Champion Spotlight - Mephisto [UPDATED: Oct 2 - 14:50 PT]

Comments

• So in the ability regarding aura of incineration, it says that it does 'x' damage per stack. My question is whether there is a cap on the amount of stacks you can have, and if not could you technically just continually use your sp3 on longer fights to stack aura of incineration towards infinite times.

I'm thinking LoL.

For easy reference.2aic7674jqsk.png
  • Also couldn't you continually parry to stack aura of incineration on the opponent? You technically don't even need to stun for it to work, just as long as it's well timed block.

And does the +120% mean it's guaranteed to proc on a well timed block? I don't quite understand why it would be +120% instead of +100% 4gvwqd7vgen7.png
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Chitlins wrote: »
    Also couldn't you continually parry to stack aura of incineration on the opponent? You technically don't even need to stun for it to work, just as long as it's well timed block.

And does the +120% mean it's guaranteed to proc on a well timed block? I don't quite understand why it would be +120% instead of +100% 4gvwqd7vgen7.png

The 120% refers to his sig ability. You would multiply that times the effect of his sig. in the case of your SS, he would have a 10.92% x 120% chance to trigger on a parry or a 24.024% chance to trigger on a parry.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Chitlins wrote: »
    Also couldn't you continually parry to stack aura of incineration on the opponent? You technically don't even need to stun for it to work, just as long as it's well timed block.

The 120% refers to his sig ability. You would multiply that times the effect of his sig. in the case of your SS, he would have a 10.92% x 120% chance to trigger on a parry or a 24.024% chance to trigger on a parry.

Actually this could also just mean 20% more or ~12% chance to trigger on parry
  • ImranImran Posts: 377 ★★
    immune to frostbite charge which is a passive ability!!!!! Kabam that's a no brainer decision.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 1,561 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike is vulture supposed to not absorb the incinerate damage from Mephisto?
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    1 - Does his immunity to Passive Ability Accuracy Modifications work? I ask this because ... well, Archangel still bug.

2 - What was the decision to make him immune to Frostbite? Colsnap is one thing, but being immune to a passive charge isn't. That still doesn't makes sense to me.

3 - Why is Quake good against him? Isn't he immune to ability accuracy modifications?

No answer on this ones?
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 359 ★★★
    @Anonymous2354 You're right, if the wording in the spotlight is correct then it's much less power than I originally thought. In game the wording also seems to imply that the power gain does not actually stack either, instead it is either on or off if he has any number of aura stacks.

Has anyone else noticed that the energy damage number for his aura's damage is in white? This might mean it doesn't scale based on his attack since all other damages that scale are in green text. Might be a bug but could also be Kabam trying to prevent massive attack nodes from giving him insane aura damage.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 750 ★★★
    So why do we now have a champion specifically immune to half the special effects of a single champion? I can sorta see why he would be immune, but given the way champs are made, things like that rarely make it across (Ghostrider not immune to Incinerate, for example).

So can we expect this sort of very narrow focus to become more common, or are we expecting to see more champs have Frostbite and Coldsnap?
  • just pulled him,
    5*, does he need to be awakend to be useful??
  • ApacheApache Posts: 557 ★★
    just pulled him,

Wouldn't you likely check that before pulling for him?

who cares its featured 5* pull
  • just pulled him,

of course, have checked.
    Just want to make sure sig ability is a main feature of this champ. Especially as an AW defender.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Apache wrote: »
    just pulled him,

who cares its featured 5* pull

It's definitely good luck either way, but I definitely also care if the champ needs awakened before trying for them.
  • Used Iceman against Mephisto. He somehow triggered permanent willpower, without having any debuff on him (maybe invisible coldsnap?)
    Anyway, is a bug
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Wish my Luke Cage was this cool....
  • So are all the questions in here just being deliberately ignored or is because the mods have no clue? Maybe you should put a Dev into the spotlights for the first couple of days.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 635 ★★★
    so are his passive abilities immune from modification or is his ability accuracy immune from other champs' passive ability accuracy reduction?

@Kabam Miike
  • still no answer about his Immune to Passive Ability Accuracy Modificators..

his AA can't be modified by Passive AA Modificator?
    or
    his Passive ability AA cannot be modified?
  • I think his ability accuracy can't be lower passively. Like BW or Gwenpool.
    Needs to be something like a concussion debuff. I think Neurotoxin works as well
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 635 ★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I think his ability accuracy can't be lower passively. Like BW or Gwenpool.
    Needs to be something like a concussion debuff. I think Neurotoxin works as well

he's poison immune so neurotoxin won't work.
  • Yeh right ... forgot that. Then there is that debuff from kingpin special 1
    Are crossbones' fury buffs considered active reduction or passive?

Most likely passive just like BW and GP.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 176

Good luck with that and mystic dispersion..
    gahrling wrote: »

Good luck with that and mystic dispersion..

No mystic d in event Quest, and was more of a side question anyway.

I do have a question about his regen. It shows 10% for each charge, does that mean it will scale with the node he is on in AW? Regens were changed to numeric values to combat this, want to know if Mephisto is affected.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 176
    [I do have a question about his regen. It shows 10% for each charge, does that mean it will scale with the node he is on in AW?

Apparently so, I believe this was confirmed by Seatin. Hence the popularity of having him as the AW boss.