**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October side quest bug or not [merged threads]

Comments

• NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61

Hey everyone, the team is looking into resolving this as it is not intended for this quest to behave this way. I would not recommend running running it multiple times for the time being. The team is focused on getting a resolution implemented at the moment, but as soon as we have an update we will let everyone know,

You tell us we can run it as many times as we want, but then tell us don’t run it more than once or we’ll get a ban. I don’t care about the extra shards, just take them back. I do want to get as many souls and keys as I can, so I’m going to run it as many times as I can. What kind of logic are you working with here?
  • Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 ★★
    NaTiSaAd said:

Hey everyone, the team is looking into resolving this as it is not intended for this quest to behave this way. I would not recommend running running it multiple times for the time being. The team is focused on getting a resolution implemented at the moment, but as soon as we have an update we will let everyone know,

You tell us we can run it as many times as we want, but then tell us don’t run it more than once or we’ll get a ban. I don’t care about the extra shards, just take them back. I do want to get as many souls and keys as I can, so I’m going to run it as many times as I can. What kind of logic are you working with here?
    I don't understand why you act like that, you know exactly what is going on.
  • PAI_MEIPAI_MEI Posts: 20
    It’s not an exploit if we didn’t benefit.

Shards can’t be exchanged for crystals. So no one benefitted. Simply put an opening cap on the soul store when it goes live. Or set everyone to 0 shards.
  • darexydarexy Posts: 5
    I played the epic fine and when I was playing the legendary, it's normal to loose a champion and restart again and keep trying until I defeated the bosses and complete the quest, I heard there's a bug so I hope it won't be counted as rerunning same path multiple times because I'm practicing how to defeat them without earning keys or shards
  • PAI_MEIPAI_MEI Posts: 20
    To everyone comparing it to last month, there’s a key difference. Kabsm didn’t message the community last month, stating the side quest was meant to be grinded multiple times. They did so this month.

And you actually pay attention to your rewards at the end of a quest? Many of us click right past that and pay it no mind.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

It's against the TOS, sweetheart.
    How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
    It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.

The wording suggests the quest can be run multiple times for the keys and souls, that should be fine...a second run and getting crystal shards is the minimum to know that something is wrong, and people should hold off until it gets fixed...🤦‍♂️
    That's why Kabam gives leeway. However, it's still exploitation regardless.
    Not necessarily. There will be those who just mindlesssly grind while doing other things.
    And that's whose fault? Not Kabam's. It's the player's fault for not realizing that they're exploiting, even though the in-game email specifically state what could and couldn't be done. Just because I walk out the store and forgot that I had put products in my pocket while walking around mindlessly doesn't mean it's not theft LMAO
    Good god. Stop with the dumb analogies.

Kabam tells me I can repeat to my " dark hearts " content. So I do it while binging Netflix or something. Not really counting the number of shards I get..

Now if you were to go into a ship and they point to a table and tell you that it's an all you can eat buffet and then try to arrest you for eating too much of one specific food that wasn't supposed to be there. Who's fault is it?
    I'm just using analogies so people who function at a lower level can get my point. The problem with your analogy is that the individual is going into the buffet with the belief that every food is fair game. There are no signs that such a food is off-limits. However, Kabam specifically stated that keys and souls are farmable, but crystal shards could only be obtained once. Any more than once is exploitation. Periodt.
    PAI_MEI said:

To everyone comparing it to last month, there’s a key difference. Kabsm didn’t message the community last month, stating the side quest was meant to be grinded multiple times. They did so this month.

And you actually pay attention to your rewards at the end of a quest? Many of us click right past that and pay it no mind.

And whose fault is that? Yours.
  • NaTiSaAdNaTiSaAd Posts: 61

NaTiSaAd said:

I don't understand why you act like that, you know exactly what is going on.
    What are you talking about? What exactly is going on? The quest is able to be run as many times as we want, so that’s what I’m going to do. If I get shards I’m not supposed to from it, Kabam can simply take them back. It’s not complicated.
    edited October 2020
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

Kabam, why impose penalty (ban and all) to players who entered that new side quest when it is your technical team who made mistake launching it with those bugs? You should reverse instead whatever rewards that any player got and subsequently withdraw that event if it was really an error! Your post of imposing ban is very unjust and you have to be better than just throwing sanctions to every player.

How is it against TOS doing it twice. It states that you can do it more then once to get souls and keys. The issue is that you don’t know that you get extra shards until you complete the quest.
    It's an exploitation of a bug for personal gain. That's against the TOS. Not knowing whether or not you're exploiting isn't a defense. Kabam can go about punishing people who ran the quest more to get the crystal shards more than once as they see fit.

The wording suggests the quest can be run multiple times for the keys and souls, that should be fine...a second run and getting crystal shards is the minimum to know that something is wrong, and people should hold off until it gets fixed...🤦‍♂️
    Not necessarily. There will be those who just mindlesssly grind while doing other things.
    And that's whose fault? Not Kabam's. It's the player's fault for not realizing that they're exploiting, even though the in-game email specifically state what could and couldn't be done. Just because I walk out the store and forgot that I had put products in my pocket while walking around mindlessly doesn't mean it's not theft LMAO
    Good god. Stop with the dumb analogies.

Kabam tells me I can repeat to my " dark hearts " content. So I do it while binging Netflix or something. Not really counting the number of shards I get..

Now if you were to go into a ship and they point to a table and tell you that it's an all you can eat buffet and then try to arrest you for eating too much of one specific food that wasn't supposed to be there. Who's fault is it?
    I'm just using analogies so people who function at a lower level can get my point. The problem with your analogy is that the individual is going into the buffet with the belief that every food is fair game. There are no signs that such a food is off-limits. However, Kabam specifically stated that keys and souls are farmable, but crystal shards could only be obtained once. Any more than once is exploitation. Periodt.
    Lower level? The fuq that supposed to mean?

And though it's hard to get the perfect analogy yours is worlds away

Is it the players fault for trysting Kabam and grinding mindlesssly?
    Yeah, it's the player's fault if they don't read carefully and pay attention to the things that they're doing. I'd say my analogies describe the situation better than your strings of incohesive thoughts. Sorry.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245

Could it be more clear please? Would those farmed shards retrieved or people get banned or what?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

Not sure how since it would take 2 runs of getting shards to notice the issue (further beyond that point would be where exploitation chatter would be valid) but whatever I guess... their game, their ****** rules
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I woke up before all these posts and saw the new side quest. I went in and completed the quest and say the Replay option.

I decided to replay just to work on my skills and saw the path looked as if I didn’t complete the path. I did think it was weird. I completed the map the second time and then looked for the listed rewards section on the champion select screen... it was not lite and would display the rewards or claim status.

It was at that point I realized it might be a big and once ran, the event was to lock. I hope I don’t get banned. I’d gladly give up the shard, key and any rewards.

Though I like the idea of being able to run the map again in order to practice at the nodes. It could help players that are not as skilled.
  • NOMosesNOMoses Posts: 4
    DarkCarll said:

If I get banned for doing the side quest twice, I will ask refund of every single coin I've ever spend in this game...

I have done this in a ticket. But I doubt they will reimburse us, even though it isnt our fault. I for one had no idea I was using a bug or exploit. Have never done this in 5 years of play. It would be unfair, insensitive, and flat out wrong to punish us and our alliances mid war season for this error in programming.

Lormif said:

Mike192 said:

Lormif said:

Harry_hzy said:

If player has been banned because of kabam’s mistake, can we sue them? It is their bug and they didn’t tell anyone we only can play once

No, the TOS you agreed to says you agree not to exploit bugs.
    What if the player doesnt know its a bug? How is he exploiting it
    There is this thing in the legal system where you should have known, because it is impossible for either side to prove what you did or did not know is a bug. Take last months event for example, anyone with an IQ over 10 should have known that unlimted 5* AGS is a bug.

In this months event we had forum messages AND an ingame message that stated that monster crystal shards would only drop on ONE run. If you run it 2 times and they drop the second then it is clearly a bug.
    The law and bugs in this buggy game are in no way related.
    But Kabam has still made it clear that ignorance of the TOS doesn't pardon you from punishment, so in a way, yes, they are related.
  • CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
    edited October 2020
    I ran the quest twice. Will I get banned??? Plz help. I am very worried.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • CulteeCultee Posts: 153
    I did it too. We better not get banned, not our fault for their mistakes. And It’s not like I’m receiving rewards like the last months bug, where people were doing the mutant island. Only thing I see is I have keys.

NOMoses said:

If they ban us it's unfair. I personally dont read all the messages sent to my inbox and honestly thought we could reenter the event. In 5 years I've never exploited a bug, and had no intention of doing it this time. If I'm banned, I should be able to quit and receive my thousands of dollars spent on this game. I didn't create this bug, and wasn't aware it existed until a screen shot was put in my alliance chat about the bans. This will affect not only our accounts, but the outcomes of entire war season for our alliances. I believe removing any extra items is fair, especially since I haven't cashed in on any of the rewards, but to ban people who were obviously oblivious to this situation and the consequences of kabams error in programming is beyond reproach. Kabam please find a better solution and in the future test out your new events so that this never happens again

Ignorance isn't a defense.
    Not looking for a defense, looking for a sensible resolution to an unintended action. If the motivation and intention was not to exploit the game, and their is no history of a summoner ever doing anything like that, there should be a more sensible solution than banning a person who was just excited that they finally made an event that could be ran unlimited amounts of times. I personally thought that the now known bug was intentional and not a bug at all, but kabam making a great side quest. I now know that to not be the case and as a reward get to look forward to being banned.
  • CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    All Kabam has to do is remove the extra shards from everyone's account since the crystals aren't even live yet and you can't even get anything with them. They wouldn't have to rollback like they did with treasure island.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    But where does it say path can only be ran once. Legendary and Epic both say 2 tiles so can you run those twice?
    Wayntos said:

But where does it say path can only be ran once. Legendary and Epic both say 2 tiles so can you run those twice?

You can run the paths multiple times. The problem is obtaining the completion rewards multiple times.
  • At the moment, it can't be an exploit for two reasons:
    1) The in-game email told us to grind as much as we want. This means that replaying the level is not against the intended use of the service.
    2) The user agreement says "exploiting glitches for personal gain" and "intentionally interfere with the operation or fair play". This has not happened. Nobody has benefitted from the rewards because the shards cannot be traded in yet. Fair play has not been affected.

Now that an admin has chimed in and said not continue grinding, then you should stop.

Best thing to do if you have run it multiple times is to not cash in the shards until this issue is resolved. That shows that you are not attempting to exploit the glitch or interfere with fair play. There is no benefit unless you actually open the crystals.
  • RonD9RonD9 Posts: 232
    There wasn’t anything saying you couldn’t run it more than once. How would you know? Unless you ran it more than twice, you couldn’t tell about anything. Sometimes I fight Goldpool (sigil) more than once even though I don’t get Gold the second time around....
    Plantesan said:

Plantesan said:

Wzzrdd said:

Not sure how since it would take 2 runs of getting shards to notice the issue (further beyond that point would be where exploitation chatter would be valid) but whatever I guess... their game, their ****** rules
    Yeah, personally I ran it until I ran out of energy and didnt use any of my multiple energy refills to do the quests again. Just figured I'd exhaust my energy since I wouldn't be running any other quests events. If I wanted to exploit and I knew I was, I would have used my energy refills and units to do it until i I couldn't any more. Its quite unfortunate that I will be punished severely for doing something I thought was intentional and not wrong at all. If I was aware that I was abusing a known issue, i would have simply quit after the first run, or waited until the fix dropped before doing it at all. I only ran the toughest difficulty, so in fact i havent even done the other difficulties where i would be in the parameters of the intentional use. Just sad that so many people unknowingly misused the game and will have to suffer consequences. For the people that knew what was going on, their should definitely be penalties, but for the ones who honestly thought they were just enjoying a great game mode, it's a sad day in mcoc. Saddest since the 12.0 nerf in my honest opinion
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125
    You are allowed to run it twice to collect the souls, you shouldn’t be banned because they gave you more rewards then intended that’s why they shut the quest down. You will be fine this isn’t an exploit if your are allowed to farm the souls.
    The exploit last month was they were running the same quest when they knew they were not supposed to run it with out keys.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,976 ★★★★

Has anyone played epic difficulty...if yes,what is the ratings of champs in it?

Yeah, it's ok. legendary is as @Nocko says 20k x 3 and a 40k boss. I did it with 2 r4's and 3 5/50's with no issue except that Emma frost boss that I used a 20% on.
  • EGM707EGM707 Posts: 1
    I have 13500 shards if I remember correctly.

1500 shards per run.

1500 x 9 run = 13500 shards.

FML

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,976 ★★★★
    EGM707 said:

I have 13500 shards if I remember correctly.

1500 shards per run.

1500 x 9 run = 13500 shards.

FML

wow thats alot. Wait what do the crystals give again??