**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Nerfs are not live with the new update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    You're expecting a to-the-letter explanation on their process in adjusting Act 6. They've adjusted it. They laid out a tentative explanation on how they were going to handle it. You really need them to break it down? They adjusted it where they saw it appropriate.
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    TyEdge said:

That still isn’t what was announced. It specifically says path fights will be scaled.

Also, I’d argue that crossbones is harder now. Omega Red does less damage to him and corvus (who would’ve healed from willpower) is no longer a counter at all. Colossus has also gone from being viable to not.

its harder for some people, easier for others. it really just depends on ur roster. but a poison node is easier to deal with than biohazard imo. it makes corvus and colossus not viable for it, but it opens up lots of posion immune options such as cmm, hulks, hype medusa, and robots are still viable as well. keep in mind there is also prof x synergy which will be useful for future players. the nick and deadpool synergy will work great for this as well provided u dont run suicides for this fight. you can even use shrug off champs such as nick or ronin, or even regen champs such as 5 star wolverine and scarlet witch in the future, GR, morningstar, OML, X-23. omega red will still work just fine for this fight as well. its taken away corv and colossus but for people who dont have those two champs, they have much more options now.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

That still isn’t what was announced. It specifically says path fights will be scaled.

Also, I’d argue that crossbones is harder now. Omega Red does less damage to him and corvus (who would’ve healed from willpower) is no longer a counter at all. Colossus has also gone from being viable to not.

its harder for some people, easier for others. it really just depends on ur roster. but a poison node is easier to deal with than biohazard imo. it makes corvus and colossus not viable for it, but it opens up lots of posion immune options such as cmm, hulks, hype medusa, and robots are still viable as well. keep in mind there is also prof x synergy which will be useful for future players. the nick and deadpool synergy will work great for this as well provided u dont run suicides for this fight. you can even use shrug off champs such as nick or ronin, or even regen champs such as 5 star wolverine and scarlet witch in the future, GR, morningstar, OML, X-23. omega red will still work just fine for this fight as well. its taken away corv and colossus but for people who dont have those two champs, they have much more options now.
    But many of these champs rely on specials and the global makes it difficult to throw specials.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

TyEdge said:

Most of those champs would still experience difficulty while fighting bane,vigor,force of will,power struggle combined and not everyone has the nick synergy sadly
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 363 ★★★
    Of course it's coming in Early June
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    Personally, I think act 6 is fine the way it is now and doesn’t need further nerfs. The two biggest roadblocks to completion (sinister and mordo) have been addressed, and the attack value reductions in 6.3 and 6.4 have made exploration a much more attainable goal.

However, Kabam should really clarify what is going on with 6.1 and 6.2. I don’t even expect or want them to implement the 6.1 and 6.2 attack nerfs (because I find them unnecessary), but a comment for the sake of transparency would be great.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    6.2.5 should have been toned down more. Most annoying quest in the game, imo.
    You're implying they hyped things up just to make sales and you're wondering why it hasn't gotten a response?
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    TyEdge said:

It’s the discrepancy between the initial announcement (and it lining up with July 4 sales) followed by an extended delay and quiet inaction...

You can believe the nerf is unnecessary and be a reasonable person, but once it’s announced, especially as part of the roadmap, clear and direct communication should happen before these things are abandoned.

This. Communication from kabam is all I am looking for, especially when they made a commitment to do better in that regard. Even though I don’t think nerfs are necessary, I still want to hear back from kabam about these two chapters.
    TyEdge said:

You're implying they hyped things up just to make sales and you're wondering why it hasn't gotten a response?

Here’s the first paragraph of the dev diary announcement:

And here’s the last.

In conclusion, yes, I do expect a response.
    You mean they made a decision when they executed it, and they didn't tell you? :open_mouth:
  • Jrtiger23Jrtiger23 Posts: 37
    If Kabam wants to ignore the feedbacks, why listen to Seatin?
    If OP wants some explanations from Kabam and still got nothing back, maybe b/c he ain't Seatin?

you tell me?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    They made a decision to announce it, a decision to backtrack on their announcement and a decision to subtly announce the backtrack and hope people wouldn’t notice or care.
    edited October 2020
    Jrtiger23 said:

If Kabam wants to ignore the feedbacks, why listen to Seatin?
    If OP wants some explanations from Kabam and still got nothing back, maybe b/c he ain't Seatin?

you tell me?

You think the entire situation was all because of Seatin? No. Not at all.
    TyEdge said:

They made a decision to announce it, a decision to backtrack on their announcement and a decision to subtly announce the backtrack and hope people wouldn’t notice or care.

They gave roundabout values before they did the work. This was a ballpark ahead of schedule to let people know what they had in mind. Expectations like this actually hurt the process of communication and transparency.
    Unfortunately, when you post on the Forum, it's for everyone to comment on. Not just a place to call Kabam out for answers.
    .....before they even sat down to do it. You do know things change, right? This is the problem right here. People cry out for change and transparency. So they decide to look at some areas, and tell people before they work on it because they want information. Meanwhile, if there's the slightest difference when it comes to implementation, someone is here calling them out on it. It was looked at and changed where they saw fit. Do you honestly believe it's more important to nerf it unnecessarily because they said what they were thinking of, just because it was in a Post? No. What's best for the design comes first. What does it matter? You think it's going to make a difference if someone from Kabam comes on and says, "Upon further inspection, we decided it wasn't necessary.". Is that going to end the discussion? I'm really trying to be respectful here, but it's coming off like you're just trying to call them out on a discrepancy.
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    Agree with OP. Kabam clearly promised toning down 6.1 and 6.2 but now act like what they said never happened. This is not a good look but sadly par for the course.
    TyEdge said:

Yes, productive and positive forum interactions are what you’re famous for. Your refusal to even acknowledge the plain meaning of the words Kabam published shows that you’re clearly here for good faith discourse.

Care to explain the productive value of implying they released false information just before July 4th, and that people are being cheated?
This discussion has been closed.