**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Futile 6.2.5 Mordo boss nerf

2»

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Just make it 5% reduction per dead teammate

Just remove it altogether
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

People kill me thinking that they should never have to use revives or potions for any fight. What fun would the game be if you could one shot every fight with 90% health remaining cuz I swear from reading posts like this that’s what people want

Problem with the fight isn't that you have to revive if you don't oneshot it, you need to revive all dead teammates before you even attempt it. There's no challenge there, it's literally just cough up your units or get shafted by AAR.
    So what do you do, just give up on Domino and other AAR reduction built into bosses? You can do the fight with 50% AAR reduction, meaning your entire team down.
    I bring in Mysterio when I need to deal with Domino or burst her with a tech champ that doesn't have abilities to fail.
    The same can't be said about mordo who needs his own counters. Which are then further limited by the fact that there's spite, hurt locker, and special delivery on him as well.
    Most counters get absolutely ruined by AAR. Quake's evades fail, wasps passive stun doesn't proc, voids debuffs don't apply, blades danger sense barely works, ghost doesn't phase.
    This whole you can do it with 50% ability accuracy is a joke. It's a bad node, no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
    Well said, couldn't have said it any better.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

People kill me thinking that they should never have to use revives or potions for any fight. What fun would the game be if you could one shot every fight with 90% health remaining cuz I swear from reading posts like this that’s what people want

Problem with the fight isn't that you have to revive if you don't oneshot it, you need to revive all dead teammates before you even attempt it. There's no challenge there, it's literally just cough up your units or get shafted by AAR.
    So what do you do, just give up on Domino and other AAR reduction built into bosses? You can do the fight with 50% AAR reduction, meaning your entire team down.
    I bring in Mysterio when I need to deal with Domino or burst her with a tech champ that doesn't have abilities to fail.
    The same can't be said about mordo who needs his own counters. Which are then further limited by the fact that there's spite, hurt locker, and special delivery on him as well.
    Most counters get absolutely ruined by AAR. Quake's evades fail, wasps passive stun doesn't proc, voids debuffs don't apply, blades danger sense barely works, ghost doesn't phase.
    This whole you can do it with 50% ability accuracy is a joke. It's a bad node, no amount of mental gymnastics will change that.
    Literally not one person said it's a good node. What had been said is it's a manageable one. Brian managed the entire quest in its original form itemless. I think you guys can manage the fisher price version.
  • X_Scott said:

I could beat the champion but what's the use when I still have to beat the trash 6.2.5 quest. I just started on the next chapters waiting for improvements but once again Kabam has failed to deliver on their promises. Defend all you want - 6.2.5 is trash.

6.2.6 isn’t too bad now yet. I’ve not done 6.2.5 either though, was hoping for a bit more
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Literally not one person said it's a good node. What had been said is it's a manageable one. Brian managed the entire quest in its original form itemless. I think you guys can manage the fisher price version.

For the record, it took BG 43 streams and around 100 hours to 100% 6.2, including Mordo, and he was lucky to have and be experienced with a 5/65 Void. The fight would be manageable if SIN was removed. The other nodes are difficult, but none are BS. SIN is BS and should be removed. The only reality I could see being fair if SIN stayed was if when all your teammates are alive, you get +x% ability accuracy and attack. That would be fair, and would actually benefit your team if you had "Strength in Numbers".
    It took him that long because he was doing it based on not spending units and using the resources he has. Also he was doing much if not all of act 6.2 item less. That takes way longer and more discipline. No one here is saying go do it item less either but the fact that it can be done is proof it can be done if played smartly.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Lormif said:

Again proper planning prevents poor performance. You wouldn’t expect to attempt LOL or AOL without a plan to minimize costs so why wouldn’t you enter a quest with the same mentality?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

X_Scott said:

It's actually all about money. This is the worst quest and they barely touched it.

You don't need money to save some Revs before your run. I don't know why people think if a run can't be perfect, it's a rip off.
    It’s cuz people rush to do content they aren’t ready for and they don’t plan properly. There are tons of video on just about every fight in the game, a lot of how to guides, instructional videos on how to counter champs and nodes even videos on how to grind and hoard resources. If a player fails at the game it’s because they fail to use readily available resources and get good at the game.

I've never had any shame in using Revs. That's what they're for. The objective is to use the least amount possible, but if I want to get something done, I do it to begin with first, then get better at it later.

Rasilover said:

What a surprise. You want something to be way easier than needs to be.
    What a surprise. You have a bad opinion that is against the players. SIN is a BS node and if you don't agree with that then you are about as bad as the designers of that node.
    It's a "BS" node to you because you don't want to have to think to play. You want fights that are easy and can be 1-shot. You get free team revives in calendars. You can earn units and buy team revives. If you don't want to suffer the S.I.N node, USE A DAMN TEAM REVIVE. You aren't going to be using your entire team to beat him anyway as you probably will bring counters for the rest of the paths and 1 or 2 for Mordo. How hard is that of a concept? Your team is alive and you have your counter. Mind blowing. Git Gud.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Yes it is a really bad Node - I think 6.2.5 overall is worst content ever made - but just suck it up like the rest of us had to or don’t do it!

A team revive is 100 units, either save them or buy one before you start on the boss. It is not rocket science. Less time
    Crying and begging for further nerf and you could grind th units in arena to buy the items to clear him.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

What does mordo need a counter for? It seems you are trying to cheese a champion that is very easy to beat without cheese.

Is that a joke? If you don't manage the power gain, you get CLAPT by sp3s...
    Ofc you can do Mordo w/ any champ. It's also very expensive and not worth attempting.

Mordo is very easy with any champion, you can manage the power gain pretty easily, as it goes away if you hit him. In addition he listed void, the interesting thing about void is he works great with some AAR, even up to 50%, it means debuffs will last on him longer, killing him more and helping to manage his power better.

Rasilover said:

What a surprise. You have a bad opinion that is against the players. SIN is a BS node and if you don't agree with that then you are about as bad as the designers of that node.
    It's a "BS" node to you because you don't want to have to think to play. You want fights that are easy and can be 1-shot. You get free team revives in calendars. You can earn units and buy team revives. If you don't want to suffer the S.I.N node, USE A DAMN TEAM REVIVE. You aren't going to be using your entire team to beat him anyway as you probably will bring counters for the rest of the paths and 1 or 2 for Mordo. How hard is that of a concept? Your team is alive and you have your counter. Mind blowing. Git Gud.
    Here’s my problem. That’s a waste of a team revive. When I use a team revive, I wanted it to be for a good reason, not because I need to be able to use a mordo counter.

Sure, I can try to chip away a couple health points, but it’s a waste of a team revive.
    Of course. Removing a node here or a node there for any fight would be great. I wish they'd remove reverse controls from the game, especially for Grandmaster. That's my opinion. I absolutely suck at reverse controls, but its an element of the challenge.

I'm not a fan of S.I.N either but if you're able to get these free from calendars, why not save them to use? I don't understand the logic behind that. You don't have to spend anything if you save. Maybe you won't get to mordo with your entire team dead. Just revive the dead one.
    X_Scott said:

No disrespect to Demonzfyre or GroundedWisdom, but I was stating my opinion as feedback if anyone from Kabam actually reads through these posts. I'm glad you're happy with the content, think it's super fun and fair, etc., but I'm not interested in your defense of kabam or "git gud" strategies. I think this chapter is out of place in difficulty with the gate requirements, crazy node combinations, and an annoying global that slows down the whole thing. Then on top you have the mordo boss debacle. I've watched so many videos from all the youtubers, and they have the same negative opinion of this quest.

How is "it's all about money" feedback?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

Here’s my problem. That’s a waste of a team revive. When I use a team revive, I wanted it to be for a good reason, not because I need to be able to use a mordo counter.

Sure, I can try to chip away a couple health points, but it’s a waste of a team revive.
    Of course. Removing a node here or a node there for any fight would be great. I wish they'd remove reverse controls from the game, especially for Grandmaster. That's my opinion. I absolutely suck at reverse controls, but its an element of the challenge.

I'm not a fan of S.I.N either but if you're able to get these free from calendars, why not save them to use? I don't understand the logic behind that. You don't have to spend anything if you save. Maybe you won't get to mordo with your entire team dead. Just revive the dead one.
    I see what you mean, but its just using a revive on a champion only so you can not get punished for having them dead is weird.

The difference between that and reverse controls is that reverse controls is skill based, will SIN isn’t.

Rasilover said:

I see what you mean, but its just using a revive on a champion only so you can not get punished for having them dead is weird.

The difference between that and reverse controls is that reverse controls is skill based, will SIN isn’t.
    Could be. Skilled enough to keep everyone on your team alive 😁
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

I deal with the node in AQ for 1/3 versions. I don't like it at all. I didn't like it in 6.2.5. Keeping your champs alive is a skill regardless of how you want to look at it though.

I suggested it be removed. They didn't remove it. It's annoying and cheap but bottom line is they decided to leave it for whatever reason. It doesn't restrict who you can bring. You can still possibly take the fight with dead team members. People are just gonna have to deal with it.

Act 6 in general was basically gutted. Are there still some annoying and restrictive paths/fights even after the final changes? Absolutely. It's still basically going to be an absolute joke compared to the original version. People didn't get every change they wanted, okay either deal with it and finish the content anyway or just never explore it.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Is that a joke? If you don't manage the power gain, you get CLAPT by sp3s...
    Ofc you can do Mordo w/ any champ. It's also very expensive and not worth attempting.

Mordo is very easy with any champion, you can manage the power gain pretty easily, as it goes away if you hit him. In addition he listed void, the interesting thing about void is he works great with some AAR, even up to 50%, it means debuffs will last on him longer, killing him more and helping to manage his power better.

You can stop trolling now. Mordo isn't 'easy' with 'any champion'. Also, you must be joking if you think that play void with 'some AAR' works great. You want your DOTs to land quickly before Mordo gets passive on you and sp3s you. Having petrifies downright fall through is horrible in this fight.

With despair, it's slightly less stressful. You still desperately want/need those petrifies still. But according to you, it'll 'work great', since the have a 50% chance to fail.
    Void does not have dots, he has debuffs. He does damage per debuff, but they are not dots. Also him getting passive is fine you can heavy to prevent the power gain.

You can also learn to buypass his astro evade by timing parries.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

Could be. Skilled enough to keep everyone on your team alive 😁
    Yeah, but there gets to a point where you’re gonna die with someone, or there’s a gonna be a tricky fight for you/your roster, and that’s a revive you’ll have to use.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I 100% this and I still totally agree. The nerf really did almost nothing.

Special delivery and hurt locker is a really bad combo. Remove 1 of them at least and the fight will be better. Even keep the other stupid nodes, that’s fine.
This discussion has been closed.