to be able start the next fight at 100. Not sure if that’s what you were thinking in your posts. It seems you are?

But in theory if you finish a 10 hit fight unramped with sp3 you will start the next with 100 combo. If you purely spam heavy (you might want to start fights like that anyway to get the combo shield stacked up) then you can get to sp3 pretty fast. Sometimes I take some blocked combos to build my powermeter if I’m desperate as you know you can gain the damage back at some point via lifesteal.

You should be able to get to sp3 in around 10 heavies, my r5 5* does it in less.

I find doing that I can use her in AQ and keep her combo and therefore access to full utility.

On smaller HPs you can play around using MH combos or MM interwoven with heavies to maximise your own powergain vs lifesteal or power drain whatever utility you are using and still finish with sp3.

As someone else said it depends a lot on your masteries, her rank and the HP size you just gotta experiment and get comfortable with the parameters.