**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    BOSSXL said:

You actually advised us to “grind until our dark hearts content”. So we do and now you want to ban? In case you are not aware, you can not spend the shards anywhere yet, so there is no advantage. So take the shards and leave the sound and keys and continue on. No bans needed. This is on you kabam, own your mistake.

They have not said they were banning anyone. JFC.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
  • I don’t understand what this Kabam company doing and who works there?!?why every time you doing bagged quests and players banned cause of your mistakes!? Is it normal procedure??fix you game first and then release new update! I’m not gonna be silent anymore! Not everyone even reads this articles about new monthly quest and they don’t know how many times they can make runs, besides nothing valuable from this new October quest! It is not 19 AG or shards for five or six star crystals! It is damn souls and keys which we can’t even use! Fix your game Kabam! No need throw threats to community about ban!
  • ZipioZipio Posts: 128
    How's there already been three threads with this exact title xD
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    because you agreed not to exploit bugs. That being said there is no evidence they are banning anyone here.,
  • MrFlimsyMrFlimsy Posts: 2
    edited October 2020
    Why do you keep on patching buggy updates? Don't you have testers? It seems your not testing your app before patching it to live. When there is a bug you will ban those players who exploit it. It's your problem and fault in the first place. I'm a programmer and those bugs in live server makes me sick. Sharing my thought. 😂

Lormif said:

I went through the side quest 4 times because the in-game mail said we could grind skeleton keys and souls as much as we want. Then I found out I was getting shards when I wasn't supposed to. so now I'm scared of getting banned.
    Is this seriously OUR fault when the SAME thing happened just LAST MONTH.
    And instead of banning everybody and having people get even angrier about the whole situation, just hold off putting the Monsters and Hunters Crystal out for everyone and just take some time to remove shards from peoples accounts.
    PLEASE DON'T BAN EVERYONE!

they are more likely to ban yall for spamming the forums.
    Yea you know nothing about spamming the forums... lol
    I post a lot, I dont open new posts about the same thing. One is in the rules of the forums, the other is not.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

You actually advised us to “grind until our dark hearts content”. So we do and now you want to ban? In case you are not aware, you can not spend the shards anywhere yet, so there is no advantage. So take the shards and leave the sound and keys and continue on. No bans needed. This is on you kabam, own your mistake.

I kinda hope they do just for the giggles. The fact that people still haven't learned and then try to act innocent/ignorant is mind blowing
  • RevHeresyRevHeresy Posts: 68
    The fact the quest is out hours earlier than intended should have been the first clue.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I don't come on the forum much, I do prefer to just play the game and live. But after this update and being able to replay the side quest over and over, I thought I'd come on for some info.

So apparently there is a possibility of people getting banned if they have played the quests multiple times? Surely to the average player, who doesn't do homework about the events before they start, that is absolutely ridiculous to ban people for simple playing content that has been made available?

I'd fully understand them reversing rewards and reimbursing energy spent, but to ban people for playing content they have made available is absolutely ridiculous to me.

PS, I only did the quests once, but noticed there was nothing stopping me from re-doing it. I just assumed the rewards would be a one time thing anyway.

People are over exaggerating the repercussions for mistakenly getting some extra hero shards. Mostly drama queens and YouTubers stirring the pot.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

They have actually, although that post may be deleted now.

It would be ridiculous to ban players when we were encouraged to grind. If they do, they can kiss my (mediocre) $2000/year investment into the game goodbye forever.
    Seraph said:

Lormif said:

B00tblack said:

Kabam should start banning employees.
    Unreal that they can’t release content with out doing a couple runs themselves.

They don’t play their own game!

I take it you have never programmed a complex set of code in your life. Bugs happen. Other than simple hello world scripts you would be hard pressed to find a piece of code that has no bugs.
    Bugs aren't the problem, its the lack of testing that's the issue ..... as a "programmer of complex code" you should know this
    Again, testing will not find all the bugs. I assure you they test the game, but they test it in a limited capacity because there are so many of them, so much time, and an unlimited number of variables.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Dear kabam. Thank you for moving my post with 10 insighfuls tp this thread instead of deleting the entire thread and causing me to lose my insight!

Its the small victories that matter to me. OK, now back to the side event....
    DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

They have actually, although that post may be deleted now.

It would be ridiculous to ban players when we were encouraged to grind. If they do, they can kiss my (mediocre) $2000/year investment into the game goodbye forever.
    where did they say this?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

GarrettN said:

“If someone accidentally leaves their door unlocked, it’s their fault I broke in and stole! They were asking for it!”

this analogy would work if it weren't for the fact that Kabam literally told us to rerun the event, so you're wrong.
    Yes but the message we reviewed said shards were once per day. Reading comprehension is important.
    Now tell me this, how are you supposed to know that the event gives more shards unless you actually complete a second run? Like if they ban people for running it twice, that's just stupid because you couldn't possibly know. If you do like 10 runs then sure, but two is understandable.

I'm sorry you weren't taught to read well.
    LMAO this is actually laughable. Take a second to think about what you are saying. In fact let me lay it out for you.
    1) Kabam says you can only get shards once per day, HOWEVER you can grind it many times if you wish.
    2) I do a run, get my shards and keys, and then click replay in order to get more keys.
    3) Due to their glitch I get shards again. HOWEVER, it was impossible to know that I was going to get more shards on the second run, because like in the screenshot you sent, they said you would only get them once.

I don't expect another reply because this must be pretty embarassing.
    I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you as well.
    Care to elaborate? Doubt it, since you're wrong and you're resorting to just saying random stuff now.
    Not really. It'd be like trying to convince a rock that it's not a rock.
    Love how your response is just completely supporting what I said. Didn't elaborate, saying random stuff. Checks out!
    Water is wet.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Dear kabam. Thank you for moving my post with 10 insighfuls tp this thread instead of deleting the entire thread and causing me to lose my insight!

Its the small victories that matter to me. OK, now back to the side event....

Sounds like an exploit to me, I’ll pray for you.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    edited October 2020
    I managed to run the legend leg more than once before I realised it may be broken. Went back to check should be one quest each day?! The crystal shards are missing too?
    youre allowed to run it for more keys, that being said it is giving out unlimited monster crystal shards and that is a bug, look in the bugs forum.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    edited October 2020
    The shards are missing from stash! Thank heavens thought I was gonna be banned