**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• Blitzed_unicornBlitzed_unicorn Posts: 3
    edited October 2020
    Make a mistake once and we take advantage, well shame on us. Keep making the same mistake and expect us to know that It is. That's shame on you buddy. Do you want the players of the game to be afraid to play your game? Good way to lose your following and player base. You keep punishing everyone for your own errors and soon there will be no one left to ban.

This game is very well made and thought out. I've played for years, my life was torn to shreds. And its helped me recover. Get my reflexes back, well I'm still in the process, but its very helpful.
    Its the only game I play, mistakes happen.
    Don't punish your programmers, of course not.
    But you shouldn't punish players either.
    Some people play on lunch breaks or when they have a minute.
    Not everyone can read the forums every time they play.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Issaq1qq said:

What is my fault in this if the bug is in the game

Why are you spamming the forum? Let them address the situation.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
    I believe because the message says grind to your dark hearts content to gain lost souls and skeleton keys.

But then it goes active and where only supposed to run it once.

Once does not equal grind to your hearts content, but that is just my understanding of the English language
    who said you are supposed to only run it once? They literally stated you can run it as much as you want, there are only 2 issues
    1) it is out earlier than they stated
    2) it is dropping unlimited monster crystal shards, it should only drop it once.

The mail was clear.
    The terms of service say you can't run it more than once.

More than once is awarding extra rewards. That is called a bug. According to the terms of service exploiting a bug can get you banned. So if you run it more than once you risk a ban.
    incorrect, the TOS says you cannot exploit bugs, they stated this one you can run over and over again. The only time you are in trouble for exploiting the bug is once you realize there is a bug, which is why they set the threashold for bans for more then 2x, the first one you cannot know, the second one you didnt know until the end.
    There is no set threshold and any such thing is based on their discretion for individual instances.
    They are not going to ban you for the first or second time you do something because you cannot know it was a bug. I specially stated the threshold is somewhere greater than 2 times. Where they set it after that is at their descretion for individual instances.
    Nah you said, you’re in trouble for exploiting after 2x. That’s false.
  • Atiqilis_790Atiqilis_790 Posts: 20
    Do they really expect us to research and read through the forum before every quest? I had no idea there was a bug, now i might be banned for running the side quest 5 times. Why put a replay button if its not meant to be replayed? Fire the people who test your content instead of punishing the players for not reading up on your bugs on forums.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

You actually advised us to “grind until our dark hearts content”. So we do and now you want to ban? In case you are not aware, you can not spend the shards anywhere yet, so there is no advantage. So take the shards and leave the sound and keys and continue on. No bans needed. This is on you kabam, own your mistake.

They have not said they were banning anyone. JFC.
    They have actually, although that post may be deleted now.

It would be ridiculous to ban players when we were encouraged to grind. If they do, they can kiss my (mediocre) $2000/year investment into the game goodbye forever.
    where did they say this?
    @Lormif this image is doing the rounds. Not sure you’ll find the post anymore though. Miike still needs his morning coffee before confirming such things 😂

Edit: retracted. I think it’s a fake image
    That’s a photoshop, lmfao. 1) not his profile pic and 2) you can see he hasn’t logged in recently.
    Considering you can check the ingame mail with that exact wording.. i'd guess it's not a fake image..
    Not that image. There is one of a "post" from Miike. It says Kabam Mike with one "I" and has a forum picture of Red Goblin.

Miikes forum name has two "I's" and is of Apocalypse. Plus in the wording, none of it would be how Miike actually talks. It's clearly a photoshop.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Stop believing everything you read on the internet
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Well there is 3 options when you finish the quest...

1- return to quest
    2- REPLAY
    3- Open Cristal.....

What is the bug? Why do they offer the summoner to REPLAY? How did that option appear on our screen?

Kabam, get your stuff sort out please.... and don't blame the players on this one, this one is on you! a replay option is not suggested or appear out of nowhere!

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
    I believe because the message says grind to your dark hearts content to gain lost souls and skeleton keys.

But then it goes active and where only supposed to run it once.

Once does not equal grind to your hearts content, but that is just my understanding of the English language
    who said you are supposed to only run it once? They literally stated you can run it as much as you want, there are only 2 issues
    1) it is out earlier than they stated
    2) it is dropping unlimited monster crystal shards, it should only drop it once.

The mail was clear.
    The terms of service say you can't run it more than once.

More than once is awarding extra rewards. That is called a bug. According to the terms of service exploiting a bug can get you banned. So if you run it more than once you risk a ban.
    incorrect, the TOS says you cannot exploit bugs, they stated this one you can run over and over again. The only time you are in trouble for exploiting the bug is once you realize there is a bug, which is why they set the threashold for bans for more then 2x, the first one you cannot know, the second one you didnt know until the end.
    Okay you win. 2 runs won't get you banned.

But 3 can. Cause that is such a massive difference.

Oh and 2 does not equal grind to your hearts content. Since by your own admission 3 runs can get you in trouble.
    2 runs shouldn't get you banned because you won't know it's broken after the first run. You run it again for keys and souls and see that you get shards, stop running it again. It's very simple.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

You actually advised us to “grind until our dark hearts content”. So we do and now you want to ban? In case you are not aware, you can not spend the shards anywhere yet, so there is no advantage. So take the shards and leave the sound and keys and continue on. No bans needed. This is on you kabam, own your mistake.

It would be ridiculous to ban players when we were encouraged to grind. If they do, they can kiss my (mediocre) $2000/year investment into the game goodbye forever.
    where did they say this?
    @Lormif this image is doing the rounds. Not sure you’ll find the post anymore though. Miike still needs his morning coffee before confirming such things 😂

That’s a photoshop, lmfao. 1) not his profile pic and 2) you can see he hasn’t logged in recently.
    Considering you can check the ingame mail with that exact wording.. i'd guess it's not a fake image..
    Where? There are no emails confirming bans.

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

How about you send in-game

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
    Great, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but characters to the conversation. Continue to support this nonsense.
    You’re furthering it by trying to defend the fact you fell for a troll.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

We cant totally blame anyone who did 5 or less times imo. It has a replay button and it was written "farm shards" which is nearly the only thing ppl read :(

Nowhere did it say "farm shards", sweetheart.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    High chance

1- return to quest
    2- REPLAY
    3- Open Cristal.....

What is the bug? Why do they offer the summoner to REPLAY? How did that option appear on our screen?

Kabam, get your stuff sort out please.... and don't blame the players on this one, this one is on you! a replay option is not suggested or appear out of nowhere!

Again, even though it's posted throughout this thread, you can run this quest as many times as you want to get KEY AND SOULS. You will get Crystal shards ONE TIME PER DAY.

The bug that exists right now is that it's giving SHARDS EACH RUN. That is the problem and that is the exploit that is happening here.

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

Lormif said:

BOSSXL said:

where did they say this?

He retracted the image, it was photoshop of Miike posting that they would ban for this, it was not an in game message and it was obviously a lie.

Do they really expect us to research and read through the forum before every quest? I had no idea there was a bug, now i might be banned for running the side quest 5 times. Why put a replay button if its not meant to be replayed? Fire the people who test your content instead of punishing the players for not reading up on your bugs on forums.

Oh my god.....

Again, even though it's posted throughout this thread, you can run this quest as many times as you want to get KEY AND SOULS. You will get Crystal shards ONE TIME PER DAY.

The bug that exists right now is that it's giving SHARDS EACH RUN. That is the problem and that is the exploit that is happening here.
  • CyberWolvzCyberWolvz Posts: 18
    Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.
  • dirt13jrdirt13jr Posts: 177 ★★
    Faseeh said:

We cant totally blame anyone who did 5 or less times imo. It has a replay button and it was written "farm shards" which is nearly the only thing ppl read :(

no, people who did it twice or less should not get bans. in my case i did legendary twice to grind out the souls and when i saw that i got the shards for a second time i stopped. there was no way of me knowing i would get the shards again, the people who should get bans are the ones who had proof that u would get the shards again and kept doing after two runs.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    they haven't reply yet
    Faseeh said:

It wasnt written "farm shards" it was written "farm keys and souls". Get your facts straight.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

It's against the TOS, sweetheart.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

1- return to quest
    2- REPLAY
    3- Open Cristal.....

That makes sense... I stopped at 2 runs b-cause I did get the shards twice..... which clearly is not in kabam habits to do... anyway, waiting for confirmation on what to do
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

Faseeh said:

Nowhere did it say "farm shards", sweetheart.

These guys want to justify the unjustifiable
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

How about you send in-game

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
    Great, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but characters to the conversation. Continue to support this nonsense.
    You’re furthering it by trying to defend the fact you fell for a troll.
    You said yourself a lot of people are falling for it. And with no official response by Kabam, how do I know you’re not trolling about that being a troll post? Do you see why an official response would help now?
    because miike has 2 (i)s, in the image it has one, and it also does not have his proper profile pic that you can look up...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/discussions/Kabam Miike

1- return to quest
    2- REPLAY
    3- Open Cristal.....

That makes sense... I stopped at 2 runs b-cause I did get the shards twice..... which clearly is not in kabam habits to do... anyway, waiting for confirmation on what to do
    Wait until you see an announcement here on this thread. Mostly likely at least. Running it twice won't be an issue, but more than that might.