**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 3/5 MD for Sym Supreme enough?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I took my Sym Supreme to r5 a few days ago and I really like his playstyle and his buff control. However, sometimes even after I throw an sp3 with 100 genetic potential and with 3/5 MD, I cannot reach 2 bars of power in time before my blessings expire. The upgrade to 4/5 MD for one champion (Sym Supreme is the only mystic I have ranked 4/55 or higher and I don't even use him that much, just in specific scenarios) is very expensive as it costs like 320k loyalty I think just for one more point in MD and just for one champion. Am I missing something? Can any Sym Supreme players give me some tips? Keep in mind I play really aggressively after the sp3 just to try to get to 2 bars of power.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

The jump from 3 to 4 for MD is massive. You don’t HAVE to do it, but it’ll help him so so much.

Is it worth it for just one champ tho?
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Depends on what that champ is going to do for you. It’s well worth the investment if, for example, he’s a consistently central piece in your AW attack team, or he’s your key to completing certain piece of content relatively cheaply.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    But all isn’t lost even if you decide to keep him at 3/5.

Try throwing your L3 when SS is at 100 genetic potential and when the opponent has a number of buffs active. It can take a bit of patience to wait until both of these criteria are aligned.

Since you trigger all three blessings after your L3, you’ll instantly nullify all active buffs on the defender (via the Chthon’s Cunning blessing). The 100 genetic potential will get you a full bar of power, and if you nullify enough buffs with your L3, MD should take you nearer to those two bars that you’re looking for.

I hope that makes some sense?

Depends on what that champ is going to do for you. It’s well worth the investment if, for example, he’s a consistently central piece in your AW attack team, or he’s your key to completing certain piece of content relatively cheaply.

But all isn’t lost even if you decide to keep him at 3/5.

Try throwing your L3 when SS is at 100 genetic potential and when the opponent has a number of buffs active. It can take a bit of patience to wait until both of these criteria are aligned.

Since you trigger all three blessings after your L3, you’ll instantly nullify all active buffs on the defender (via the Chthon’s Cunning blessing). The 100 genetic potential will get you a full bar of power, and if you nullify enough buffs with your L3, MD should take you nearer to those two bars that you’re looking for.

I hope that makes some sense?

Awesome, thank you for the advice @Octoberstack . I'll have to assess my goals to see if I want to invest in 4/5 MD. Thanks for the tips about when to use the sp3 as well, I'll make sure to do that.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    4/5 is the sweet spot he really needs it to cycle sp3 faster

4/5 is the sweet spot he really needs it to cycle sp3 faster

Alright, I might have to bite the bullet and unlock 4/5 MD then.
  • No it's not. Trust me I have experienced it.

No it's not. Trust me I have experienced it.

@MagnaAngemon_333 4 is surely enough tho right? Cuz no way I'm getting 5
  • Yeah 4 will be decent enough. 4 will work.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    if you run a lot of mystics or play Sym the majority out of your roster, MD4 mate. i used to run it but recently I took all of my points out of MD to try other masteries because i've found myself playing more classes of champs lately. i went for a balanced mastery setup because i'm all over the place with who i play lately lol
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

I took my Sym Supreme to r5 a few days ago and I really like his playstyle and his buff control. However, sometimes even after I throw an sp3 with 100 genetic potential and with 3/5 MD, I cannot reach 2 bars of power in time before my blessings expire. The upgrade to 4/5 MD for one champion (Sym Supreme is the only mystic I have ranked 4/55 or higher and I don't even use him that much, just in specific scenarios) is very expensive as it costs like 320k loyalty I think just for one more point in MD and just for one champion. Am I missing something? Can any Sym Supreme players give me some tips? Keep in mind I play really aggressively after the sp3 just to try to get to 2 bars of power.

Yoo this same thing happens to me, literally just commented about it on another thread. Glad im not the only one.

SS users please enlighten me, im not finding the hype behind this guy!!

I use 4 in MD, i wait for when the potentials are at 100 but even then i dont get back to the sp2 in time!!! It only works if the defender has a lot of buffs active at the time like for instance groot/KG/Aegon.

What gives? I thought SS was the best option for “buff control”? Are you telling me he wont work against champs with only one buff like juggernaut?

Really would like some responses on this...

Edit: OP I use 4 points in MD and it still doesnt get me back to the sp2...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Yoo this same thing happens to me, literally just commented about it on another thread. Glad im not the only one.

SS users please enlighten me, im not finding the hype behind this guy!!

I use 4 in MD, i wait for when the potentials are at 100 but even then i dont get back to the sp2 in time!!! It only works if the defender has a lot of buffs active at the time like for instance groot/KG/Aegon.

What gives? I thought SS was the best option for “buff control”? Are you telling me he wont work against champs with only one buff like juggernaut?

Really would like some responses on this...

Edit: OP I use 4 points in MD and it still doesnt get me back to the sp2...
    Lol
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Having an R2 6* and and R4 5* (max sig) Symbiote Supreme, and not a single point in MD, yeah, I would say that's enough. I'm still impressed by how he controls a fight.