**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Nerfs are not live with the new update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

War_Bird said:

Snizzbar said:

Kabam Boo said:

Sorry about the current confusion. Act 6 will be updated in due course, and very soon! Please do not despair - it is well on its way!

@GroundedWisdom 👆🤣🤣🤣
    ....and? All I can go on is what's provided. The OP was going off like they were lying to people just to make sales.
    I don’t know why for once in your life you can’t just be like “whoops, my bad. Must’ve missed that announcement”. I just shows character to admit your wrong once & a while. Nothing wrong with it. I personally have to admit I’m wrong on a daily basis... sucks but that’s life.
    I'm sorry, what?
    The Thread I was participating in took place over the weekend, and was merged into this one. In that Thread, the OP was talking about the Attack Values of 6.1 and 6.2. Not the announced changes.
    There was no Announcement to see when I commented on that Thread.
    Also, you don't know me well enough to make a statement like, "for once in your life".
    Yes, and in that thread you were saying they've done all the changes to Act 6 that they're going to, there are no more to do, and there is no point asking for clarity as to why they said Act 6 path fights will be adjusted but it hasn't happened yet and seemingly won't happen. Then Boo came here and said the changes will indeed happen (thus proving you wrong and in sore need of some actual 'wisdom'. Again.).
    They also just clarified that I was right. No changes to the Attack Values are coming. So....
    When you're doing a road map that far in advance, things can change when it comes time to execute it. People wanted to know, and they told them in advance.
    They also said accordingly, which means if it's not necessary, it doesn't need to be done. There's no win with that kind of expectation.
    TyEdge said:

They also said accordingly, which means if it's not necessary, it doesn't need to be done. There's no win with that kind of expectation.

“Will be scaled down”
    “Will be reviewed to see if changes are needed”

See the difference? Reducing them by zero isn’t reducing them. By your asinine interpretation, they could’ve decided to reduce the attack values by negative 200%.
    Out of that entire process, you're focused on one thing that didn't pan out? Tell me, do you think they should have, even though it wasn't necessary, just because there was an approximate given in the road map? Do you think the overall outcome doesn't matter as much as a Post? You want it to be lowered to the point it's too easy?
    As I said in the original Thread, the design comes before the Announcement. I'm not entirely sure if you want it to be easier than it should be, or you're looking for any fault to focus on, but if you're that fed up, nothing they do or say can make a difference.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Kabam Boo said:

Update for you @Dart1981 and those with similar question surrounding 6.1 and 6.2:

CLARIFICATION:
    Act 6.1 and 6.2 may see some adjustments to the boss fight and path fights only.

Additional comments:
    When we were going back and looking at Act 6 as a whole for our adjustments, we did look at Chapters 1 and 2 and found most of the difficulty with them came from some select fights that needed to be adjusted to be more accessible, and not from any changes to stats. We're making those changes that will roll live later this week, but didn't need to make any actual changes to any Champion's stats.

We apologise for any confusions and hope this clarifies the upcoming changes for now!

Why did the roadmap promise that these values throughout 6.1 and 6.2 would be adjusted? It was in all caps as a headline and explained in the thread. It wasn’t “being reviewed” or “under consideration.” It was a done deal. Now after more than 3 months, it’s canceled, and that’s only confirmed by a forum thread that was kept alive for a week?

I don’t necessarily see that a clear promise was made to reduce 6.1 and 6.3 attack values.

What is clear is that they started at 6.4 and worked backwards. The wording regards 6.1 and 6.2 is very clear “Path fights in 6.3, 6.2 and 6.1 will be scaled down from that top value accordingly”.

So, Kabam started at 6.4 and adjusted attack values down. When they were happy with this, they look then to original 6.3 attack values and scale those accordingly in relation to the new 6.4 attack values. They then repeat this process for 6.2 and 6.1. If the original 6.2 and 6.1 attack values are already in line with the scaling system they are using, why would they take them down further?

I also wanted to point out that you specifically cited 2 boss attack values in a previous post- Medusa in 6.3.1 and Darkhawk in 6.4.3- and how they’re attack values had been reduced but 6.2 bosses hadn’t. Thing is, if you look at them, Crossbones and Sentinel attack values are lower than Medusa and Nick Fury (in 6.3.2) so that seems in line too.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Update for you @Dart1981 and those with similar question surrounding 6.1 and 6.2:

CLARIFICATION:
    Act 6.1 and 6.2 may see some adjustments to the boss fight and path fights only.

Additional comments:
    When we were going back and looking at Act 6 as a whole for our adjustments, we did look at Chapters 1 and 2 and found most of the difficulty with them came from some select fights that needed to be adjusted to be more accessible, and not from any changes to stats. We're making those changes that will roll live later this week, but didn't need to make any actual changes to any Champion's stats.

We apologise for any confusions and hope this clarifies the upcoming changes for now!

@kabamboo Thank you so much for the response! I know that other admins were tagged during the week, by other members of the community requesting clarity on this issue, to no avail, until you responded (within an hour no less) to mine and others questions on the scaling attack values in 6.1&2. You then went and got the information requested and provided a solid answer (regardless of whether it was what people wanted to hear) the same day! I can now go back into act 6 knowing the changes are all fully made and won't be adjusted further.

It's such a shame that this response couldn't have been provided by the other admins when tagged and we could've avoided a lot of petty forum arguing in the process.

Thanks again Boo!!!
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    @kabam
    Kabam Boo said:

CLARIFICATION:

Additional comments:

"Reducing attack values across the entire act"

This was a statement from the lead developer, alongside various other commitments.

It's now been reversed. I'm sort of ok with this, however for the community, what this means is that any announcement, especially following vociferous feedback and to head off drops in revenue, can simply be ignored and quietly reversed later on, once revenues bounce back.

For those hollering to accept this. The next time kabam releases a champion then nerfs them, or promises an update to say, p2099, but then says they are cancelling it, or says they are tweaking down challenging content then decides that actually it's fine and we just need to suck it up....

Remember this message...
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212

It may be that the update arrives with the new content on Wednesday ... Awaiting
  • JavivitoJavivito Posts: 5
    @Kabam Miike

Since there's no attack values nerfs even if it was announced. I'd love to come back to the Gate system in 6.2. It was acknowledged by Kabam that it was a bad idea and removed in 6.3, but at the same time they refused to remove them. That's ok, but I wanted to propose 2 adaptations:

- Class requirements no longer exclude 6* champions (now it's 5* class requirements which doesn't make sense)
    - Limit those gate requirements to max 3 champions (now it's 4 champions in 6.2.5 and .6, it would really help personally for Cosmic path in 6.2.5 and Skill path in 6.2.6 to bring 2 better options for the champion instead of 1)

Thanks for your time.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

CLARIFICATION:

Additional comments:

Caustic temper and buffed up path in 6.1.6
    More importantly caustic temper should be scraped 🙃
  • Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
    Exactly TyEdge. I would have 6.1 and 6.2 100% explored if they would not have said it was changing. I figured might as well wait because if nothing else it will save me a handful of revives and after nerf won’t need to use boosters. So frustrating. Basically paused 3 months of progression.
    Ebony_Naw said:

You're expecting a to-the-letter explanation on their process in adjusting Act 6. They've adjusted it. They laid out a tentative explanation on how they were going to handle it. You really need them to break it down? They adjusted it where they saw it appropriate.

They said they would lower values in 6.4 to 5k-9k and adjust 6.3 and earlier based on that. I know you're not there yet, but they didn't do that. What exactly is so hard to understand? That's what he's asking. Quietly changing the goal post is something that annoys some in the community. When they make specific promises, people have a right to expect them to follow through, or at least an explanation of why Kabam will not.
    Asking a question is one thing. Had it been a question, I wouldn't have said anything. Going on about how suspicious it is they said it before July 4th and how there's a pressing need for an explanation because people are being cheated isn't asking. It's calling them out.
    Ebony_Naw said:

All people have been doing is asking questions, and demanding an explanation for why the attack values haven't changed. One person's accusation had nothing to do with my comment (and most of yours, because it came later) so it's irrelevant. Stop hijacking threads in hopes of getting them closed down.

I'm done

You weren't even in the Thread when it took place this weekend. Just stop.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

You're expecting a to-the-letter explanation on their process in adjusting Act 6. They've adjusted it. They laid out a tentative explanation on how they were going to handle it. You really need them to break it down? They adjusted it where they saw it appropriate.

They said they would lower values in 6.4 to 5k-9k and adjust 6.3 and earlier based on that. I know you're not there yet, but they didn't do that. What exactly is so hard to understand? That's what he's asking. Quietly changing the goal post is something that annoys some in the community. When they make specific promises, people have a right to expect them to follow through, or at least an explanation of why Kabam will not.
    Asking a question is one thing. Had it been a question, I wouldn't have said anything. Going on about how suspicious it is they said it before July 4th and how there's a pressing need for an explanation because people are being cheated isn't asking. It's calling them out.
    Then just let Kabam answer......... if you read the initial post, it was a simple question. It was only the subsequent post and responses, when everything got a bit stupid. All exasperated by the non response! If Kabam had simply responded to the initial question, as they said they wanted to be more transparent, there would have been far less uproar. Don't get me wrong, there still would have been the questions as some people clearly interpreted the Dev Diaries wording on "act 6 attack value scaling" differently to others (I too read it that attack values would be reduced, but can see that it could be interpreted as only scaled down if not already appropriately valued). Kabam should have really announced that after review and adjustment to 6.3 and 6.4, there need not be any scaling to attack values in 6.1 & 6.2 (don't personally see how that can possibly be the case though if they are scaling attack in 6.4 down by between 40-60% .....was there really that big of a gap between 6.2 and 6.3????)

Dart1981 said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Then just let Kabam answer......... if you read the initial post, it was a simple question. It was only the subsequent post and responses, when everything got a bit stupid. All exasperated by the non response! If Kabam had simply responded to the initial question, as they said they wanted to be more transparent, there would have been far less uproar. Don't get me wrong, there still would have been the questions as some people clearly interpreted the Dev Diaries wording on "act 6 attack value scaling" differently to others (I too read it that attack values would be reduced, but can see that it could be interpreted as only scaled down if not already appropriately valued). Kabam should have really announced that after review and adjustment to 6.3 and 6.4, there need not be any scaling to attack values in 6.1 & 6.2 (don't personally see how that can possibly be the case though if they are scaling attack in 6.4 down by between 40-60% .....was there really that big of a gap between 6.2 and 6.3????)

There's a difference between asking why something was decided against, and spending days tagging Mods, implying it was just all to make sales, claiming it's a pressing issue because people are being cheated, and generally acting as if we're their employers. There's a line between transparency and demanding every decision made is answered to.
This discussion has been closed.