**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How good is this guy? Can he help me on my way to uncollected??

The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

The title please!!
How to use him?

Comments

• KoiPoiKoiPoi Posts: 1
    Spam SP2, heavy to change buff if you don't like what you get. Very simple to use, but amazing champ
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    He is a beast. Just spam sp1 all the time and use sp2 to finish it off. You generate buffs randomnly every few seconds and you ideally want the precision,cruelty and fury buffs. Use heavies to change your buff.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Sp2 to finish because you lose your permanent buffs. sp1 takes buffs off the opponent and heals. Spider champs can't evade when he has the black buff that he starts with. heavy to change your most recent buff and put an armor break
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,976 ★★★★
    Wow great pull, but how did you get enough shards just asking?
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

side events and dupes most likely
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    One of my favorite champs, always super fun playing him. The key i believe is trying to get as many precision and fury buffs, because that way he has a greater chance to apply bleeds and the fury buffs will increase the damage of the bleeds. Incredibly useful against spidermen champs since he's able to stop their evade and his true strike at the end of the fight is also extremely useful.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Sp2 to finish because you lose your permanent buffs. sp1 takes buffs off the opponent and heals. Spider champs can't evade when he has the black buff that he starts with. heavy to change your most recent buff and put an armor break

I believe that black buff is called "Klyntar Buff". So many threads I've seen complain Spiderpeople evading Venom but they don't know he needs the buff to avoid their evade
    Moot4Life said:

Wait but he's not UC yet.... Not hating just wondering how to get some more myself :D
    BTW Venom is an absolute beast and could carry you all the way through 5.2. BTW can you show your roster if you need some UC help?
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Moot4Life said:

Wait but he's not UC yet.... Not hating just wondering how to get some more myself :D
    for example master difficulty of side event is pretty easy and gives 1500 6* shards
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

for example master difficulty of side event is pretty easy and gives 1500 6* shards
    you mean epic? I only have 2 6 stars and I did legendary too... I'm also on 5.4.6 so maybe I'm missing something?
    Terra said:

I believe that black buff is called "Klyntar Buff". So many threads I've seen complain Spiderpeople evading Venom but they don't know he needs the buff to avoid their evade
    it is indeed. I didn't want to specially say that because it could confuse them
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 132
    Venom is also incredibly useful for variants 2 and 5
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    A decent (very decent) 6* to help you be uncollected? You could lick your phone during the grandmaster fight and he'll be on half health
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

A decent (very decent) 6* to help you be uncollected? You could lick your phone during the grandmaster fight and he'll be on half health

Grandmaster? I assume you mean The Collector
    I'd argue this dude is the 4th best cosmic champ. op, if it wasn't clear yet, this is an absolutely fantastic pull
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I'd argue this dude is the 4th best cosmic champ. op, if it wasn't clear yet, this is an absolutely fantastic pull

I'd argue for someone that's just started playing or is still early in their progress, Venom might be *the* best cosmic champ to pull. He's sustainable, he counters many of the nastier fights an earlier player might have difficulty with (spider-evade in particular), and you can grow into him and learn to use him to counter many of the champs with tricky mechanics (Havok, IMIW, Medusa, The Champion, Annihilus, etc). And he does all of it unawakened.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

I'd argue for someone that's just started playing or is still early in their progress, Venom might be *the* best cosmic champ to pull. He's sustainable, he counters many of the nastier fights an earlier player might have difficulty with (spider-evade in particular), and you can grow into him and learn to use him to counter many of the champs with tricky mechanics (Havok, IMIW, Medusa, The Champion, Annihilus, etc). And he does all of it unawakened.
    so corvus just died?
    I would argue that Venom is a much better champ for a beginning player to have than any of the usual suspects often considered better overall, like Corvus, CMM, and Hyperion. Venom is much easier and much more forgiving to play than Corvus. Corvus might have the better burst damage, but Venom has more answers to the early problematic content in my opinion. A beginner that pulls Corvus will be clearing content faster than a beginner that pulls Venom, but the beginner that pulls Venom will be clearing content cheaper.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, you're not uncollected?
    Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

so corvus just died?
    I would argue that Venom is a much better champ for a beginning player to have than any of the usual suspects often considered better overall, like Corvus, CMM, and Hyperion. Venom is much easier and much more forgiving to play than Corvus. Corvus might have the better burst damage, but Venom has more answers to the early problematic content in my opinion. A beginner that pulls Corvus will be clearing content faster than a beginner that pulls Venom, but the beginner that pulls Venom will be clearing content cheaper.
    Cheaper? Mate, Venom is gonna be my first r5 5*, but how is Venom gonna be cheaper? If I had a 3* Corvus and a 3* venom, and looked up a video on who’s better, I would choose corvus. Venom is really good ramped up, but chicken cutter Corvus can just slice opponents in seconds. No bosses in act 4 below have anything that would be hard for Corvus, or anything really challenging for any champ
    i think cheaper was based off the idea that venom has heals, high health, and possibly tankiness buffs. I'd disagree unless it's like act 3 or below. after that, people would definitely have enough skill to not get smashed in the face every other combo.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★
    WE ARE VENOM!

he rips, shreds, heals, and eats spiders for breakfast.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

Mcdonalds said:

DNA3000 said:

so corvus just died?
    Cheaper? Mate, Venom is gonna be my first r5 5*, but how is Venom gonna be cheaper? If I had a 3* Corvus and a 3* venom, and looked up a video on who’s better, I would choose corvus. Venom is really good ramped up, but chicken cutter Corvus can just slice opponents in seconds. No bosses in act 4 below have anything that would be hard for Corvus, or anything really challenging for any champ
    i think cheaper was based off the idea that venom has heals, high health, and possibly tankiness buffs. I'd disagree unless it's like act 3 or below. after that, people would definitely have enough skill to not get smashed in the face every other combo.
    I've been playing for years and still get smashed in the face every other combo lol