**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If Ghost and Quake were released today, how would the community perceive them?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I think they would see Ghost as really powerful but Quake not so much. They would think that since Quake has very basic abilities then she is just an AAR champ with not much damage, but ofc that is not the case. I just feel like she'd be brushed aside. Ghost, on the other hand, I think would be widely perceived as insanely powerful right away.

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Don't you mean "how would the community 'receive' them?"
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

No, perceive is the correct verbiage.

Oh, I see
    Lol
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★

Mcdonalds said:

It took a while, but Quake eventually became a go-to champion. I have her as a 5*, but I can't play her, so for now she's sitting in a corner, but soon, VERY SOON she will see light

Once you learn how to play her, you will be unstoppable.
    She lives up to the hype. I put off learning her for a long time, but after dedicating 15-30 minutes per day for a couple weeks to learning her I feel like I reached a new level of proficiency within the game. Learning Quake is really a milestone for any player.
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Just like they were when they first came out.
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Caino1023 said:

I think they would see Ghost as really powerful but Quake not so much. They would think that since Quake has very basic abilities then she is just an AAR champ with not much damage, but ofc that is not the case. I just feel like she'd be brushed aside. Ghost, on the other hand, I think would be widely perceived as insanely powerful right away.

Why would it be different now? They still both have amazing utility, insane damage, and just as relevant as ever.

A better champ to ask this question about might be Blade, Starky, who have lost some status and utility that they once had.
    Nah man, there were multiple and I mean multiple who slept on quake when she first came out. Go to older forums post and you'll see people Get disagrees even though they were right
    Really? I've only been playing a year and half. I honestly wasn't there for either release.
    People slept on Quake??? Maybe I missed the point of this. I thought the OP was saying that people wouldn't like them as much now as they would at release. If it's the opposite then I agree.

It would be like Doom's release. When he was first released people were pissing and moaning about how he should be beyond god tier - and then they figured out his rotation and use.
  • No, perceive is the correct verbiage.

Though I would be happy to receive Quake
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

Caino1023 said:

Why would it be different now? They still both have amazing utility, insane damage, and just as relevant as ever.

A better champ to ask this question about might be Blade, Starky, who have lost some status and utility that they once had.
    Nah man, there were multiple and I mean multiple who slept on quake when she first came out. Go to older forums post and you'll see people Get disagrees even though they were right
    He's not saying somebody would sleep on her. He's saying the reactions would be same as when they came out snd slowly the reactiins would change as they did back in the day. since the still have utility and very much in the meta.

Now the others like blade who were god tier back ghen their reactions would change a lot
    Still think blade would have had a great impact not as strong as aegon and nick just a bit lower where he is currently anyway
    Actually, since you put it that way, you are right. Jesus, Blade would be inferior
    I wonder if blade would be inferior? If blade had never been released the game would be massively different today, since so much of what was done and released following blade was designed to counter him or reduce his impact on the game. If that work had never been done, wouldn’t he still be a major impact?
    I think the game would still have nodes that would counter him, as people would need something somewhat different. He definitely would be less valuable, as very few champions who are difficult are not dimensional beings, and also that synergy team he had would not really counter a humongous amount of mechanics in the game (starky and old GR). It would be a lot less tempting to bring that synergy team to per say, aw and AQ. Still amazing tho
    I guess it’s hard to argue counterfactual‘s, ie the things that didn’t happen because of his existence. It’s worth noting that GR is the first dimensional being they’ve even added since blade was created. And they avoided mystic champions for a very long time after his addition. They even avoided the villain tag for a long time, with several villains being added to that never got the tag. Maybe we can’t say that he would be just as impactful in terms of influence on the game if added now, but we can certainly say that there are few other Champions that have done as much of more to force the evolution of the game.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Someone would watch the deep dive and say she’s a dud.

I wonder who that would be. 👀
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think both would be like what some said above. for quake, I think people will see her value more quickly and how she can do a lot, but over time, they will see even more value and hard fights countered by her. I think ghost will take longer to realize the value of her and people will slowly see it
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Ghost would be very much the same as her release went

Quake would depend on how long it took people to figure out how to play her. First party method, then dex method, then heavy only method

And for all the newbies in here, Quake was the most underrated champion in the history of the game. For context, Seatin had her in Demi god until 2018 or 2019. She only broke when Dave made his first video on her
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

It took a while, but Quake eventually became a go-to champion. I have her as a 5*, but I can't play her, so for now she's sitting in a corner, but soon, VERY SOON she will see light

she still will be in a corner once you play her lolol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I would perceive them the same as I always have, quake was awesome to me yearssss ago and ghost I could careless about her
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ghost would initially be received as meh, then someone would figure her out a few hours after and she would be recognised as op very soon after (basically identical to before)

Quake would be similar, just with a longer time for people to learn her
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Man, you sure do love to stack disagrees.