**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Is spending time punching up two ranks as good as what we had yesterday on the “infinite streak” and fun? No not really.

However people cannot say this does not benefit some players (possibly even a huge pool of players). Previously after the “infinite streak” players would need to meet minimum team requirements or face teams 5x their teams strength (that’s an actual death match). But now they are punching up with the same gap as everyone else with whichever team they choose to run. You simply cannot argue that doing such a thing is not beneficial to some people.

People are also missing out that as higher rank champions enter the arenas (future rank 4 6*s) much of their safe teams were going away under the old system anyways. Is there a better way than now? Maybe, probably. But hopefully these are baby steps.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    Here is an interesting one in the 4 star featured. An infinite streak style opponent.

• DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    @HollywoodShono - Based on a lot of testing and quickly getting to "streak" in most of the arenas, I've noticed a handful of things are very obviously prevalent.
    • Any arena not containing 6*'s works fine. In fact - it's better, in some ways. I tested out a team of 1/25's in the 4* Featured arena, and didn't get a death match, and that was pretty damn cool, not gonna lie.
    • Mix and match teams are a HORRIBLE IDEA right now - don't do it. Use similarly ranked champions for every fight and arena gets much much MUCH less painful. I did a 4/55 with two 1/25's and wanted to throw my phone the fights took so long.
    • The 5* arena is not in a pleasant place, and it's because of 6* champions allowing for much higher PI matches hitting that "not a death match but still a death match" mark.. :neutral:
    I know they're looking into it, but if you want to make your grinding less painful until they put out a fix, this stuff'll help.
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

@HollywoodShono - Based on a lot of testing and quickly getting to "streak" in most of the arenas, I've noticed a handful of things are very obviously prevalent.

• Any arena not containing 6*'s works fine. In fact - it's better, in some ways. I tested out a team of 1/25's in the 4* Featured arena, and didn't get a death match, and that was pretty damn cool, not gonna lie.
    • Mix and match teams are a HORRIBLE IDEA right now - don't do it. Use similarly ranked champions for every fight and arena gets much much MUCH less painful. I did a 4/55 with two 1/25's and wanted to throw my phone the fights took so long.
    • The 5* arena is not in a pleasant place, and it's because of 6* champions allowing for much higher PI matches hitting that "not a death match but still a death match" mark.. :neutral:
    I know they're looking into it, but if you want to make your grinding less painful until they put out a fix, this stuff'll help.
    have you tried it after obtaining a 20+ streak. The first 20 fights are perfect but after that you cant use a team of 3/45s without getting deathmatched
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

I’ve faced this exact team in arena 13 times already. I’ve gone through 25 matches. You adjusted the AI sure, but now I’m getting stuck constantly playing the same team, and it’s really just not been fun. I liked arena and the simplicity of it, but now it’s ridiculously repetitive.

As another update to the new fun and exciting arena, these were my next 3 fights......
  • KizerSosaKizerSosa Posts: 9
    HollywoodShono was exactly right.
    Dead on. Well put. Could Drive out longtime regulars for sure
    edited October 2020

I don't mix and match above Rank 3 Level 45, and Rank 5 Level 50, 4 Stars.

For my 5 Stars, I run Rank 3's with Rank 1's, Rank 2's seem ok together.
    For my 4/55 5 Stars(I only have three), I run them together, I DO NOT use them with Rank 1's)
    For my 4 Stars, I run Rank 5's with Rank 3's

Currently at a 65 streak. I'm also using Suicides so that helps a bit. Streaming currently if you're curious about data on my end. Great info though, I plan on making a video with my experiences in the 4 Star Featured. The 4 Star Basic didn't seem as bad though.

If you have screenshots using Rank 5, 4 Stars, Rank 4, 4 Stars, please share. I've been sandbagging because most of my Rank 5's are S/SS+ with Rank 3's, get 1 match around the Rank 5, and the other two are almost double but doable since they aren't "Deathmatch 2020"
    KizerSosa said:

Thank you for the support. It seems like the bulk of the problems are in the 5 Star Featured. The 4 isn't as bad, plus, it's GREAT practice for fighting similiar opponents in Act 5/6/Uncollected/Cavalier.
    Hieitaku said:

Just honest talk, it's a bit unfortunate that some of the most influencial youtubers and content creators *ehem* don't care much about this type of content, else Kabam would be taking the legit negative feedback more seriously

I was checking for KatyCandy/RichTheMan to test out the arena for themselves, but seems like they weren't bothered by it. Will be curious to see BrianGrant's reaction, will have to hop in his stream at 1am. Hoping to be over 5 million in the 4 star featured by then.

One upside to these harder opponents, even more points!
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    I have yet to see a screenshot of a "Deathmatch".. deathmatches were 3 to 4 times the PI...

KizerSosa said:

Thank you for the support. It seems like the bulk of the problems are in the 5 Star Featured. The 4 isn't as bad, plus, it's GREAT practice for fighting similiar opponents in Act 5/6/Uncollected/Cavalier.
    I’m super curious how the two arenas are any different? You’re punching up two ranks in either unless you are running teams at max rank or one below max rank. In the 5 star that’s rank 5+ 5*s and in the 4* that’s rank 4+ 5 stars.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Roccohr said:

The "Infinite Streak" is not a feature of the game, but rather the result of the requirements/calculations for finding matches. It is always changing and will continue to do so as more and more players have access to higher ranked Champions.

This change is not made only for those that are "in the know" about the Infinite Streak. We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

You’re kidding right?! It’s ridiculous to have to fight r5 5* with r5 4* and r3 5* over and over against. Whoever was in charge of this change is an incompetente employee, I mean why ruin arenas for everyone?

Hieitaku said:

Just honest talk, it's a bit unfortunate that some of the most influencial youtubers and content creators *ehem* don't care much about this type of content, else Kabam would be taking the legit negative feedback more seriously

I was checking for KatyCandy/RichTheMan to test out the arena for themselves, but seems like they weren't bothered by it. Will be curious to see BrianGrant's reaction, will have to hop in his stream at 1am. Hoping to be over 5 million in the 4 star featured by then.

One upside to these harder opponents, even more points!
    Check the Proff Hoff video

KizerSosa said:

I’m super curious how the two arenas are any different? You’re punching up two ranks in either unless you are running teams at max rank or one below max rank. In the 5 star that’s rank 5+ 5*s and in the 4* that’s rank 4+ 5 stars.
    Seems correct

• DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

have you tried it after obtaining a 20+ streak. The first 20 fights are perfect but after that you cant use a team of 3/45s without getting deathmatched

Of course I have - that's specifically why I made the statement I did. I'm currently up 40+ in my streak and the only reason I'm not higher is I'm testing multiple arenas at once. They're looking into the problem, and potentially they're going to make adjustments, I'm just trying to make that interim period a little bit less painful for everyone.

Those fights you mention though, they're not death matches. They're hard, they're annoyingly difficult and yes, it is HORRIBLE when you take in three R1 6*'s and get three R3 6* champions. Yes to all of those things. But as annoyingly hard as those are, they aren't death matches. Death matches were fights specifically triggered by not using a high enough PI after you'd hit infinite streak and were 3-4x higher in PI than your team.

I want to see them keep the changes they made to the arenas - as someone who does 5* featured grinds, being able to run my whole 5* roster without the nightmare of making combo teams above a certain threshold is a gift that keeps on giving and I really, really, really want to keep it. I also want the AI to be more aggressive and continue to throw specials.

Here's hoping we get the best of both worlds!

Just to give some context to what these changes are, and why there has been an impact on the Infinite Streak:

Previously, when. you got higher in your streak, the Arena was trying to match you with a team that was at 4x your team's PI. Once you cross a certain threshold, there aren't any teams that high, so the system defaults to a fake team/something very low. To be very clear, this was an unintentional bug, and we've told players that in the past. We left it in-game for a long time because it's something that players are very used to.

What we changed is that the max PI of the opposite team should only be 2x. It definitely killed the formula players have known, and we understand that. We're looking at what else we can do to alleviate this situation.

It may not mean a total revert, but we're still open to that after we see more data and information from more players. There are other solutions, and we're going to look into it. Please keep your responses and opinions constructive in this thread.

I would think searching for a team greater than 4x would yield the results players are looking for (more safe teams to run in arena while maintaining difficulty). This would widen the “safe teams” players have grown accustomed to.
  • Broncs2Broncs2 Posts: 15
    Match 28 & 29. Of course it’s beatable but it is taking way more time

• DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

All that has been accomplished through these changes is making players that have gotten a routine down frustrated. It makes achieving milestones potentially take significantly longer because of these absurd pi differences that didn't exist before things were "improved". The best thing that these changes will result in, regardless of how long we are given to "try it out", is to make more players less interested in running arenas, making it easier for those players that it supposedly needed to made better for. That means more players won't be farming the best source for units. It's just a money grab trying to get moderate arena grinders to open their wallets.

No it doesnt take more time, the fights actually yield more points
  • quy_beuquy_beu Posts: 47
    @Kabam Miike want to say thank to your team. Arena changes works very well. i just have finished first run of 5* featured arena in my regular way and the results just better than i thought: no death match (only 1 serie include: 1 less than x2 PI team & 2 over x2 PI team), no kang/thanos team (means a little more points and large health pool) and better AI (not get stress for baiting SP, they throw more often, easy to bait SP)