**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike Looking for information in different places I came to the conclusion that the best way to play this "new" arena would be using champions of the same rank (3 5 * R1 as well as 3 5 * R4 .....) apparently it is more "simple" but, if there is a change and this new formula stops working? many of us will lose streak and we will have to start again, should there be a notification of a possible change, if it exists? or from today this will be the new way to play arenas
    Theretic said:

This change is not just about those of you that have been here for years, and know the formulas and everything else about the game inside and out. When a new player joins, they don't have that information, and don't understand why they're being hit with Death Matches. In that spirit, the increase in the PI of opponents makes sense... But it's obviously making it a less enjoyable experience for the veterans, which is not the desire.

So now instead of a new player learning what they can and can't use in an arena you want them to face nothing but teams double their ratings (that's all that I've faced) and be constantly beat down when the are still building their skills? This seems like a good way to put players off the arena system and maybe even the game

And with this I ask: if @Kabam Miike already has a fixed position on this and they will not change arenas to how they were before, can we use any team, even if they are 5 * R1 and we will still have a chance to win? Without leaving it breaks much stronger streaks than those that are currently dating? Since according to @Kabam Miike any team we carry, it will have a maximum 2x of pi more than us
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    edited October 2020

So now instead of a new player learning what they can and can't use in an arena you want them to face nothing but teams double their ratings (that's all that I've faced) and be constantly beat down when the are still building their skills? This seems like a good way to put players off the arena system and maybe even the game

And with this I ask: if "Kabam Miike" already has a fixed position on this and they will not change arenas to how they were before, can we use any team, even if they are 5 * R1 and we will still have a chance to win? Without leaving it breaks much stronger streaks than those that are currently dating? Since according to @Kabam Miike any team we carry, it will have a maximum 2x of pi more than us

Yes, you can use 5* R1's in both the 4* Featured Arena and 5* Featured arena. I've done both, past match 25, and they work perfectly fine. I got matches of 2/35's both times and was able to defeat them with ease.

And with this I ask: if "Kabam Miike" already has a fixed position on this and they will not change arenas to how they were before, can we use any team, even if they are 5 * R1 and we will still have a chance to win? Without leaving it breaks much stronger streaks than those that are currently dating? Since according to @Kabam Miike any team we carry, it will have a maximum 2x of pi more than us

Yes, you can use 5* R1's in both the 4* Featured Arena and 5* Featured arena. I've done both, past match 25, and they work perfectly fine. I got matches of 2/35's both times and was able to defeat them with ease.
    even so, I think that instead of a 2x search, it should be a 1.5x instead, but at the moment this change little by little sounds very good

If I had to venture a guess, it's replaced the limit with the main criteria.

You could say that the limit was replaced with a max 2x in relation to the equipment you wear
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

If I had to venture a guess, it's replaced the limit with the main criteria.

You could say that the limit was replaced with a max 2x in relation to the equipment you wear
    Yes, that's what I was saying essentially, but I'm not entirely sure I worded it properly. They intended to set the limit at 2x, but that became the criteria for matching rather than an absolute limit.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

Truth.

Proof.

• DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    I love this change, i dont have to try to trick the AI using 5*R5 and 2 5* R1 anymore... And when u do that guess what?... U get 2x pi anyway to fight those R1 and a very easy fight for the R5....
    It just changed the fact that u dont get that easy fight anymore.
    edited October 2020

@Kabam Miike Looking for information in different places I came to the conclusion that the best way to play this "new" arena would be using champions of the same rank (3 5 * R1 as well as 3 5 * R4 .....) apparently it is more "simple" but, if there is a change and this new formula stops working? many of us will lose streak and we will have to start again, should there be a notification of a possible change, if it exists? or from today this will be the new way to play arenas

Do not use a full team of champions 2 ranks below the max, you will get obliterated. Sandbag them for a better chance of winning.

In the 4 Star Featured.

Rank 4 and 5, 5 Stars are fine.
    Rank 3 5 Stars, run with Rank 1's and pick your matchups
    Rank 2 5 Stars, are OK together
    Rank 1 5 Stars, are OK together.
    Rank 5, 4 Stars, run with lower ranks
    Rank 4, 4 Stars, should be OK together
    Rank 3, 4 Stars, you can combine, or run with Rank 5's, the reason is because you can use the Rank 5 on a harder matchup, and if you're a decent player, a Rank 3, 4 Star, can beat a Rank 3, 5 Star.
    Rank 1 and 2 are safe to run together.

The more I run the 4 Star Featured, the more it doesn't seem that bad. There are some problems in the 5 Star Featured, but the 4 Star doesn't seem that bad, you do have alternatives and it punishes Rank 5, 4 Stars, and Rank 3, 5 Stars the most. For those fights, sandbag. I'm at 93 wins in the 4 Star Featured.

DeadPooop said:

I love this change, i dont have to try to trick the AI using 5*R5 and 2 5* R1 anymore... And when u do that guess what?... U get 2x pi anyway to fight those R1 and a very easy fight for the R5....
    It just changed the fact that u dont get that easy fight anymore.

The Rank 1's will fight Rank 3 Level 45's. Sandbagging is recommended for 5 Stars at Rank 3, and 4 Stars at Rank 5. It's also highly recommended in the 5 Star Featured, if your team is full of 6 Stars at Rank 1.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Do not use a full team of champions 2 ranks below the max, you will get obliterated. Sandbag them for a better chance of winning.

In the 4 Star Featured.

Rank 3, 4 Stars, you can combine, or run with Rank 5's, the reason is because you can use the Rank 5 on a harder matchup, and if you're a decent player, a Rank 3, 4 Star, can beat a Rank 3, 5 Star.

The more I run the 4 Star Featured, the more it doesn't seem that bad. There are some problems in the 5 Star Featured, but the 4 Star doesn't seem that bad, you do have alternatives and it punishes Rank 5, 4 Stars, and Rank 3, 5 Stars the most. For those fights, sandbag. I'm at 93 wins in the 4 Star Featured.

The 5* Featured has greater absolute limits. Also, you're dealing with DR/CR.

In the 4 Star Featured.

The 5* Featured has greater absolute limits. Also, you're dealing with DR/CR.
    I'm sure Sandbagging still works, use the Rank 4/5 5 Star with your Rank 1's, use the Rank 1's on easier matchups and the Rank 5 fights the most annoying one.
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Posts: 240

Is it an improvement though?
    It's great below 15 wins, horrible after 15.
    So are we supposed to lose on purpose after 20 wins, get to 5 wins, and run our 5 and 6 stars, and reset at 15?

This fixes nothing, new players already had to do this.

Lost the 20th match in the T1A arena. It wasn't only the difficulty, the fights looked rigged. It was as if my inputs were triggers for the opponent to block/smack my champ. Looks like we're expected to spend more time grinding - that's what this is.