**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can we not get rid of the level 55 requirement for cavalier difficulty

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

If I would run Kabam, I would set it to 60 and Act 4 exploration. You don't deserve cavalier by rushing through content.

You mean you couldn’t make it thru so you don’t want anyone else to have the rewards from making it before you is what it sounds like
    DNA3000 said:

You know leveling up is part of the game. Why play the game if you don’t want to do it? You don’t get a pass because you got cavalier at level 48. Grind like all of us did.

I didn’t just magically become cavelier. I did grind thru and became cavelier. I’m sure anyone on here that’s cavelier and is saying this was already lvl 55 so it didn’t affect them so they think I gotta grind Act 4 like they had did already.
    You don't have to grind Act 4. That's just a suggestion. You have to be level 55 or higher. You can do that any way you want. How fast you do that is up to you.

What you don't get to say is that the requirement shouldn't apply to you because you deserve to ignore it because of some other accomplishment. You don't get to choose your own path through the game. You don't get to decide which progression requirements you should do and which you should be able to ignore.

Maybe you think your complaint is innocuous, that what harm can it do to the game to lower the requirement. There's at least two. First, eliminating progression prerequisites devalues them. If people can ignore summoner level to achieve higher progress, it makes summoner level less important. Right now, it is more important; it is something to work towards, and for many players to aspire to. At the end of the day, this game is a bunch of arbitrary screen pixels. The game has to *invent* aspiration out of thin air. It has to invent the desire players have to get anything at all. And every time you paper cut one of those aspirations, you devalue the game in a difficult to measure individually but very real way.

Second, this is a stepping stone on the road to players not just feeling entitled to the content, but also entitled to the rewards at the end of the content. It is a *very* short drive from "I deserve to do this content" to "I deserve the rewards from that content" to "the content is too difficult and I can't get rewards I deserve to have." Once people decide the game should shape itself around their own personal situation, it becomes easy to skip all of the middlemen and just say "I play the game, I spend my time and money, I deserve whatever I think I deserve."

And honestly, the end of this road is incredibly annoying to many players of the game, so much so that unless it is extremely well deserved complaints of the form "I deserve X so the game should change so I get X" tend to be reacted to like they are a disease. They are going to assume, with some justification, that if you're willing to complain you deserve access to Cavalier content without doing the prerequisites today, you'll just become one of those people who say "I'm Cavalier and yet I can't complete Cavalier content so the content is broken and should be dialed down" tomorrow. If you aren't one of those players, then prove it by expending the relatively trivial amount of effort it takes to level from 48 to 55.
    Tell me how my level in the game has anything to do with the difficulty of content I can clear? It doesn’t at all. It’s just random xp points you get for clearing content. No skill no needed champs nothing. So why should it prevent me from doing content that I can clear?
    And I don’t complain about content being to hard. If I can’t do it I don’t.
    Well I mean you can theoretically clear content at level one with low level champions.

Your level equates to talent points which equates to power, which equates to probability of being able to complete the content. If you do or dont complain we dont know.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★

The bottom line is, Legendary and Cavalier respectively, are the highest level of content. Both in EQ and SQ. It's not unreasonable to me that both should require Level 60, which is the easiest thing to do. It just takes time and effort. Let alone 55. The bar was already moved.

Are you cavalier?
    Lormif said:

If I would run Kabam, I would set it to 60 and Act 4 exploration. You don't deserve cavalier by rushing through content.

You mean you couldn’t make it thru so you don’t want anyone else to have the rewards from making it before you is what it sounds like
    DNA3000 said:

You know leveling up is part of the game. Why play the game if you don’t want to do it? You don’t get a pass because you got cavalier at level 48. Grind like all of us did.

I didn’t just magically become cavelier. I did grind thru and became cavelier. I’m sure anyone on here that’s cavelier and is saying this was already lvl 55 so it didn’t affect them so they think I gotta grind Act 4 like they had did already.
    You don't have to grind Act 4. That's just a suggestion. You have to be level 55 or higher. You can do that any way you want. How fast you do that is up to you.

What you don't get to say is that the requirement shouldn't apply to you because you deserve to ignore it because of some other accomplishment. You don't get to choose your own path through the game. You don't get to decide which progression requirements you should do and which you should be able to ignore.

Maybe you think your complaint is innocuous, that what harm can it do to the game to lower the requirement. There's at least two. First, eliminating progression prerequisites devalues them. If people can ignore summoner level to achieve higher progress, it makes summoner level less important. Right now, it is more important; it is something to work towards, and for many players to aspire to. At the end of the day, this game is a bunch of arbitrary screen pixels. The game has to *invent* aspiration out of thin air. It has to invent the desire players have to get anything at all. And every time you paper cut one of those aspirations, you devalue the game in a difficult to measure individually but very real way.

Second, this is a stepping stone on the road to players not just feeling entitled to the content, but also entitled to the rewards at the end of the content. It is a *very* short drive from "I deserve to do this content" to "I deserve the rewards from that content" to "the content is too difficult and I can't get rewards I deserve to have." Once people decide the game should shape itself around their own personal situation, it becomes easy to skip all of the middlemen and just say "I play the game, I spend my time and money, I deserve whatever I think I deserve."

And honestly, the end of this road is incredibly annoying to many players of the game, so much so that unless it is extremely well deserved complaints of the form "I deserve X so the game should change so I get X" tend to be reacted to like they are a disease. They are going to assume, with some justification, that if you're willing to complain you deserve access to Cavalier content without doing the prerequisites today, you'll just become one of those people who say "I'm Cavalier and yet I can't complete Cavalier content so the content is broken and should be dialed down" tomorrow. If you aren't one of those players, then prove it by expending the relatively trivial amount of effort it takes to level from 48 to 55.
    Tell me how my level in the game has anything to do with the difficulty of content I can clear? It doesn’t at all. It’s just random xp points you get for clearing content. No skill no needed champs nothing. So why should it prevent me from doing content that I can clear?
    Well I mean you can theoretically clear content at level one with low level champions.

Your level equates to talent points which equates to power, which equates to probability of being able to complete the content. If you do or dont complain we dont know.
    Your level has nothing to do with talent. It’s just how many fights and quests you’ve completed.

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Your level has nothing to do with talent. It’s just how many fights and quests you’ve completed.
    you get a talent point (mastery point) every level..... Sure it has little to do with skill, but those points are important, and you asked how they were related.
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    Lormif said:

Lobster44 said:

When you set a difficulty for a progression point shown by a title, locking people who have the title from entering it is stupid. I'm UC and was getting a bunch of stuff from mutant island legendary that was far better than the current set of rewards that OP is being excluded from for being at the progression point the rewards are aimed at too fast. Essentially, he's being penalised for being good. The whole purpose behind these gates is really strange to me, if it's too hard then the gate is unneccesary and if it isn't too hard for people who are lower to get rewards they shouldn't have yet, just make the content harder. And at least be consistent with this BS so players who aren't as far on know where they stand with what difficulties they're actually allowed in.

How does that make sense? How does allowing people to go into content too difficult than they can handle and spend resources, then complain on the forums that the content was too hard and needs to be nerfed make sense?
    From Kabam's point of view, this would be good as people are spending. From the player's point of view, this is good as they get to access more content. Also, who's saying legendary is too hard for pre cav/lv55 players anyway? I managed quite a bit of legendary and I only recently got UC, with the only thing I spent any resources on being the wolvie x boss (and even then it was only about 5 revives over 3 fights, the rest of the bosses were not an issue). My point is people who can manage the difficulty as they're at the progression point it's designed for are being locked out because of a pointless number that only affects how many mastery points you have (which, for a f2p at that kind of stage isn't that important since you probably don't have the units to have all the points in the good masteries anyway). The gates should be tied to the title they were designed for, not arbitrary levels that don't really indicate anything. Also, I wouldn't complain if I was locked out of legendary bc it was deemed for cavs, bc that makes sense, but locking cavs out bc they haven't grinded enough other content is just stupid.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    This is the problem with things like side quests and the glory store giving new players so much access to higher rarity and rank champs these days. They completely skip over most of the early game and don't even bother doing things like finishing off their mastery setups. The amount of newer players I've spoken with that have absolutely atrocious masteries is shocking.

Players should stopping trying to skip ahead as fast as possible and start thinking about whether they should do something just because they can.
    Lobster44 said:

Lormif said:

Lobster44 said:

When you set a difficulty for a progression point shown by a title, locking people who have the title from entering it is stupid. I'm UC and was getting a bunch of stuff from mutant island legendary that was far better than the current set of rewards that OP is being excluded from for being at the progression point the rewards are aimed at too fast. Essentially, he's being penalised for being good. The whole purpose behind these gates is really strange to me, if it's too hard then the gate is unneccesary and if it isn't too hard for people who are lower to get rewards they shouldn't have yet, just make the content harder. And at least be consistent with this BS so players who aren't as far on know where they stand with what difficulties they're actually allowed in.

How does that make sense? How does allowing people to go into content too difficult than they can handle and spend resources, then complain on the forums that the content was too hard and needs to be nerfed make sense?
    From Kabam's point of view, this would be good as people are spending. From the player's point of view, this is good as they get to access more content. Also, who's saying legendary is too hard for pre cav/lv55 players anyway? I managed quite a bit of legendary and I only recently got UC, with the only thing I spent any resources on being the wolvie x boss (and even then it was only about 5 revives over 3 fights, the rest of the bosses were not an issue). My point is people who can manage the difficulty as they're at the progression point it's designed for are being locked out because of a pointless number that only affects how many mastery points you have (which, for a f2p at that kind of stage isn't that important since you probably don't have the units to have all the points in the good masteries anyway). The gates should be tied to the title they were designed for, not arbitrary levels that don't really indicate anything. Also, I wouldn't complain if I was locked out of legendary bc it was deemed for cavs, bc that makes sense, but locking cavs out bc they haven't grinded enough other content is just stupid.
    No, it really would not. There is a cost to support these players and it is greater than the money they receive. If YOU or the OP can or not does not represent the average player. this is his mini. The people who are locked out because of progression limits is a very small portion of the playerbase.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

The bottom line is, Legendary and Cavalier respectively, are the highest level of content. Both in EQ and SQ. It's not unreasonable to me that both should require Level 60, which is the easiest thing to do. It just takes time and effort. Let alone 55. The bar was already moved.

Are you cavalier?
    Yes.
    I was also Level 60 a long time ago.
    edited October 2020

I’m cavalier and have been thru 6.2 also at level 48. Just because I didn’t wanna explore Act 4 first and level up I shouldnt be getting punished.

Explore act 5 mate I myself am doing it as I am also not lvl 55
    I started it yesterday but at this level you can’t even get a full path done with full energy. So unless I wanna spend countless units on energy refills it’s gonna take awhile for lvl 55
    then you'd better start soon.

you're a big shot in your mind, elders bane should get you to 55 in no time. if you plan on r2ing any of those 6 stars, best be rolling up them sleeves and stop cutting in line.

no Big Kahuna or even totally Rad either?
    Where did I say I’m a big shot or anything. I simply stated I should have access to the side event because I completed the difficulty needed to access it. Pretty simple. And I need 1.5 t5 an I could rank 2 one of my 6*. So really wouldn’t b hard.
    And how an I cutting in line? Because I was able to get cavelier at lvl46. If you have the champs an the skill to complete it why wouldn’t you.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Your summoner level doesn't tell me anything about your skill level. But your need to have the game be customized to your wants and preferences tells me everything about your temperament as a player.

I explained it once, I'll do it again. There's different avenues of progress in the game. Summoner level is one of them. Maybe you think it is a worthless progress meter, but it is there. You acknowledge it, you deal with it, or you go find another game that is a better test of "skill." Personally, I think game play discipline is a skill. And if we judge that skill like we do every other skill: the fewer people who can do it the harder it is, then game play discipline is one of the hardest skills a player can develop. It appears to be one you currently lack.
    edited October 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Your summoner level doesn't tell me anything about your skill level. But your need to have the game be customized to your wants and preferences tells me everything about your temperament as a player.

I explained it once, I'll do it again. There's different avenues of progress in the game. Summoner level is one of them. Maybe you think it is a worthless progress meter, but it is there. You acknowledge it, you deal with it, or you go find another game that is a better test of "skill." Personally, I think game play discipline is a skill. And if we judge that skill like we do every other skill: the fewer people who can do it the harder it is, then game play discipline is one of the hardest skills a player can develop. It appears to be one you currently lack.
    No I just want consistency. How can you let me into cavelier main quest but not the side quest. Especially when it was stated earlier there has been ones tht had the lvl55 gate an some that haven’t. My progress is being limited because rewards that I could earn are being restricted because I didn’t do easier content because I haven’t had time to grind and haven’t wanted to for worthless material for my needs. I would have another 6* this month if it wasn’t for the gate.
    And I’m sure if you weren’t already level 60 when u hit cavelier you’d have the same issue I do. But bc you were level 60 it didn’t even affect you.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    go play barbie dude
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Working on act 4 exploration now for Levels and Mastery points (super useful) you seem be a bit like me where your not really a serious grinder and so are a pretty low level and still have cavalier. But like everyone said definitely work on act 4 those mastery points will come in clutch
    Aztec said:

go play barbie dude

Wow aren’t you a tough guy
    Tiger360 said:

Working on act 4 exploration now for Levels and Mastery points (super useful) you seem be a bit like me where your not really a serious grinder and so are a pretty low level and still have cavalier. But like everyone said definitely work on act 4 those mastery points will come in clutch

And yeah this is a mini so I dnt grind on this account. I’ve barely been playing game lately but saw rewards an was like I can get an easy 6* just to be gated out for no reason.

Aztec said:

go play barbie dude

Tiger360 said:

And yeah this is a mini so I dnt grind on this account. I’ve barely been playing game lately but saw rewards an was like I can get an easy 6* just to be gated out for no reason.
    Play it on your Main.

Aztec said:

go play barbie dude

Tiger360 said:

Play it on your Main.
    I plan on it but I expected new 6* for both accounts.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Also I can play the limbo event and earn the keys for the legendary event which I did. But can’t go into second part of event to use key.
  • SpiderVenomSpiderVenom Posts: 34

Uh no. You'd struggle for sure. The level cap is there for a reason. Explore act 4. Tons of XP there.
    i'm sure you are being sarcastic
    dude like i have act 5 completion i did legendary mutant treasure island like it was a breeze i have been doing uncollected for a few months now and just because i'm level 53 i cannot play legendary mephisto's hades invasions
    what does that even mean?????
    i lost all interest for this month's side quest
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

This is what happens when we have a "God Tier List", and Champs that are so OP that people go through content before they develop.

I was using 4* at r3 an r4 to become UC.
    That doesn’t really put you in a super elite club.
    Many people did it with those sorts of rosters back when it released.
    Just those people aren’t also complaining that being asked to be level 55 is too much hard work.
    my roster look at it and tell me can i not do legendary difficulty side quest
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s a pretty undeveloped roster tbh...

This is what happens when we have a "God Tier List", and Champs that are so OP that people go through content before they develop.

I was using 4* at r3 an r4 to become UC.
    That doesn’t really put you in a super elite club.
    Many people did it with those sorts of rosters back when it released.
    Just those people aren’t also complaining that being asked to be level 55 is too much hard work.
    I didn’t say it did. And those ppl back in the day all have lvl 60 accounts an this never affected them either.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Dude it really doesn't take that much effort to get to level 55. I have a mini account I started like 5 months ago and it is already level 54. And I haven't even done my initial completion for act 5. Just through chapter to get uncollected. All you literally have to do is throw an XP boost on whenever you plan to do quests. Not that hard.

Dude it really doesn't take that much effort to get to level 55. I have a mini account I started like 5 months ago and it is already level 54. And I haven't even done my initial completion for act 5. Just through chapter to get uncollected. All you literally have to do is throw an XP boost on whenever you plan to do quests. Not that hard.

Sounds like you spend too much time on this game if your lvl 54 in 6 months. I dnt grind on either account so yes it would be a pain for me.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

Sounds like you spend too much time on this game if your lvl 54 in 6 months. I dnt grind on either account so yes it would be a pain for me.
    Well I hate to break it to ya buddy. But just like any other game that has ever existed. You get out what you put into it.