**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

OMG Hawkeye SP1

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
I’m guessing this has been reported somewhere already but I’m so mad right now I couldn’t give two ****s.

What is with the huge delay after firing off his SP1 now? You’re locked in place for 2 seconds while he puts his bow away, you just stand there rooted to the spot and have to take a blocked combo (or worse if you try to dash). Why was this changed?! Who asked for this?!?

Don’t tell me, it’s being investigated and will be fixed in next month’s update, or next year’s update, or never...

I’m sick of the game engine changing for the worse with every update. The basic fighting engine should be static, it used to be fine, if the developers weren’t so hell-bent on trickle-feeding 12.0 back into the game with every update we could just get on with playing it like we used to.

Well done Kabam, you’ll be pleased to know this change has already made you some of my money in 5.3. I’m on the verge of dumping this game, the longer I play the worse it gets.

Comments

• SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Seems it's the same with Winter Soldier.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    People were complaining that mordo and hyperion hit you as soon as they use their SP3 so kabam increased recovery time for every champ
  • KingKong666KingKong666 Posts: 48
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    I’m guessing this has been reported somewhere already but I’m so mad right now I couldn’t give two ****s.

What is with the huge delay after firing off his SP1 now? You’re locked in place for 2 seconds while he puts his bow away, you just stand there rooted to the spot and have to take a blocked combo (or worse if you try to dash). Why was this changed?! Who asked for this?!?

Don’t tell me, it’s being investigated and will be fixed in next month’s update, or next year’s update, or never...

I’m sick of the game engine changing for the worse with every update. The basic fighting engine should be static, it used to be fine, if the developers weren’t so hell-bent on trickle-feeding 12.0 back into the game with every update we could just get on with playing it like we used to.

Well done Kabam, you’ll be pleased to know this change has already made you some of my money in 5.3. I’m on the verge of dumping this game, the longer I play the worse it gets.

Unfortunately the key phrase here is "on the verge". Only time I've seen a genuine reaction was v12 Nerfgate. If I was unhappy with a product the last thing i would do is buy more. Sometimes I'm not sure who's intelligence I question more, the fools or the fools that pay to follow.
  • The same **** is there with magik's lvl2. Hawk and magik are 2 of my r4 5*s who I consistently use in war/map6. Thanks kabam, you pricks.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    People were complaining that mordo and hyperion hit you as soon as they use their SP3 so kabam increased recovery time for every champ

Incorrect the A.I. can virtually attack instant after the special. I ate an sp1 from an A.I. hulk and the A.I. dashed in so fast my character had not even gotten up from the piece of land the hulk threw at me lmfao

Oh and btw its not just one champ its EVERY CHAMP.

@O.P. There is another thread on the forum. You should really check the forums before making a new thread about something already being heavily discussed. It helps compile all the bugs.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Just tested hawkeye and ws and if you don’t hold block right after s1 ai will be able to get up and attack before you can do anything and holding block does not always work.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    Just tested hawkeye and ws and if you don’t hold block right after s1 ai will be able to get up and attack before you can do anything and holding block does not always work.

That’s my experience. I can see now that all champs are affected to some degree, chain stunning with Storm and Thor has been nerfed as well, but Hawkeye in particular is really vulnerable after using a special.

This is a HUGE bug, this cannot wait a month. We need an urgent hot fix for this.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    FYI: hyperion was attacking me when his l3 animation ended. He was literally attacking me before the animation ended bc when the screen came back he was already on me trying to hit. He was so fast that he actually managed to hit me before I had even stood up.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Every champ after they use there Special 3, they hit me I can't even recovery. It pisses me off because I lose fights and they literally have little to no health. They need to fix that bug or something.
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    Fix Hawkeye now.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    I've noticed this with a large number of champions. The reaction tweak after specials is broken. You basically have to eat block damage or get a lucky parry
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I don’t have faith in them fixing it so this maybe the final straw.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    What jackass flagged op post and why? This is getting out of hand with this senseless flags from cowards

I miss the early days of this forum where you could SEE who flagged it or agreed with it, etc.
  • 8406GR8406GR Posts: 55
    So holding the block position after getting L3 by hyp & mordo only worked for me?
    Btw, I noticed this while trying to run through more of 5.3 as magik takes forever to start a combo after her L2.
    My solution is to not change every champion across the board but maybe stick to those specific champs that are issues. I don't mind kabam changing the content or aspects of the features but this is a direct change to the actual champions.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Yea Hawkeye needs to be fixed
  • And now that you don’t need google or apple store to know there is an update stuff can get changed w/o announcement whenever they want...shady ****
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    Pls fix hawkeye, he's getting hit everytime he uses his sp1.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Same issue with GP's Sp2. She falls down after kicking the grenade, and despite the AI getting a blast to the face, they can get up and dash attack before GP can even stand up.

To be honest, I've all but stopped using special attacks unless they serve a specific purpose (like Magik's SP2 powerlock) or they end the fight. Just too many bugs using them.
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    I haven't played an instance today where I needed to use specials, but it sounds like this is happening on all specials, yes?
  • Hey All,

We are aware of an issue that has been reported with some different Champions stalling after using their special attacks. We're currently working on finding the source of this problem. Can you all please contribute any information that you find to the Bug thread about this here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/24117/dash-back-after-special-not-working-merged-threads/

We're collecting information to help us track down the cause of the issue there.
  • SuraSura Posts: 89
    Too many Champs to fix. Hawkeye needs to go at the bottom now.
    They need to fix Vision first. He has been broken for months
    Kabam needs to learn prioritization.
    Fix one at a time. Otherwise you get a mess....
    For now I suggest using a different champ than Hawkeye.

• Bostonjedi wrote: »
    And now that you don’t need google or apple store to know there is an update stuff can get changed w/o announcement whenever they want...shady ****

Not quite! This is not what the new Data delivery system does. We can't push a change that requires a client side fix without the use of the App Store or Google Play store. Furthermore, we always announce changes!

If a fix can be made server side, then we can, but have been able to do that since the beginning!
This discussion has been closed.