**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

YouTubers’ Abyss guide. Which one?

Aegon finally arrived today (after exactly 61 duel crystals)(is this RNG at its best or worst?) and I will now prep for full ABYSS exploration even though I don’t even have two worthy 6 stars (really hope it is worth it, many have advised to ONLY do so if you have 6 good options, I only have one) :(

I have seen a lot of guide from YouTube such as Legacy, Seatin, Kt1 but I want to do more research to bring the best champs for each paths. The small dilemmas right now for easy path are: Quake or Heimdall, and Doom (to solo CMM) or Sym(to solo VTD)?

Anyway, biggest question is: Can someone please refer me to a guide they think is most in-depth and cost effective? It can be YouTube or reddit or forum post, etc.

I once saw someone on this forum said they completed Abyss with aegon using 13 revives. I would be great to hear their insights and tips. By the way, I wonder who holds the world record for the least item/unit spent in Abyss exploration. I feel like 2k units for each path is the absolute Minimum, BUT I really wish that someone can prove me wrong. (Looking for you, the 13 revives hero)

Thank you for your time, here is a picture to satisfy your OCD.

Have a great day!

Comments

• GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    I also recently got my Aegon :P he is awakend now and r2 ( out of iso but can r5 him) Im gonna be doing my first path here late decemberish middle december. So I would also like for that guide
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    @Lvernon15 Not gonna do the following but would it be OK of you say spent 10 revives on Thing for Build up only? and would the rest of opppnents be better? - Aegon
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    You can't go wrong with either Doom / SymSupreme for the easy path tbh. Doom will be a better all-arounder imho but either will work just fine. With SymSupreme you will have to bait more specials.

This link gives you a good overview of Abyss that helped me
    https://www.mcoc-guide.com/abyss-of-legends-aol-path-map/

@Lvernon15 Not gonna do the following but would it be OK of you say spent 10 revives on Thing for Build up only? and would the rest of opppnents be better? - Aegon

Ægon will naturally build his combos for the upcoming fights and mistakes (unless ofc you have some amazing skills) will creep up on you
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Unless your aegon is a very low sig it won’t take that many revives, think my max sig took 5 on thing
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    HI_guys said:

I wan to do an abyss path but lack doom or SS. Best mystic options I have right now is claire and Sorcerer supreme. Who will be the better option?

I have the rest horseman

Of course, sorcerer, claire damage is trush and sorcerer damage will be good after couple of armour break.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Aegon, SS, fury, torch, heimdall is the best for easy path? Dont have torch but I do have Void. Not sure if i should wait for torch or just go for it, also OP heimdall synergy would be better to bring than quake for her evade synergy
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Ideal team:
    Doom + Nick Fury + Human Torch + Aegon + Heimdall

Ideal team:

SS is better for the easy path though
  • BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    I made a forum post several days ago about my abyss experience, can be helpful for some extent. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/225865/details-how-i-did-abyss-100-without-aegon
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    GagoH said:

Ideal team:

Does SS need to be awakened? Mine isn't, but I have a Doom at max sig, so I'm trying to decide which one to bring.
    gahrling said:

GagoH said:

Ideal team:

Does SS need to be awakened? Mine isn't, but I have a Doom at max sig, so I'm trying to decide which one to bring.
    Not sure as I just got SS. I’m finding it weird to play him because after launching the sp3, by the time I get back to the sp2 the benefits he gets off the sp3 all expire. This happens even when I throw it at 100 blessings. And yes I run 4 in MD.
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    edited October 2020
    I posted an exploration guide here yesterday where I go into a little detail with each fight on all the paths (besides the easy path), as well as my unit costs and briefly went over my preparation. Feel free to check it out!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/226655/abyss-100-exploration-guide#latest
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    gahrling said:

GagoH said:

Ideal team:

SS doesn't need to be awakened. For those cosmic fights, you just wanna cycle sp3 and use some sp2's along the way I think

gahrling said:

GagoH said:

Ideal team:

SS doesn't need to be awakened. For those cosmic fights, you just wanna cycle sp3 and use some sp2's along the way I think
    Do you need to be in a particular blessing? And do you need to launch the sp3 at 100 genetic potentials?
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Nick Fury is not needed for the easy path, I brought Aegon, Doom, Void, Proxima and Heimdall - no regrets.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199

gahrling said:

GagoH said:

Ideal team:

Thanks, but I'm assuming for SS to be viable you need high levels of Mystic Dispersion, I currently have none.

I want to start and easy path run soon so I'm weighing up switching my masteries around.
    Fury is not needed , but hes the best for IW and he gives everyone +20%. Aside from him and Heimdall, who else would you bring?
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    most of them are good. the problem is when people don't do the accepted paths fight for fight like kt1, so its difficult to use it as a path guide. its good as a fight guide. another thing to consider is commentary on the runs. i personally can't stand ilacskills' cringe af commentary (with no good advice btw) and he's on A LOT of different peoples' runs unfortunately. Hector offers a lot of good advice, sometimes lagacy and msd. Chat has good advice for streams that arent crazy like seatin or bg's.