**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dash Back After Special Not working [Fix in Progress]

Comments

• 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    evey mode every champ every device latest update

btw is there anyone in that office that actually plays the game?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Hi nobody can play the game can we get a comment and a huge apology asap
    What's the apology going to solve? Just fix the problem and we can all move on.
  • JoeyDJoeyD Posts: 6
    I got this problem using multiple champs. But most notably with a 5/50 BW in Act 5.3.6. I’m using latest update and device is iPad mini 4
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    So after doing an arena run, I think the new update definitely made parry work more like it’s supposed to, but they did nothing to fix the intermittent unresponsive controls after parry and specials. Visions powerburn issue is still alive and well too. Disappointing.

iPhone 7+ iOS 11 on latest update with all champs and all game modes.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    As soon as I loaded update I went I to rol and went to use 5/50 magik vs winter soilder. Choice was made because magik would help me test parry, stopping mid combo, and general responsiveness as I intercept much more with her than other champs

It took me no more than 1 to 2 minutes to feel this problem and I posted in another thread almost instantly thinking it was only an issue with magik and being able to intercept a cornered opponent after an l2.

If I, an average player in this game can feel it and see it in my first fight, how is it any way possible this was tested? The only answer I can see is that it wasnt
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Wow. This war is going to be terrible. Just tested this bug with SL in the monthly quest. Hasn't been a problem so far because I am still on heroic so a special ends the fight or isn't needed. Just tried it against the final Boss and after a L1 SL just stood there and got mauled. No response to evade, parry, etc. iPhone 7+. Haven't updated to iOS 11 yet but is sounds like that isn't relevant.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Just used a 2* SW against an opponent in Arena. Used her SP1 twice, and both times it landed, but I got smacked by a combo before I had a chance to react. She hadn't even touched the ground yet when the opponent had already recovered from the hit and starting a combo on her. I was even holding block while the animation was ongoing in the hopes that I wouldn't miss a beat. Didn't work. Can't use her specials anymore without getting combo'd. It's like recoil.

This is the worst bug I've seen since players were frozen mid-air during the 12.0 updates.
  • BAGABAGA Posts: 2
    Very close to being done with you guys all together, to call this unintentional is a slap in the face to those of us in the know. You guys literally have no shame.
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    Also game restarting when switching apps on ios11 still happening as well. These were all issues that were supposed to be resolved in this update. And many are game breaking as they are fundamental aspects of gameplay or champions (in visions case). I saw a post yesterday that the control issues are not slated to be addressed until 16.0 now. @KabamMiike can you please speak to the dev team and see if we can get a resolution on these issues with an earlier update? I know all of the players are very frustrated with these issues persisting and not being addressed since 12.0
    edited September 2017
    They need to

1) Decrease the downtime after using SP1 and SP2

and

2a) Either increase the reaction downtime after a champ uses SP3's

or

2b) Cause champions that use SP3's to auto dash backward to allow the other opponent time to react so those affected champs aren't pummeled after receiving a SP3
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    They need to decrease the downtime after using SP1 and SP2, and either increase the downtime for using SP3's or causing champions that use SP3's to auto dash backward to allow the other opponent time to react.

Sp3 in mind experience is a real disaster now. My champ is frozen similar to sp1 and 2 but so is still charging in immediately. There is no chance to react
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    They need to decrease the downtime after using SP1 and SP2, and either increase the downtime for using SP3's or causing champions that use SP3's to auto dash backward to allow the other opponent time to react.

Sp3 in mind experience is a real disaster now. My champ is frozen similar to sp1 and 2 but so is still charging in immediately. There is no chance to react

Yup. What's going on with SP1 and SP2 is the opposite of what's going on with SP3 in my experience. You get pummeled after using a SP1 or SP2, and when you receive a SP3 you get auto-pummeled. Ridiculous.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone, just merged some threads together that seem to be reporting the same issue. Could those of you who are experiencing this issue provide the Champions you've experienced this issue with, their rank, what Champs you were fighting, the game mode you were fighting in, the device and OS you're using, and what version of the game you are running? Any extra info you can provide would be super helpful, as would any video you might have that demonstrates this.

This is all champs, in all aspects of the game, and I am currently in the arena running my entire roster with all champs suffering the same issue. After using a special attack your champion just stands in place. You risk being easily attacked, something that is gonna be more of a threat in AQ, AW, and other harder content that will force item use.

This bug also has an effect on champs who rely on stun after a special. DD for example, use a special and you are stuck standing there while your opponent is stunned and don't get a chance to capitalize on the stun. Pretty much, you're stunned with the opponent.

This bug needs fixed quick because its gonna cause a lot of damage to the player base.

EDIT: IOS 11, iPhone 6plus
  • LariatLariat Posts: 23
    Surprise, Surprise. Another wonderful update. This game is slowly losing its lustre. Ive played since the beginning and every update you have to relearn the game. Time to say goodbye. This game doesnt deserve anything over a 1* review
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    i'm so disapointed i was exploring act 5.2 my champions freeze and they combo me.
    other than that they're blocking in midlle of my chain specially that sp2 parry was not fixed i found that it got nerfed more now after u finish ur combo and they attack u u can't parry them again bcz (they become stun immune) they keep hitting ur guard
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed.
  • same problem here,including parry not working sometimes...nexus 6p,latest game update,Gwenpool,hyperion etc
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    Planet Kabam, this is Earth. Anyone here?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Been getting this in arena. If it happens in AQ and AW I', going to be pissed. COnsidering it took them 2 months to fix the double dash back I'm not gonna hold my breath.
  • lagulamalagulama Posts: 38
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone, just merged some threads together that seem to be reporting the same issue. Could those of you who are experiencing this issue provide the Champions you've experienced this issue with, their rank, what Champs you were fighting, the game mode you were fighting in, the device and OS you're using, and what version of the game you are running? Any extra info you can provide would be super helpful, as would any video you might have that demonstrates this.

This happens after every specials, especially when that special inflicts stun. it's like a 1 second delay before I can dash back or forward. Happens to me with Hyperion, gambit, hulk, guillo, kamala and plenty more

and this lag doesn't happen to the opponent. They can immediately dash back/forward after a special, while we can't. Major disadvantage. my recent experience with kamala:

do a special - can't dash back - get a deadly special from wolvie - bled to death...

Is a way to get us killed more? if it is, good job.

I'm using a Zenfone 2 btw
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    lagulama wrote: »

This happens after every specials, especially when that special inflicts stun. it's like a 1 second delay before I can dash back or forward. Happens to me with Hyperion, gambit, hulk, guillo, kamala and plenty more

and this lag doesn't happen to the opponent. They can immediately dash back/forward after a special, while we can't. Major disadvantage. my recent experience with kamala:

do a special - can't dash back - get a deadly special from wolvie - bled to death...

Is a way to get us killed more? if it is, good job.

I'm using a Zenfone 2 btw

Right! Not only are we stuck standing still after using a special, the AI is able to move immediately after using theirs. It is my understanding this would be “outside the rules of the game” (to paraphrase your belief that allowing spidey to evade and attack at the same time was supposedly not outside the game bc human players could supposedly do the same thing)
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    5 pages in and still no response besides the general what device did you use?
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Fix this bs Kabam....
  • JakobitzJakobitz Posts: 41
    I’ve noticed this with most champs in arena, but mostly with a 4/55 Hyperion in quests. Overall, all my champs are less responsive to inputs. Can dash back and the forward quickly anymore. Can’t block then dash quickly. The response time all around is slower and lags some. iPhone 6s, iOS 11
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    RedRooster wrote: »
    Most games, even sports make rule, condition and equipment changes to enhance enjoyment and game play.

The latest game changes seem to be anything but enhancing game play and ever so slightly shifting the balance of power to the AI. There seems to be a real struggle in producing competitive but balanced content for a player base who's skill level only increases over time.

I feel like they've been tweaking AI recovery times to the point where it is instant recovery (maybe even premature recovery. Do you ever feel like the AI can launch a special attack before finishing the last combo?)

Now that they've max out AI recovery times, they're handicapping player recovery. It was probably supposed to be a change that would go unnoticed, but they've miscalculated. So what would have been a silent nerf is now turning into a deafening roar amongst the community.

Exactly
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Been using pretty much every champ on IOS11 and the result is pretty much exactly the same. There's a delay after specials where we can't make any input and it's resulting in being unfairly punished by the enemy AI. One of my friends is in LoL and got the bug with Guilly on X-23. So he's been needlessly wasting revives. How the heck did this manage to happen is my question. Does the code corrupt itself?