**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

Chumpyjoe said:

Nothing you guys did improved arenas. This isn't my opinion. This is fact. Change arenas back to how they were.

Really? The removal of death matches (the 2x fights aren't death matches) isn't a good thing? The more aggressive AI that throws specials isn't a good thing? The ability to use 3 1/25 champions without fear/worry isn't a good thing?

Might want to check your facts there, sir.

I don't know about you, but the last thing I want is trying to figure out what the "magical" PI number to hit to avoid deathmatches is. Or dealing with the All or Nothing AI that likes to ruin your streak. Or matching my 4/55's with my 1/25's so I don't lose said streak.

Yeah that can all STAY gone. I just want to see them adjust the teams that you can run into down to 1.5x instead of 2x. They can happily keep the rest of the changes, and I'd like to think most would agree on that.
    The biggest problem is when you run a team 2 ranks above maximum, where people have really good 5 and 6 stars. The rest is good.

I am getting duped 6* R3 teams of the exact same teams with my lowest pi R4 5*’s. These fights are taking way too long even with suicide mastery it’s almost 50 hits since the arena changes went live. This needs to be fixed.

Typical pain points of the Arena Changes, further proving nobody is stupid enough to rank 3 bad champions. Or max out 5 stars.

This is what needs to be addressed, and why either Thanos teams need to return in these cases, or bots need to be put in with bad 6 Stars at Rank 3.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Here is the input i can give as i am at mat 56...
    I havent done a 2nd round of 6*
    After a 2nd round of 6* i will be past 6 mill
    Do the fights take longer yes... You get way more points too... On 1st day after 2 rounds of 5* and 6* i'm usually at 4.5m
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    Nmbghjju said:

Amidst of all this headache, we got to deal with the game constantly closing by itself.

mine has been happening a lot today. auto shut down every other hour.
    edited October 2020
    Vegas110 said:

@Kabam Miike I’ve seen way more death squads 16-23 in streak using rank 1 level 25 6* every single one was were 55k+ teams and every one had rank 3 doom... seems fair to take an r1 l25 6* daredevil against an r3 multi sig r3 doom.
    5* r5 teams didn’t get the death squads...
    Does that mean we now can’t use 3 r1 6* in arena?

5 Stars at 5/65 are like 6 Stars at Rank 2, meaning that the game cannot find a suitable matchup and will find opponents around that level. 6 Stars at Rank 1, and 5 Stars at Rank 4 are deemed pain points in Deathmatch 2020.

I recommend NOT running your 6 Stars at Rank 1, with anyone above 3/45 as a 5 Star. This will fix the deathmatch issue and you should run into Rank 2's, which should have a much larger pool of champions. The game will match you up with champions 2 ranks above what you are using. Most people will not 5/65 or 6/3 bad champions, let alone 6/2 or even 4/55.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Frankly I’m not that worried about death matches, becoz I’m not aim at getting champ from Arena. Since I know the infinite streak I seldom break it for the past few years.

The more I focus on is: what’s the original intention to change Arena? Can Kabam achieve what they acknowledged in General Feedback Thread as well as Dev Diary? To make it more challenging, less time consuming and repetitive routine player experience together with progressing rewards ........ can they make it?

I’m a regular arena grinders for battlechips (and therefore getting Gold and ISO). Frankly I don’t see the improvement from my grinding play and instead I think the algorithm ruins it. Is there any change in the “routine” play style for arena? I don’t think so.
  • DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★

The issue isn’t that deathmatches are x2, it’s that they’re occurring all the time now. The announcement said they were making it so we face less deathmatches and if we were to face once, it would be 2x the rating. If that happened, I guarantee you mostly no one would be mad about this change

As I said before - those aren't death matches. They feel a bit like death matches, because they're tougher fights, but there's a difference in fighting 3 R3 champions with 3/30's or 4/40s, or 1/25's than there is fighting R3's with R1's. There IS a significant difference. The death matches that had 4x difference in PI are gone. In their place are really tough fights that I agree need to be tuned down to 1.5x versus the 2x that they seem to be at now.

That being said - Kabam heard this loud and clear (I can speak to the fact that I brought it up too, as a member of the CCP is is well-known for her arena grinding), the fact that they're already looking at it tells us that. And for all that you guys love to mock Miike's responses - until he knows what changes will go into place (that have been decided upon, then tested in QA, then scheduled for release) there's nothing he CAN actually say.

The issue isn’t that deathmatches are x2, it’s that they’re occurring all the time now. The announcement said they were making it so we face less deathmatches and if we were to face once, it would be 2x the rating. If that happened, I guarantee you mostly no one would be mad about this change

As I said before - those aren't death matches. They feel a bit like death matches, because they're tougher fights, but there's a difference in fighting 3 R3 champions with 3/30's or 4/40s, or 1/25's than there is fighting R3's with R1's. There IS a significant difference. The death matches that had 4x difference in PI are gone. In their place are really tough fights that I agree need to be tuned down to 1.5x versus the 2x that they seem to be at now.

That being said - Kabam heard this loud and clear (I can speak to the fact that I brought it up too, as a member of the CCP is is well-known for her arena grinding), the fact that they're already looking at it tells us that. And for all that you guys love to mock Miike's responses - until he knows what changes will go into place (that have been decided upon, then tested in QA, then scheduled for release) there's nothing he CAN actually say.
    The simple solution would be to add bots at Rank 5, Level 65, and 6 Stars, Rank 2 and 3, that contain 75% of the bad champions nobody would rank up, that would fix 80% of the issues. Kang and Thanos teams existed, in the 5 Star Featured, these were Rank 5 Level 65, and were easy to take down. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make about 10 bot accounts with all of the non-meta characters at 5/65, 2/35, and 3/45 to fix the problems.

@HollywoodShono I get that if this change were to stay permanent for whatever reason we will get used to it, but considering it was meant to be a quality of life improvement that is also meant to help beginner arena players to learn about death matches and the infinite streak, this change is a complete fail. Before today in the 4 star featured arena, you could be able to run a team of 2/35s with no problems but you can no longer run a team of 3/45s without a deathmatch. Also going more in depth with what Kabam Miike was saying with this change being made with the thought of helping newer players learn about deathmatches, it is counterintuitive to only be able to use champs “two ranks above the maximum” since newer players don’t have such a developed roster. That being said, this change looks to be more of a bug that came with tweaking the matchmaking system. Hopefully this is the case and more info will be provided soon.

Technically, he is correct. Have you run Rank 1, Level 10's in the 4 Star Featured? No? You'll face Rank 3 Level 30's Have you run Rank 2, Level 20's? You'll face Rank 4 Level 40's, neither scenario is impossible if you know what you're doing.

The real issue is that nobody will rank up bad champions to 5/65, let alone 4/55(Although this is more common), or 6 stars above Rank 1 Level 25, this is why you see a lot of painful matchups at 3/45.

This could all be fixed if Kabam adds bot accounts with bad champions at 3/45 or 5/65. The same "Deathmatch" teams we didn't want to fight before yesterday.
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

The simple solution would be to add bots at Rank 5, Level 65, and 6 Stars, Rank 2 and 3, that contain 75% of the bad champions nobody would rank up, that would fix 80% of the issues. Kang and Thanos teams existed, in the 5 Star Featured, these were Rank 5 Level 65, and were easy to take down. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make about 10 bot accounts with all of the non-meta characters at 5/65, 2/35, and 3/45 to fix the problems.
    Or they can just make the arenas how they used to be and make deathmatches 2x the rating as it was meant to be by the looks of it from the in game mail and announcement. Don’t see why a QoL improvement should make it more difficult for F2P players
  • Smoothz88Smoothz88 Posts: 6
    guys please do something about it... it's hard to get a streak going

Or they can just make the arenas how they used to be and make deathmatches 2x the rating as it was meant to be by the looks of it from the in game mail and announcement. Don’t see why a QoL improvement should make it more difficult for F2P players
    The average PI of a Rank 1, 6 Star, is around 8500
    The average PI of a Rank 3, 6 Star, is around 17000
    Technically they achieved that. The problem is all the Rank 3's are meta characters, same with 5/65. This is the problem, to fix that, simply add all the non-meta characters on bot teams(You have this in Kang/Thanos already, could even make a few dummy accounts to address this)

@HollywoodShono I get that if this change were to stay permanent for whatever reason we will get used to it, but considering it was meant to be a quality of life improvement that is also meant to help beginner arena players to learn about death matches and the infinite streak, this change is a complete fail. Before today in the 4 star featured arena, you could be able to run a team of 2/35s with no problems but you can no longer run a team of 3/45s without a deathmatch. Also going more in depth with what Kabam Miike was saying with this change being made with the thought of helping newer players learn about deathmatches, it is counterintuitive to only be able to use champs “two ranks above the maximum” since newer players don’t have such a developed roster. That being said, this change looks to be more of a bug that came with tweaking the matchmaking system. Hopefully this is the case and more info will be provided soon.

Technically, he is correct. Have you run Rank 1, Level 10's in the 4 Star Featured? No? You'll face Rank 3 Level 30's Have you run Rank 2, Level 20's? You'll face Rank 4 Level 40's, neither scenario is impossible if you know what you're doing.

The real issue is that nobody will rank up bad champions to 5/65, let alone 4/55(Although this is more common), or 6 stars above Rank 1 Level 25, this is why you see a lot of painful matchups at 3/45.

This could all be fixed if Kabam adds bot accounts with bad champions at 3/45 or 5/65. The same "Deathmatch" teams we didn't want to fight before yesterday.
    That’s not the real issue. The issue here is that “deathmatches” are more prevalent in this change than it should be. We should not have to r2 6 stars to not face a death match. There is clearly something that went wrong when trying to make some changes. The issue here isn’t that people don’t want to rank up bad champions
    edited October 2020

The average PI of a Rank 1, 6 Star, is around 8500
    The average PI of a Rank 3, 6 Star, is around 17000
    Technically they achieved that. The problem is all the Rank 3's are meta characters, same with 5/65. This is the problem, to fix that, simply add all the non-meta characters on bot teams(You have this in Kang/Thanos already, could even make a few dummy accounts to address this)
    Again, not all fights should be 2x the rating. If you are using only r1s or r2 it would be understandable to get a death match
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203

• DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Shinyuu said:

Okay @Kabam Miike I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong that this change is good for newer players but it still lies a few problems and that is:

1: arena scores are about to be a lottttttt higher because someone can get more points being able to run all their champs at R1

2: bots are going to increase these scores dramatically and the fair players will get screwed out the champ

I do like/hate the changes and definitely think the 5 star featured arena needs to be tweaked a little

after testing my R1 at a streak of 43 and not getting a death match like I would have in the past my first thought was that's pretty cool but then quickly went to the above 2 thoughts.

I was able to use R1s before, just had to mix and match to not trigger the deathmatch, i was running 30 teams, it doesnt change much for bots if you had the teams figured out. I am doing matches with 90 5*. The best part of this is that i dont have to mix them anymore. I can just do a team of R1s and not trigget a deathmatch, which will come handy when the team auto selector comes out.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★
    Opponents throwing sp are good but the problem arises when we use are r1 meme tier against r4 god tier.

That’s not the real issue. The issue here is that “deathmatches” are more prevalent in this change than it should be. We should not have to r2 6 stars to not face a death match. There is clearly something that went wrong when trying to make some changes. The issue here isn’t that people don’t want to rank up bad champions
    And because of that, you won't see those same bad champions at 6 Star Rank 3, hence why those matches are annoying, as I already explained.
  • Clay_L21Clay_L21 Posts: 11
    Here is the thing, while you all say that the infinite streak was not supposed to be a part of the game, it was something you could learn. This seems like more of a way that people who can afford to buy $100 unit packs, 10 at a time, are allowed to he ahead of everyone else. I say that because unless you can afford to buy catalyst bundle after catalyst bundle to rank up your Champs, you'll never make it through arenas again. It makes this more time consuming and costly process.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    YawYeet said:

The ai throw specials way more than they used to. These death matches arent that big of a deal if youre a semi decent player.

Man, You really think that people argue about IA specials?

People is arguing about **** difference between teams, now a fight Will take double of time, people can take an hour in advanced accounts, now Will take 2 hours to Beat clearly OP enemies

Time ls gold men.
    Clay_L21 said:

Here is the thing, while you all say that the infinite streak was not supposed to be a part of the game, it was something you could learn. This seems like more of a way that people who can afford to buy $100 unit packs, 10 at a time, are allowed to he ahead of everyone else. I say that because unless you can afford to buy catalyst bundle after catalyst bundle to rank up your Champs, you'll never make it through arenas again. It makes this more time consuming and costly process.

Arena Grinding=Units
    Arena Grinding=Premiums
    Arena Grinding=Gold
    Arena Grinding=ISO
    Arena Grinding=Great Source of 5 Star Shards
    5 Star Shards=ISO
    Arena Grinding=3, 4, and 5 Star Champions
    3, 4, 5 Star Champion Dupes=ISO, more Shards
    Apparenly you have never heard of Alliance Quest, Alliance War, or completing the Monthly above Master Difficulty.
  • NetbreakerNetbreaker Posts: 179

More aggressive AI is good.
    But I dont get the point with the death matches...