**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus glaive bug

LmaoLmao Posts: 840 ★★★
Does the bug still exist that corvus glaive does less damage when the opponent is armour broken?

Comments

• shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Yes it happens to me too only sps do more damage.
    Basic attacks do the same damage
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    shield456 said:

I believe that’s cause of his true damage. If you get multiple armor breaks though his damage increases.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah it happened with all true strike it is what we in the business like to call, “a long standing bug” @Kabam Miike
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    I don't think there is any bug I am using corvus and he is dealing his original damage
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,047 ★★★★

shield456 said:

I believe that’s cause of his true damage. If you get multiple armor breaks though his damage increases.
    I always play my corvus with Howard the duck in aq.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

shield456 said:

Nope its critical hits. Happens with every character, its just most noticeable with corvus
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/194946/corvus-glaive-bugged-see-discussion#latest

May 12, still nothing. The linked post even got mentioned in one of RichTheMan youtube video.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It happens when his armour breaks exceed the opponents base armour and they have physical resist, when the armour goes below 0 the true damage which gives him a set number appears to disappear which then results in his damage being reduced by physical resist

They do actually. With other characters at least. And in the previous thread (which was deleted) someone said that it doesnt affect corvus' first light and I didn't bother to question that
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    @Voltolos In 3rd image you uploaded the Thanos' Favor expired which reduced his attack rating and he doesn't have True Damage. As far as I know this bug only affects champs with True Damage or True Strike.

Take a look at these-

For Cull more Armor Break increases his damage as the physical resistance remains same( 2 Heat Charges)

My assumptions is that when opponent's armor is negative, true damage stops working so hits will not ignore physical resistance which causes the damage to reduce.
    edited October 2020
    Yeah thats not possible. The bug happens with medusa as well, sadly the thread was deleted but true damage is not the only problem here
    Also if the 4 armor breaks were enough to increase the damage on Culls non-crits they should have increased it on his crits as well
    Doesn't seem to happen with Medusa.

Damage increase with more armor break but reduces when heat charges increase as expected. Physical resistance will reduce physical damage.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Gotszbot said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/194946/corvus-glaive-bugged-see-discussion#latest

May 12, still nothing. The linked post even got mentioned in one of RichTheMan youtube video.

They like locking threads now, sweep things under the rug if it goes unnoticed long enough...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Happens with medusa and others, and it’s been this way for a long time.

You can see two light attack crits where the one that happens while hulk is armor broken has reduced damage compared to one with out the armor break.

You can compare two videos taken years apart also.

https://youtu.be/5QB-kNOsRG0

https://youtu.be/VC7y_adgSbg

Ok this affects all the champs, but champs without True Damage are only affected on thier critical hits. This is because Critical Hits work like True Damage( which I forgot). That's why it affects CG on non critical hits as well because all his hits do True Damage.
    edited October 2020
    If you want to know more about Critical Hits or how armor works read this.
    Do check following two Questions:
    Q: What is Critical Hit?
    Q: How does Armor Work?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/176360/frequently-asked-questions-about-combat-and-combat-mechanics/p1
    https://youtu.be/IhlnXNS6jj0
    This bug doesn't affect True Strike. KM does same damage with True Strike against positive and negative armor.

I think my assumption is correct.
    Djin said:

My assumptions is that when opponent's armor is negative, true damage stops working so hits will not ignore physical resistance which causes the damage to reduce.

True Damage stops working when opponent has negative armor but True Strike works. That's why with True Strike hits do same damage on same type of hits unless the damage is increased or decreased from other sources.
    Critical Hits ignore some part only (True Damage ignores full). That's why this happens on Critical Hits. Critical Hits partially act like true damage.

When using champs like CG players can take advantage of negative armor and zero physical resistance because True Damage stops working. But this causes an unexpected interaction with resistance where it's no longer being ignored which causes the damage to reduce.

But the same doesn't happen with True Strike as it also ignores Auto Block and Evade so it doesn't stop working. True Strike always deals damage as if armor and resistance both are zero.
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    It’s really ridiculous that this is still not fixed. Was trying to take physical resistance Bishop on map 7 today with Corvus (with True Damage buff active which IGNORES resistances per its description) and glaive hits were doing less than 1k with a 5/65 Corvus with 2 charges. Any update Kabam on any planned fix? Or do we just accept this will be the way it will work forever?
    Sman74 said:

It’s really ridiculous that this is still not fixed. Was trying to take physical resistance Bishop on map 7 today with Corvus (with True Damage buff active which IGNORES resistances per its description) and glaive hits were doing less than 1k with a 5/65 Corvus with 2 charges. Any update Kabam on any planned fix? Or do we just accept this will be the way it will work forever?

@Sman74 It will be fixed.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/236195/bug-fix-negative-armor-and-resistances#latest
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Thanks for the link @Djin