**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Nerfs are not live with the new update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• TyEdge said:

The announcement says these are the final act 6 adjustments. The dev diary says path fights in 6.1 and 6.2 will be adjusted. I delayed exploration to further deepen my roster, believing there was little point in rushing to explore because changes were coming. Did I miss something?

Op is asking a very simple question. They said they were going significantly reduce attack values in act 6 and op was waiting for it, as was I.

It’s not a question whether it’s needed or not, or if op wants it, it’s just that they said they would so he was waiting for it and now it doesn’t seem to happen.

To me it seems a fair question, maybe I’m drunk or people are just not responding on topic
    That first paragraph pertains to 6.4 and refers to 40-60% for that Chapter. Then it speaks about scaling subsequent Paths accordingly. The second talks about Boss Fights, and scaling them down accordingly as well. It's scaled accordingly, save for the variation in some Bosses in 6.1, but as I just pointed out, Cavalier is gated behind that, and they're not going to lower it too much. Otherwise, it's not a progress gate at all. For some reason, people interpret some values being higher as a failure to scale properly. You have to look at what according means, and what's included in said Chapter.
    I am not in 6.4 yet, so did it? Are the attack values lowered by 40 to 60%?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Ycats said:

I just want to chip in with the fact that on the mcoc reddit page someone made a comment about attack values that highlights the following.

In 5.4.6 an enemy Yellowjacket has an attack value of 6,561
    In 6.1.6 an enemy Falcon has an attack value 6,054
    in 6.2.6 an enemy Angela has an attack value of 7,126

I don't think either of the chapters need's a reduction in attack values.

That was a very well written post. I complemented it and upvoted it. You know when that would’ve been valuable? THREE MONTHS AGO before they announced a reduction was coming.

If they had said they were remaining the same, I wouldn’t have been here complaining. After all, I had a first clear on 6.2 before the announcement. I’m mad because I relied on the announcement of a nerf for three months.
    One note: the Yellow Jacket referenced is at the start of 5.4.6. It’s a completely unnoded fight. Just health and attack boost. No global, no path node. I went past that to a noded path fight and Green Goblin (5724) was my first one on the vigor path.
    It’d be great if someone would speak out on this
    its_ken said:

@TyEdge you are right. thanks for posting factual evidence supporting your query. i wish people would pay attention to the facts before making some off hand remarks. kudos to you!

Thanks. It’s weird that the roadmap was such a big deal, but people are being totally cool about Kabam walking away from promises they made.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'm VERY interested in kabam feedback on this. I was also expecting an attack nerf...
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    edited October 2020
    There are many paths in 6.1 that need to be edited, many of it has a node that requires specific champions combined with another node that make these champions not viable like the delirium path in 6.1.6 that has another node excludes robots and the caustic temper path that has a node weakens cosmic champions attack by 50% and also has champions that nullify buffs and damage you like Dormammu and many other paths. They also didn't remove gates at all in 6.2 and still insist not to allow 4* champions in act 6.
    ADDIS0N said:

While I’m not sure if this is a life or death matter, I do agree that the end result doesn’t match the promises that were made.

Some clarity would be nice.

I wouldn’t even be here except for the fact it was promised, and promised in the lead up to their annual July 4 shakedown. I could’ve been working on it but the double benefit of a deeper roster and nerf were worth waiting for
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

While I’m not sure if this is a life or death matter, I do agree that the end result doesn’t match the promises that were made.

There's not much to say. It was adjusted based on what they saw necessary, and based on feedback. It's appropriated. Going over things for to-the-letter accuracy isn't productive at all. More looking for faults.
  • GercasGercas Posts: 99 ★★
    Does somebody in kabam care to give some clarification on this, because a lot of people waited for exploration based on what themselves announced
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I agree, Kabam needs to speak on this. 6.2.5 is trash, and I've done 90% of 6.3 waiting on the adjustments.
    ADDIS0N said:

ADDIS0N said:

There's not much to say. It was adjusted based on what they saw necessary, and based on feedback. It's appropriated. Going over things for to-the-letter accuracy isn't productive at all. More looking for faults.
    I wasn’t asking for clarity from you, but thanks for wasting your time.
    Well then good luck with calling them out.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    6.1 doesn’t need any changing.

6.2 was nerfed already. No need for attack values to drop. They changed some pain points.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    OP has a point, it specifically says path fights. Should be clarified
    edited October 2020

6.1 doesn’t need any changing.

6.2 was nerfed already. No need for attack values to drop. They changed some pain points.

They specifically said 1) attack values, 2) in boss fights and 3) in path fights.

I know they made changes to Sinister and Champion but I don’t think attack values were touched elsewhere at all.

Actually, was anything changed in 6.2 besides those two? I honestly don’t recall.

I’m not here to have a discussion about whether it “needs” a nerf. We were told it was happening for 3+ months and now they’re subtly stating it won’t.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Honestly, other than a fight here n there, like the 6.2.6 champion (already done) 6.2.1 mr sinister and 6.1.6 sym supreme.... 6.1 and 6.2 don’t need to be toned down and “nerfed” the issues are the inflated attacks and bs combination nodes in 6.3 and 6.4 that made it out of hand.. I see why they working on the biggest issues first. 6.1 and 6.2 really aren’t that bad for the majority of it
    MetalJake said:

Honestly, other than a fight here n there, like the 6.2.6 champion (already done) 6.2.1 mr sinister and 6.1.6 sym supreme.... 6.1 and 6.2 don’t need to be toned down and “nerfed” the issues are the inflated attacks and bs combination nodes in 6.3 and 6.4 that made it out of hand.. I see why they working on the biggest issues first. 6.1 and 6.2 really aren’t that bad for the majority of it

I don’t necessarily disagree - I cleared Champion 6 months ago. But why did they announce, without any uncertainty, that it would be toned down, then wait 3-3.5 months to apparently change their mind? And no one from Kabam will confirm or deny what happened in that time or if that’s even the decision.

After seeing 200% removed from 6.3 and 300 from 6.4 (iirc) I expected 50 and 100. Not much, but worth deepening my roster and waiting for.
  • Nkrzykwa1Nkrzykwa1 Posts: 90
    Wow, just checked back on this thread and STILL nobody from kabam has said anything? What a joke! I guess this is something that is just going to be ignored
    I’m assuming it’s quiet on the weekend aside from a few mods making sure no one goes ham on the forum, so it wouldn’t surprise me if there was no one on the dev side to help provide an answer today.

Still, i wish I knew why they announced “across act 6” and specifically listed all four chapters if they weren’t adjusting attack in 6.1 and 6.2.
    I'm not sure what answer you're expecting. They made the adjustments they saw fit, and said it was the last of them. There's not much more that can be said.
This discussion has been closed.