**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• @Kabam Miike so what's the word? Are we guna be banned?
  • PAI_MEIPAI_MEI Posts: 20
    If they send the community a message to “grind to your hearts content” there is no way they will ban players for doing just that. Instead, they’ll address the shards players have when the soul store goes live.

Do we even have shards? Lol not visible anywhere. So as far as I’m concerned, I’m grinding souls and keys as intended.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

@Kabam Miike so what's the word? Are we guna be banned?

NO
  • WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

It's against the TOS, sweetheart.
    How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Wzzrdd said:

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
    It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

How about you send in-game

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
    Great, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but characters to the conversation. Continue to support this nonsense.
    You’re furthering it by trying to defend the fact you fell for a troll.
    You said yourself a lot of people are falling for it. And with no official response by Kabam, how do I know you’re not trolling about that being a troll post? Do you see why an official response would help now?
    because miike has 2 (i)s, in the image it has one, and it also does not have his proper profile pic that you can look up...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/discussions/Kabam Miike
    Sorry if I haven’t memorized his name or do not confirm the full name on all posts I see online, but this does not really do anything to make me feel wrong here. They should still send an in game mail ASAP here and stop leaving people hanging.
    Their offices are not even open yet, and they are a Canadian company so they have better work life balances hehe.
  • todd_soctodd_soc Posts: 21
    edited October 2020
    ****. I'm up to 60k teams and have ran it 4 times! This better not be a bug!!! There's a damn replay button and it gets harder, I assumed this was working correctly.
    I don't want to get banned! Should I stop?

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
    Great, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but characters to the conversation. Continue to support this nonsense.
    You said yourself a lot of people are falling for it. And with no official response by Kabam, how do I know you’re not trolling about that being a troll post? Do you see why an official response would help now?
    because miike has 2 (i)s, in the image it has one, and it also does not have his proper profile pic that you can look up...

Sorry if I haven’t memorized his name or do not confirm the full name on all posts I see online, but this does not really do anything to make me feel wrong here. They should still send an in game mail ASAP here and stop leaving people hanging.
    Their offices are not even open yet, and they are a Canadian company so they have better work life balances hehe.
    Ok I can see you just want to defend them regardless so we can just agree to disagree here.
    So you think threir devs should work 24/7, and me pointing out they dont is just wanting to defend them?
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    todd_soc said:

****. I'm up to 60k teams and have ran out 4 times! This better not be a bug!!! There's a damn replay button and it gets harder, I assumed this was working correctly.

There's a replay button because you're supposed to be able to re-run the quest, but the main issue is the crystal shards that you're getting. Those are supposed to be one-time claimables. So yeah, you should probably stop.
    todd_soc said:

****. I'm up to 60k teams and have ran it 4 times! This better not be a bug!!! There's a damn replay button and it gets harder, I assumed this was working correctly.

the bug is not the reply, we were told we could reply, it is that it should not be out already and it is droping monster crystal shards each time.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

This guy, “Kabam should send out an in game mail every time a troll photoshops something or drama queens post on the forums.”
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 114
    edited October 2020
    I was able to do the New side event. Not sure if it is supposed to be unlocked. Also I shows that I'm able to run the SAME difficulty more then once. Is this correct? I remember kabam saying you can do all of the difficulties but unsure if you can run the same more than once. I don't want to get banned for kabams mistake.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    There is two sides of this who debacle here that are quite obvious. Lets break it down so people can understand what's actually happening.
    The quest can be run once or 100 times before it resets. You can get as many keys and souls as you'd like. You can only get shards once per day. The bug is that the quest is giving shards on each run. This is where the exploit takes place.

There was an in-game message that everyone received stating you can run the quest as much as you like and shards will be given once a day. It does say you can farm keys and souls but not shards.

The exploit is knowing that if you are getting shards after the 2nd run you should stop but people are doing it over and over. That's where, as a player, you should know it's wrong and action can be taken by Kabam.

Kabam has released a bugged quest again in almost the same sense as Mutant treasure island. YES, they shouldn't have this issue as often as they seem to and especially back to back months. Having bugged content doesn't give the player base free rein to collect as much as they want before it gets fixed. That's not at all how this works. There are people saying it's Kabams fault for releasing bugged content and they shouldn't be banned. This is partially correct. They shouldn't release bugged content, or at least as often as it happens, but you should exploit bugged content as a player either.

The ToS is pretty clear on exploits. I'd say a very small percentage of players actually read the ToS but we all agreed to it when we signed up to play. At some point the responsibility falls on us as much as it does Kabam. There's no way they can ever be bug free but they do need to do better in making sure it's released properly. We need to do better to try to understand that we can't just do what we want because of a mistake. It's not how it works.

Wait to run the quest until we hear back from Kabam. Don't run it more than once if you haven't already and if you ran it twice, stop there.
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    Any souls & keys compensation for waiting on a response?? All this time i could’ve be grinding til my hearts content!
  • Teddybear1824Teddybear1824 Posts: 15
    Good morning, I’m really scary and stressed by this situation. I run the quest and replayed it for practice then I got a second key. Please Kabam if this is a bug take back the extra items and launch the events correctly -the Alliance season just started and this kind of traps are really stressful-. And pretty unfair for most players to pay for your errors.
  • WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84

Wzzrdd said:

It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.
    So I go to the bank and ask the teller to give me 20dollars in a sealed envelope. I get home and give it as a present to a friend there’s 40 dollars in it. That makes me a thief????
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Lormif said:

7714dtl said:

Repto23 said:

Very misleading

How is it misleading?
    I believe because the message says grind to your dark hearts content to gain lost souls and skeleton keys.

But then it goes active and where only supposed to run it once.

Once does not equal grind to your hearts content, but that is just my understanding of the English language
    who said you are supposed to only run it once? They literally stated you can run it as much as you want, there are only 2 issues
    1) it is out earlier than they stated
    2) it is dropping unlimited monster crystal shards, it should only drop it once.

The mail was clear.
    The terms of service say you can't run it more than once.

More than once is awarding extra rewards. That is called a bug. According to the terms of service exploiting a bug can get you banned. So if you run it more than once you risk a ban.
    incorrect, the TOS says you cannot exploit bugs, they stated this one you can run over and over again. The only time you are in trouble for exploiting the bug is once you realize there is a bug, which is why they set the threashold for bans for more then 2x, the first one you cannot know, the second one you didnt know until the end.
    Okay you win. 2 runs won't get you banned.

But 3 can. Cause that is such a massive difference.

Oh and 2 does not equal grind to your hearts content. Since by your own admission 3 runs can get you in trouble.
    2 runs shouldn't get you banned because you won't know it's broken after the first run. You run it again for keys and souls and see that you get shards, stop running it again. It's very simple.
    Its only simple if you memorize the message. Kabam sends out lots of messages and most people don't remember it all word for word. I shouldn't have to memorize every message they send out to know what is okay to play. And repeating getting what is probably less than a crystals worth of shards hardly seems like a big enough bug that people should instantly realize there is a problem.
    Im sorry but you are just trying to find any and every small little excuse here. It's not hard to remember "shards once a day, souls and keys all day".
    they stated in the mail if you can do it more than once. (yes you can), but there are bugs with it being out already, and that it gives shards on every run which it should not.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Woah, I did 1 run, I hope I don’t get banned man!!! I didn’t abuse the no limit.

**** honestly crazy, how Kabam mess up and post the event, and ban people for playing it
    Legiune said:

Ban for side event bug?

no one knows yet.
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 114
    Ok thank you!