**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AI Observations Since The Last Update

HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
Let's share our [legit] observations so that others may also learn from the info, or at least confirm/compare theirs.

As for me:

Arena AI
• Throws specials even when you're blocking. If you're in a highly reactive state, you might accidentally intercept the first part of an opponent's special. Happens to me from time to time.
• They sometimes have 'defensive phases' where they just constantly block for about 5-10 seconds. I just hit into their block if I can.
• They also sometimes have highly aggressive phases where they just run into you constantly and use heavies that even surpass AI that have the Aggressive node.

Side note: Parrying them has never been the same since the previous update. They always seem to change the timing of their attacks. Either that or the timing for well-timed blocks was tweaked. I can still pary, but not as consistently as I used to.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    You should see the grandmaster nowadays. He just LOVES his light intercepts and special 2!
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

You should see the grandmaster nowadays. He just LOVES his light intercepts and special 2!

I'm actually sitting on 6.4.6 while saving revives from solo quests and farming units. Must be something to look forward to....NOT! 😆
    Hieitaku said:

Kill_Grey said:

I'm actually sitting on 6.4.6 while saving revives from solo quests and farming units. Must be something to look forward to....NOT! 😆
    I wish you the best of luck, you'll seriously need it. Have at least 800 units saved depending on the number of revives you have. Just did it some hours ago, and it was a sh*tshow because of the plenty issue flying around.
    I miss the 'mindless grind' style of arena. You just parry into full combo 2 or 3 times and the fight's over. Nowadays, you have to pay more attention to the fight if you don' want to risk losing it and possibly losing your streak.

The volume of fights to get the milestones is already a lot. And now the fights take longer and require a bit more concentration - or, in other words, result to more gameplay fatigue.
    Hieitaku said:

I miss the 'mindless grind' style of arena. You just parry into full combo 2 or 3 times and the fight's over. Nowadays, you have to pay more attention to the fight if you don' want to risk losing it and possibly losing your streak.

The volume of fights to get the milestones is already a lot. And now the fights take longer and require a bit more concentration - or, in other words, result to more gameplay fatigue.

Lol, I'm dropping arena for a long time probably. I decided to turn off Suicides in the meantime, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna put them back on. Arena I find is sluggish asf without them.
    edited October 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Hieitaku said:

Kill_Grey said:

I wish you the best of luck, you'll seriously need it. Have at least 800 units saved depending on the number of revives you have. Just did it some hours ago, and it was a sh*tshow because of the plenty issue flying around.
    Thanks! I'm also intentionally delaying it to get more frags of the t5cc I need. I wouldn't want to be sitting under 10% away and then every succeeding crystal I pull miraculously never gives me the frags to complete it. #RNG
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Hieitaku said:

Kill_Grey said:

actually you dont really need that much units saved up. if you cant be stuffed farming units from arena (like me) just continuously practice against the grandmaster until you have a good run and then push through with it. cost me 2 revives and a few energy refills that way. that being said, his AI actually sucks rn. hes so passive and barely threw his sp1. i had to take two sp2s into the block which sucked.
    Kill_Grey said:

Hieitaku said:

Lol, I'm dropping arena for a long time probably. I decided to turn off Suicides in the meantime, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna put them back on. Arena I find is sluggish asf without them.
    ^One of the biggest reasons why I've never been off of suicides since I unlocked them.
    Also, I've seen the AI attempt doing a full combo into special attack multiple times. So awesome. 😂

Kill_Grey said:

Hieitaku said:

Kill_Grey said:

actually you dont really need that much units saved up. if you cant be stuffed farming units from arena (like me) just continuously practice against the grandmaster until you have a good run and then push through with it. cost me 2 revives and a few energy refills that way. that being said, his AI actually sucks rn. hes so passive and barely threw his sp1. i had to take two sp2s into the block which sucked.
    Yeah, I didn't practice beforehand either way. Lag was really the enemy in that fight.

I also wish I had someone like corvus to blast through the phases. I took out "opportunistic ruleset" so his wounded phase was shorter as well.
    Hieitaku said:

Kill_Grey said:

Hieitaku said:

^One of the biggest reasons why I've never been off of suicides since I unlocked them.
    Lol, I'll most likely turn them back on after season