**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• They need to just delay the crystal until they adjust everyone's shards to 1500. We are allowed to play multiple runs. Being early doesn't change much, I bet they get a ton of interaction because it is.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★

Hey everyone, the team is looking into resolving this as it is not intended for this quest to behave this way. I would not recommend running running it multiple times for the time being. The team is focused on getting a resolution implemented at the moment, but as soon as we have an update we will let everyone know,

What about those who did it multiple times?
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 114
    They have a problem with only announcing things like that in the forums. I rarely come here and none of my alliance does either. It should be announced in game.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Hey everyone, the team is looking into resolving this as it is not intended for this quest to behave this way. I would not recommend running running it multiple times for the time being. The team is focused on getting a resolution implemented at the moment, but as soon as we have an update we will let everyone know,

See how easy this is? Now how about an in-game mail next.
    you see what time it is? they just got into the office. Sorry they did not pull over onto the side of the road to satisfy you.
  • WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84

Wzzrdd said:

Wzzrdd said:

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

It's against the TOS, sweetheart.
    How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
    It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.
    So I go to the bank and ask the teller to give me 20dollars in a sealed envelope. I get home and give it as a present to a friend there’s 40 dollars in it. That makes me a thief????
    Well, yeah, if you don't give the bank their $20 back, it's theft.
    Ok well then how do I give back the extra 900 shards I got for opening the enveloppe
    Harry_hzy said:

If player has been banned because of kabam’s mistake, can we sue them? It is their bug and they didn’t tell anyone we only can play once

No, the TOS you agreed to says you agree not to exploit bugs.
    But unless they say so how do we know what is a bug? Every month there are bugs. I play other mobile games and very rarely are there bugs. Do they not test before they release an update?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★

Voltolos said:

@Kabam Miike so what's the word? Are we guna be banned?

NO
    Are you kabam miike?
    There was a conspiracy theory about that once but no, I just have the magic ability to read other posts saying that the screenshot talking about bans is fake
    Any ways I just had a question about the new event. Thanks all for letting me know. I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

This is player entrapment for sure. You tell us to grind with in game mail. Then post on forums that anyone who grinds will be banned.

How about you send in-game

They didn’t say they would ban anyone, what you saw a was a photoshop from a troll who hates you and wants to laugh at you.
    Well that message is getting more circulation than anything Kabam has said (if they’ve said anything), so maybe Kabam should finish their coffee and get to work on clarifying stuff.
    Idioms, I like them. A lie can travel half way around the world before the truth has a chance to even get its pants on. Seems super relevant to your take here.
    Great, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but characters to the conversation. Continue to support this nonsense.
    You’re furthering it by trying to defend the fact you fell for a troll.
    You said yourself a lot of people are falling for it. And with no official response by Kabam, how do I know you’re not trolling about that being a troll post? Do you see why an official response would help now?
    because miike has 2 (i)s, in the image it has one, and it also does not have his proper profile pic that you can look up...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/discussions/Kabam Miike
    Sorry if I haven’t memorized his name or do not confirm the full name on all posts I see online, but this does not really do anything to make me feel wrong here. They should still send an in game mail ASAP here and stop leaving people hanging.
    This guy, “Kabam should send out an in game mail every time a troll photoshops something or drama queens post on the forums.”
    Is that what I said? Pretty sure I was referring to instances like this where misinformation is being widely circulated while We are left wondering if there is a bug or not. But hey, you paint that room whatever color you want; you’re the one living in it.
    Yes you have on numerous occasions cited the fact you fell for a troll and that it warrants an immediate response from Kabam.
    So if I repeat same sentence about one instance you think that means I think that same sentence applies to every possible instance even if not the same as this one? We can just stop replying to each other now.
    When you repeatedly say that someone posted false information so Kabam should immediately send an in game mail to contradict it, yes.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Wzzrdd said:

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
    It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.

The wording suggests the quest can be run multiple times for the keys and souls, that should be fine...a second run and getting crystal shards is the minimum to know that something is wrong, and people should hold off until it gets fixed...🤦‍♂️
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I did it twice but the shards do not show up, it does cost energy, so I’m gonna just hold off until they fix it.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Wzzrdd said:

Wzzrdd said:

Wzzrdd said:

So I go to the bank and ask the teller to give me 20dollars in a sealed envelope. I get home and give it as a present to a friend there’s 40 dollars in it. That makes me a thief????
    Well, yeah, if you don't give the bank their $20 back, it's theft.
    Ok well then how do I give back the extra 900 shards I got for opening the enveloppe
    You can't. That's why Kabam gives some leeway to certain people. What action is taken against individuals is entirely up to their discretion. Since you can't give back the extra shards you got from running the quest one more time, they usually interpret that as an honest mistake, just like if you don't return the extra $20, it's usually regarded as an honest mistake and no one would really care.

However, if you exploit the quest and farm shards, even though the in-game email specifically stated that only souls and keys could be farmed, punishment would be well-deserved, just like it would be deserved if the teller gave you 1000 dollars instead of just 20.
    Mike192 said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

If player has been banned because of kabam’s mistake, can we sue them? It is their bug and they didn’t tell anyone we only can play once

What if the player doesnt know its a bug? How is he exploiting it
    There is this thing in the legal system where you should have known, because it is impossible for either side to prove what you did or did not know is a bug. Take last months event for example, anyone with an IQ over 10 should have known that unlimted 5* AGS is a bug.

In this months event we had forum messages AND an ingame message that stated that monster crystal shards would only drop on ONE run. If you run it 2 times and they drop the second then it is clearly a bug.
  • _knoxy1_knoxy1 Posts: 6
    Mike192 said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

Pretty obvious when the shards are rewarded every run when it says they’d only be given once. You’d only know after running it twice though
    Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

The wording suggests the quest can be run multiple times for the keys and souls, that should be fine...a second run and getting crystal shards is the minimum to know that something is wrong, and people should hold off until it gets fixed...🤦‍♂️
    That's why Kabam gives leeway. However, it's still exploitation regardless.
  • _knoxy1_knoxy1 Posts: 6
    _knoxy1 said:

Mike192 said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

Pretty obvious when the shards are rewarded every run when it says they’d only be given once. You’d only know after running it twice though
    *if, not sure it’s the case for everyone
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    I know 100,000+ players did it more than once because y’all added a replay button how are we supposed to know that this is a big of y’all added a replay button? People from the community add to this.
  • NOMosesNOMoses Posts: 4
    edited October 2020
    If they ban us it's unfair. I personally dont read all the messages sent to my inbox and honestly thought we could reenter the event. In 5 years I've never exploited a bug, and had no intention of doing it this time. If I'm banned, I should be able to quit and receive my thousands of dollars spent on this game. I didn't create this bug, and wasn't aware it existed until a screen shot was put in my alliance chat about the bans. This will affect not only our accounts, but the outcomes of entire war season for our alliances. I believe removing any extra items is fair, especially since I haven't cashed in on any of the rewards, but to ban people who were obviously oblivious to this situation and the consequences of kabams error in programming is beyond reproach. Kabam please find a better solution and in the future test out your new events so that this never happens again
    HI_guys said:

Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

That's why Kabam gives leeway. However, it's still exploitation regardless.
    Not necessarily. There will be those who just mindlesssly grind while doing other things.
    And that's whose fault? Not Kabam's. It's the player's fault for not realizing that they're exploiting, even though the in-game email specifically state what could and couldn't be done. Just because I walk out the store and forgot that I had put products in my pocket while walking around mindlessly doesn't mean it's not theft LMAO
    NOMoses said:

If they ban us it's unfair. I personally dont read all the messages sent to my inbox and honestly thought we could reenter the event. In 5 years I've never exploited a bug, and had no intention of doing it this time. If I'm banned, I should be able to quit and receive my thousands of dollars spent on this game. I didn't create this bug, and wasn't aware it existed until a screen shot was put in my alliance chat about the bans. This will affect not only our accounts, but the outcomes of entire war season for our alliances. I believe removing any extra items is fair, especially since I haven't cashed in on any of the rewards, but to ban people who were obviously oblivious to this situation and the consequences of kabams error in programming is beyond reproach. Kabam please find a better solution and in the future test out your new events so that this never happens again

Ignorance isn't a defense.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

i did it 4 times you guys said we can run it multiple times as we want you should limit the keys to a certain amount per difficulty and let us do it as much as that amount is ... i will be obviously very happy to get banned for such stuff

maybe even revert the full event and take everything back whereas it still is nothing but 2* shards
  • DocBDocB Posts: 150
    edited October 2020
    Oops. Should have checked the forum before I ran it twice. :-( been a busy few weeks and I haven’t been keeping up with what’s going on with the new quest/side quest. I ran one twice bc it was still open My bad. Sorry @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit et al

i did it 4 times you guys said we can run it multiple times as we want you should limit the keys to a certain amount per difficulty and let us do it as much as that amount is ... i will be obviously very happy to get banned for such stuff

maybe even revert the full event and take everything back whereas it still is nothing but 2* shards
    The problem isn't running it multiple times. That is working as intended. The problem lies in the gaining of extra crystal shards that should be available only for completion, but not in subsequent runs during that day.