**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I hit a death match at 25, which seems weird. Luckily I won. Something definitely changed since yesterday.

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    At this point it’s basically like you gave us broccoli! Yes some of will try it, eat it and maybe come to like it but there are those who will just cry at the sight of it each time arena is served.
  • Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52

Just to give some context to what these changes are, and why there has been an impact on the Infinite Streak:

Previously, when. you got higher in your streak, the Arena was trying to match you with a team that was at 4x your team's PI. Once you cross a certain threshold, there aren't any teams that high, so the system defaults to a fake team/something very low. To be very clear, this was an unintentional bug, and we've told players that in the past. We left it in-game for a long time because it's something that players are very used to.

What we changed is that the max PI of the opposite team should only be 2x. It definitely killed the formula players have known, and we understand that. We're looking at what else we can do to alleviate this situation.

It may not mean a total revert, but we're still open to that after we see more data and information from more players. There are other solutions, and we're going to look into it. Please keep your responses and opinions constructive in this thread.

but why this change? The only thing we asked was that the AI ​​be more aggressive in its super attacks, we do not ask for stronger or weaker confrontations, and if they want to make this change and limit to confrontations of a maximum 2x of our pi, because better they only lower the range to 1 , 5x or 1.3x which would be more accessible teams and not death teams
    This change is not just about those of you that have been here for years, and know the formulas and everything else about the game inside and out. When a new player joins, they don't have that information, and don't understand why they're being hit with Death Matches. In that spirit, the increase in the PI of opponents makes sense... But it's obviously making it a less enjoyable experience for the veterans, which is not the desire.
    In that you are absolutely right, but as I mentioned, why not better instead of matching 2x as maximum pi to leave it at 1.5x or 1.3x which does not harm so much, neither to new applicants nor to us who are looking for the arena mode as an effective and easy-to-do farming spot
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Why are everyone's comments getting deleted? Players are trying to discuss this issue and its impact on our experience.

The posts being deleted are not at all constructive. It’s okay to be emotional here but it’s not ok to hurl insults and threats.

• HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

Just to give some context to what these changes are, and why there has been an impact on the Infinite Streak:

Previously, when. you got higher in your streak, the Arena was trying to match you with a team that was at 4x your team's PI. Once you cross a certain threshold, there aren't any teams that high, so the system defaults to a fake team/something very low. To be very clear, this was an unintentional bug, and we've told players that in the past. We left it in-game for a long time because it's something that players are very used to.

What we changed is that the max PI of the opposite team should only be 2x. It definitely killed the formula players have known, and we understand that. We're looking at what else we can do to alleviate this situation.

It may not mean a total revert, but we're still open to that after we see more data and information from more players. There are other solutions, and we're going to look into it. Please keep your responses and opinions constructive in this thread.

but why this change? The only thing we asked was that the AI ​​be more aggressive in its super attacks, we do not ask for stronger or weaker confrontations, and if they want to make this change and limit to confrontations of a maximum 2x of our pi, because better they only lower the range to 1 , 5x or 1.3x which would be more accessible teams and not death teams
    This change is not just about those of you that have been here for years, and know the formulas and everything else about the game inside and out. When a new player joins, they don't have that information, and don't understand why they're being hit with Death Matches. In that spirit, the increase in the PI of opponents makes sense... But it's obviously making it a less enjoyable experience for the veterans, which is not the desire.
    This is a bigger problem in the 5 Star Featured than the 4 Star.

Here is my proposal.

If you are using a team over 20,000, you shouldn't be matched any higher than your opponent. This is genuinely Rank 4 Level 55, or even Rank 3 Level 45 with Suicides. Because 2x that is basically 6 Star Rank 3, or 5 Star Rank 65. In the old 5 Star Featured Arena, if you ran a 15,000 PI team, against Rank 3 Level 45, a Rank 2 Level 35, or a Rank 1 Level 25, you were safe.

In this new Arena setup, you are PUNISHED for using Rank 4's, Rank 5's, and 6 Stars at all.

In order for me to win matches, or have a chance, instead of running my Rank 5 Level 50 4 Stars, which would prompt me to fight Rank 5 Level 65, 5 Stars, I use a Rank 5, with 2 Rank 3's, the OLD way of running the 4 Star Featured, and while I would fight opponents around 20,000, it's far better than fighting 40,000 PI opponents.

Now for the Rank 4's in the 4 Star Featured, you probably just use Rank 5's, but in the 5 Star Arena, you'd fight Rank 3 6 Stars, which is annoying and unneccessary.

I don't think the problem is the middle of the game, the problem is the people with developed rosters getting 6 Star Rank 3's. Do you really find THIS scenario of Arena to be fun?

Get to 5 Wins using 4 Stars
    Run all of your 5 Stars to 15 Wins
    Lose on purpose with 4 Stars
    Run another 30 5 Stars to 15 Wins
    Run another batch of 5 Stars to 15 Wins

Repeat up to 4 more times.
    So essentially to avoid this, you have to do an EXTRA 5 matches every 30-45 minutes.

(The last part was left out)
    McFrenkie said:

Well no tangents for BG's on his stream tonight, because he'll need his focus doing arena.

I've been running Arena since 1. So you can see some of what I am dealing with too.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    I dunno what the big deal is.. I love it so far.. it also makes it harder for bots
    As I have said, outside of using maxed out 4 stars, and 5 stars above Rank 3 in the 4 star featured arena, seems ok. Have not tested lower ranks at high wins but this is manageable.
    edited October 2020

As I have said, outside of using maxed out 4 stars, and 5 stars above Rank 3 in the 4 star featured arena, seems ok. Have not tested lower ranks at high wins but this is manageable.

As screenshots have proved, this is far more punishing in the 5 Star Featured Arena. Logic still shows sandbagging is your best friend, however, would that actually work with 5/65 5 stars, and 1/25 6 stars?
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike issue seems only be in 5* featured....as 4* featured what you guys intend is actually what’s coming thru
    Yes, gotta play smart.