**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulkbuster vs Punisher 2099

Right now after completing my first run of Abyss I got of course the only T5CC i didnt have a strong candidate for taking to R3. Can anyone make a case for taking one of these champs to R3

Hulkbuster
Punisher 2099
Mysterio

All unawakened

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hulkbuster
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    @Mcdonalds Do you know why Punisher 2099 is better?
  • Harsha_9550Harsha_9550 Posts: 9
    Hey man hulkbuster is one of champs who complete fights faster, and I have a 5 star rank 4 hulkbuster too, and he is also have bleed and poison resistance, power burn ,power lock. Hulk buster have crazy damage output and good utility.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    I would not spend a Tech catalyst on any of these. I would wait for Ghost, Warlock, or G99. HB is amazing, but personally I like Mysterio a lot more, so for my preference I would R3 him. However, I would only do it after I took one of the initial champs R3 first.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Personally not a fan of Hulkbuster, but it would be between him and Mysterio. Unless for some reason you need to urgently rank them up, I would save for a better options such as Ghost, Guillotine 2099 and Warlock but your choice is yours.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Neither are great
    they both are "Mostly Average Joes"
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Punisher - good damage, no immunities, limited power control

Hulkbuster - good damage, limited immunity, a bit difficult, some power control, sturdy

Mysterio - big crit damage, low crit chance, posion immunity, nice utility (regen, ppwer drain), but slow damager

I can't make the decision for you, I tried to sum up my experiences with the champions. I would lean towards Mysterio
  • ERockHDERockHD Posts: 54

Personally not a fan of Hulkbuster, but it would be between him and Mysterio. Unless for some reason you need to urgently rank them up, I would save for a better options such as Ghost, Guillotine 2099 and Warlock but your choice is yours.

the reason for the rush would be after seeing if the new title rewards are worth it
    Kerneas said:

Punisher - good damage, no immunities, limited power control

Hulkbuster - good damage, limited immunity, a bit difficult, some power control, sturdy

Mysterio - big crit damage, low crit chance, posion immunity, nice utility (regen, ppwer drain), but slow damager

I can't make the decision for you, I tried to sum up my experiences with the champions. I would lean towards Mysterio

Appreciate the prospective
    Mcdonalds said:

Look, Hulkbuster by a country mile is your best option, but consider your choices. Spending a T5CC Tech catalyst is huge, and if you miss the opportunity of a Ghost or Warlock, you could regret it. But I cannot control you at all. Hulkbuster is the best of all your options

right now i have 58 6* and with the new title looming i'm afraid i might have to make a difficult choice. I wish they would give you a 1 time T5CC re-roll
    edited October 2020
    Mcdonalds said:

MaxGaming said:

they both are "Mostly Average Joes"

Unlike Taskmaster
    A recycling bin
    at least he isnt a trash bin like Hulk Buster
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    I just did abyss on Sunday and got tech t5cc and tech awakening, my ONLY tech 6* is mysterio. I really really love playing the guy.... But imagine pulling ghost the next day 🙈 I'm gonna wait til we find out the rewards for throne breaker, but I'm biting my nails until then
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    If you've also got a tech AG I'd go with Mysterio
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    I wouldn't pick any of the 3. Hb if I had to. If you need it for thronebreaker, first see what the rewards are actually going to be worth it. Like ppl mentioned above after you do it you will get ghost or warlock
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    Also alot of the really good things you get with thronebreaker is not coming on the release but "over time" (if at all)
  • HolrosHolros Posts: 361 ★★★
    Hulkbuster definitely, but if you are the patient type I would suggest keeping it for either warlock, ghost or g99
    Sunny2 said:

Also alot of the really good things you get with thronebreaker is not coming on the release but "over time" (if at all)

very true definitely interested to see if the rewards are worth it
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the "wait until you get one of these 3 particular champs" school of thought. If you are using those champs regularly (well, maybe you weren't regularly using Punisher 2099 until his update), then they are all viable options for R3. Personally, I'd say Hulkbuster has the edge in my opinion, but that's because I use him pretty frequently. Mysterio is definitely a worthy choice, as well. I am slowly getting to appreciate him more now that I was able to max out my 5* version on my second account. And I've liked what I've seen so far of the Punisher 2099 buff. None of them are bad champs now, and Hulkbuster and Mysterio are actually two of the better tech champs, IMO.

TL;DR: I'd lean towards Hulkbuster, but go with whomever you play the most and have the most fun playing. It's a game, afterall.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the "wait until you get one of these 3 particular champs" school of thought. If you are using those champs regularly (well, maybe you weren't regularly using Punisher 2099 until his update), then they are all viable options for R3. Personally, I'd say Hulkbuster has the edge in my opinion, but that's because I use him pretty frequently. Mysterio is definitely a worthy choice, as well. I am slowly getting to appreciate him more now that I was able to max out my 5* version on my second account. And I've liked what I've seen so far of the Punisher 2099 buff. None of them are bad champs now, and Hulkbuster and Mysterio are actually two of the better tech champs, IMO.

TL;DR: I'd lean towards Hulkbuster, but go with whomever you play the most and have the most fun playing. It's a game, afterall.

Hulkbuster was my first 4* and i was so excited cause he looked so cool. my roster is pretty stacked except of course 6* Techs. I'm def leaning towards the Hulkbuster rank up. I just know as soon as i do it within the next couple 6* crystals im going to pull Warlock or G2099 lol
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I would r3 hulkbuster, in fact I'm thinking on do it on my account, my options are him or warlock but I'd r3 hulkbuster for the damage and keep warlock r2 for the utility, I'm not sure just yet, however hulkbuster is amazing.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Hulkbuster is too good to regret ranking up in any rarity. There’s 3-4 tech champs you can pull that are better, mostly because of base immunities/phasing, but they all have their own quirks/imperfections. Waiting for Ghost, you still have to learn to play Ghost and presumably carry her entourage while learning. There’s multiple 6* ghosts in my ally (gold3) that never see light of AQ or AW. if u know u can use her, great, but my experience is that’s not a given if ur doing post-cavalier content.

Warlock on other hand is very easy to use but not same level for alpha boss-killing damage output. G2099 has great kit, but quirky mechanics, higher skill cap could put people off.

These three champs, and only these three, might have wider range of case uses but if he can heavy and get to sp2 HB’s right up there w any of them. Throw in Guardian and imo they represent the elite top 5 tech champs, all worthy of 6r3. And HB might be most accessible of the bunch after Warlock as stand-alone champ that doesn’t need sig or synergies, but also has good sig and synergies.