**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Suicides. Still worth it?

BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I regularly grind arena and I’ve heard somewhere that suicides aren’t needed for arena anymore.
I’m also trying to get a few quests here and there in act 6 100%. My alliance does aw and suicides aren’t good for the defenders.

My team: BWCV, Omega, Cmm, Warlock, magneto (nick occasionally)
My team is very suicides friendly so not sure if I should go ahead and turn them off.
What do you guys think?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

What tier of AW are you in?
    I doubt it matters much. I would definitely be running suicides and do.

Tier 6 gold 2. So far this season we are undefeated so I’m scared the defenders with suicides might cost us our winning streak.
  • GODFATHER99GODFATHER99 Posts: 3
    I usually run suicides in the off season
    So i dont get bored of them and it doesn’t affect war either
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 771 ★★★
    Yup
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Recoil was starting to kill my champs in act 6, so I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm running an alternative build with max despair and 4/5 collar tech. Can finally use my Void now.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Recoil was starting to kill my champs in act 6, so I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm running an alternative build with max despair and 4/5 collar tech. Can finally use my Void now.

Very nice. Glad you can use void now, he’s definitely one of the worst champs with suicides.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I rarely turn them off, so many top champs are better with them, and they make arena bearable
  • BonesjuniorBonesjunior Posts: 89
    Suicides for life man. Many champs don't take recoil damage and many rely on sp3 which doesn't cost you any damage either. I would in a heartbeat.
  • BonesjuniorBonesjunior Posts: 89
    Kill_Grey said:

That's why you stockpile free potions and get better with fighting. Problem solved. And use the right champs properly.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

That's why you stockpile free potions and get better with fighting. Problem solved. And use the right champs properly.
    Lol, it's not as simple as you think. Using champs like Void who rely so much on their special 1 and 2 makes you an easy target for recoil. At the end of the day, the fights take longer when you're trying to avoid those specials, and you end up losing more health to the debuffs.

I've run suicides for months, and I had a great time. But I just recently got champs like Nick Fury, symbiote supreme, she-hulk, Hyperion and sorcerer supreme, and I'd like to be able to use them effectively.

I'll get back to suicides at some point, but for now, I'd prefer to avoid recoil damage albeit the fact I have friendlies like Ghost, G2099 and Claire; I'd prefer to utilize the depths of my roster in the meantime.