**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Just finished once for Legendary, then I found bug happened again....

Won’t do it twice till the bug gets fixed~

Nevertheless, the shards don’t show anywhere in the account after completing a run. No shops to exchange souls or shards either. So we basically couldn’t get any benefits from the bugs.

I believe Kabam will just reset everything later today and no ban wave will happen.
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★

As stated above I ran legendary twice without really thinking. I finished it and pressed replay thinking that I could just fight them some more and practice. I was almost finished before I realized I was getting rewards and looking at my inventory it works out to 50 souls each fight, a second key and another 1500 shards. It used energy, but the line was broken, not solid.

I don't even know whether I can do the other difficulties now.

Kabam, it was great that people faced consequences last month but now there's paranoia about whether or not we can even do these side quests. I haven't and don't intend to use any of these resources if my second entry wasn't supposed to occur - if I shouldn't have been able to run this twice please remove the items from my account.

" Not intended to do twice n get rewards twice for that ! I would like if you kabam guys can take rewards from summoners profile away than banning! Because it's not our fault we got rewards again in 2nd attempt in same difficulty, since there's no key requirement for that side quest which suggest u can enter only one time in one day !
    Although it's written in mail " you can earn shards n key once in a day but not mentioned how many runs you can do in same difficulty in one day
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
    I believe because the message says grind to your dark hearts content to gain lost souls and skeleton keys.

But then it goes active and where only supposed to run it once.

Once does not equal grind to your hearts content, but that is just my understanding of the English language
    who said you are supposed to only run it once? They literally stated you can run it as much as you want, there are only 2 issues
    1) it is out earlier than they stated
    2) it is dropping unlimited monster crystal shards, it should only drop it once.

The mail was clear.
    The terms of service say you can't run it more than once.

More than once is awarding extra rewards. That is called a bug. According to the terms of service exploiting a bug can get you banned. So if you run it more than once you risk a ban.
    incorrect, the TOS says you cannot exploit bugs, they stated this one you can run over and over again. The only time you are in trouble for exploiting the bug is once you realize there is a bug, which is why they set the threashold for bans for more then 2x, the first one you cannot know, the second one you didnt know until the end.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    This isn't even the normal time for an event to be released. That should have been the first red flag for you to check if there are any bugs with the event.

I'm pretty sure anyone that ran the event last month more than twice was banned and had extra rewards taken away.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    DarkCarll said:

If I get banned for doing the side quest twice, I will ask refund of every single coin I've ever spend in this game...

You can ask all you want.. the answer will still be.. NO..
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    This. Still. Doesn’t. Reassure. Me. Of. Anything.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Not sure about october quest but you might get banned for spamming
  • AdamBrewAdamBrew Posts: 36
    I’m super bummed/stressed about this.

I was relying on the “run to your dark heart’s content” for the limbo quests.

Did the legendary 3x and epic 2x before I ran out of energy - all while thinking that I’m being savvy with my energy going for the side quest instead of how I normally spend it.

Hopefully my inventory can just be adjusted for any over-granted rewards. I’ve put too much time and energy and money into this game to be okay with getting banned for a mistake like this.

Whatever. Vent over.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Issaq1qq said:

What is my fault in this if the bug is in the game

Is your fault don't know the T.O.S. and don't read the announcements in/out game
    It was written in the announcement to grind as much as you can.So this is not the player's problem.This is Kabam's problem
    you didn't read it right
    You didn't.You just want people to get banned.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Issaq1qq said:

Is your fault don't know the T.O.S. and don't read the announcements in/out game
    It was written in the announcement to grind as much as you can.So this is not the player's problem.This is Kabam's problem
    you didn't read it right
    You didn't.You just want people to get banned.
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★

Issaq1qq said:

you didn't read it right
    You didn’t.You just want people to get banned
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
    I believe because the message says grind to your dark hearts content to gain lost souls and skeleton keys.

But then it goes active and we are only supposed to run it once.

Once does not equal grind to your hearts content, but that is just my understanding of the English language
    You don't run it more than once because it's giving shards each time. If it wasn't giving shards everytime, run it all you want as that's how it's supposed to be. The shards are the issue, not how many times you've run it. Seeing in that message that it gives shards once daily and you run it 20 times and get shards each time. 2+2= you know you were doing something wrong.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?

who said you are supposed to only run it once? They literally stated you can run it as much as you want, there are only 2 issues
    2) it is dropping unlimited monster crystal shards, it should only drop it once.

The mail was clear.

More than once is awarding extra rewards. That is called a bug. According to the terms of service exploiting a bug can get you banned. So if you run it more than once you risk a ban.
    incorrect, the TOS says you cannot exploit bugs, they stated this one you can run over and over again. The only time you are in trouble for exploiting the bug is once you realize there is a bug, which is why they set the threashold for bans for more then 2x, the first one you cannot know, the second one you didnt know until the end.
    There is no set threshold and any such thing is based on their discretion for individual instances.
    7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?

The mail was clear.

Okay you win. 2 runs won't get you banned.

But 3 can. Cause that is such a massive difference.

Oh and 2 does not equal grind to your hearts content. Since by your own admission 3 runs can get you in trouble.
    It is a MASSIVE DIFFERNCE. In one case you dont know of a problem, in the other case you do.

Also I am talking about in a general circumstance. In this case it is unlikely they will ban anyone, because the email said you can run it over and over again.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    I don’t think you will get banned, because you won’t get any benefits from this bug at this moment (no way for you to exchange shards and you can’t even see the shards in your inventory!)

Those extra shards will possibly be taken away from your account later today. That’s it.
    edited October 2020

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

How about you send in-game

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

You actually advised us to “grind until our dark hearts content”. So we do and now you want to ban? In case you are not aware, you can not spend the shards anywhere yet, so there is no advantage. So take the shards and leave the sound and keys and continue on. No bans needed. This is on you kabam, own your mistake.

They have not said they were banning anyone. JFC.
    They have actually, although that post may be deleted now.

It would be ridiculous to ban players when we were encouraged to grind. If they do, they can kiss my (mediocre) $2000/year investment into the game goodbye forever.
    where did they say this?
    @Lormif this image is doing the rounds. Not sure you’ll find the post anymore though. Miike still needs his morning coffee before confirming such things 😂

Edit: retracted. I think it’s a fake image
    That’s a photoshop, lmfao. 1) not his profile pic and 2) you can see he hasn’t logged in recently.
    Considering you can check the ingame mail with that exact wording.. i'd guess it's not a fake image..
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

Hope so.

I once gave you the benefit of the doubt for being anything other than a **** poster but this day you have proven yourself.
    I love you too.
  • fueledbyhatefueledbyhate Posts: 7
    Dont see how kabam can threaten, or actually, ban for being unable to do their own job correctly. Its been over 2 months of white squares in global chat, if they cant fix that what makes them think they could release functioning content every month. Oh, wait. They cant. Learn to do your job before banning people for completing a quest you put in the game.
    AdamBrew said:

I’m super bummed/stressed about this.

I was relying on the “run to your dark heart’s content” for the limbo quests.

Did the legendary 3x and epic 2x before I ran out of energy - all while thinking that I’m being savvy with my energy going for the side quest instead of how I normally spend it.

Hopefully my inventory can just be adjusted for any over-granted rewards. I’ve put too much time and energy and money into this game to be okay with getting banned for a mistake like this.

Whatever. Vent over.

You’re not getting banned. The stress you’re feeling is due to trolls and children neither of which are worth paying mind too.

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?

The mail was clear.

There is no set threshold and any such thing is based on their discretion for individual instances.
    They are not going to ban you for the first or second time you do something because you cannot know it was a bug. I specially stated the threshold is somewhere greater than 2 times. Where they set it after that is at their descretion for individual instances.