**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dash back and dash forward

I'd like to know which fingers do you use to dash back and dash forward?

I use my left hand for blocking and dashing back, use my right hand to dash forward, for light attacks and heavy attacks. This way, I kinda feel that I am not fast enough to evade some long-range specials.

For example, against classic Iron Man or Iceman, when the defender has a bar of power, I dash back instantly right after I finish my combo. But then, the defender throws his special, and I can not be fast enough to make a second dash back. The timing is too short.

What am I missing? Should I use my right hand to dash back instead of the left hand?

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I never dash back after a combo. I either wait for a parry, or then I dex a special. If they block, and I need to bait a special, I hit into their block four times, then dash back, and if they throw the special, dash back again. (In the case of OG Iron Man)

You just gotta get used to it.
  • AlphaStark20AlphaStark20 Posts: 61
    I have similar hand arrangement but I don't dash back immediately after a combo. I parry or if the opponent directly launches special attack I dash back. I'm also not really good at double dash back unless it's a special attack
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    changing your hands for dashing back wouldn't solve your problem. especially for iceman, you don't want to dash back instantly, because he's very liberal with his specials. usually they'll dash back and use their special, so just hold block and react to their heavy attacks or mediums
  • Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    I use my left thumb for blocking, then I do everything with the right one. I just dashback when I gonna intercept or bait a sp. (Under normal circumstances)
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I never dash back after a combo. I either wait for a parry, or then I dex a special. If they block, and I need to bait a special, I hit into their block four times, then dash back, and if they throw the special, dash back again. (In the case of OG Iron Man)

Yep. Dashing back immediately after a combo is the fastest way to get clipped. Always wait for the defender's next action. If they block, hit into their block before dashing back and they will usually dash forward for an easy intercept.
    Another trick I use is to hold and release block randomly forcing them to dash forward for easy intercepts.
  • kapkaccikapkacci Posts: 36

Ok, I see your point. But, what if the opponent is the boss and I don't want to take a block hit?

To be honest, I m asking this question for the grandmaster. Hic mechanic is too complex and to be able to beat him, I need to be perfect for evading such specials. But, when I concentrate on his special too much, I miss other stuff.

By the way, I generally can evade this kind of specials but get caught 1 out of 3. So, I really like to use my sparky :smile:

changing your hands for dashing back wouldn't solve your problem. especially for iceman, you don't want to dash back instantly, because he's very liberal with his specials. usually they'll dash back and use their special, so just hold block and react to their heavy attacks or mediums

If the left thumb is always fixed for blocking, I may not need to worry about blocking right after a dash back. So, I may have another chance to make a dash back. I am not sure whether this will work, just a thought.

I have similar hand arrangement but I don't dash back immediately after a combo. I parry or if the opponent directly launches special attack I dash back. I'm also not really good at double dash back unless it's a special attack

Yeah but what about taking block damage?

I use my left thumb for blocking, then I do everything with the right one. I just dashback when I gonna intercept or bait a sp. (Under normal circumstances)

I thought this as well but it is really hard to change the way you play.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Don't end your combo with medium attack while the opponent is near a bar of power or at full bar of power. End the combo with light attack that will give to more time to react.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    kapkacci said:

Ok, I see your point. But, what if the opponent is the boss and I don't want to take a block hit?

To be honest, I m asking this question for the grandmaster. Hic mechanic is too complex and to be able to beat him, I need to be perfect for evading such specials. But, when I concentrate on his special too much, I miss other stuff.

By the way, I generally can evade this kind of specials but get caught 1 out of 3. So, I really like to use my sparky :smile:
    I’m not saying take a blocked hit (unless it’s a parry, which has a damage reduction), but to hit into their block.