Champion Spotlight - Mephisto [UPDATED: Oct 2 - 14:50 PT]

Comments

• Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    gahrling wrote: »
    [I do have a question about his regen. It shows 10% for each charge, does that mean it will scale with the node he is on in AW?

Apparently so, I believe this was confirmed by Seatin. Hence the popularity of having him as the AW boss.

How could this possibly be confirmed considering Mephisto hasn’t even been around to test in AW yet?
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 635 ★★★
    [I do have a question about his regen. It shows 10% for each charge, does that mean it will scale with the node he is on in AW?

Apparently so, I believe this was confirmed by Seatin. Hence the popularity of having him as the AW boss.

how could seatin have confirmed this if mephisto was released 2 hours ago?
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 174
    Qwerty wrote: »
    how could seatin have confirmed this if mephisto was released 2 hours ago?

I don't know. I'm happy to retract the Seatin comment, I just remember it coming up somewhere that Meph's regen won't be a flat rate but percentage based, so on AW nodes it will be buffed like how Ultron used to be.

And Miike recently said that Kabam don't want us to 100% war maps any more : )
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    5fwZcPc5o5REuLjmr4X2kCxPUo7oSWyBt-6iYgQGbvc.jpg?w=1024&s=d79c443a6bb71f95b764301ae7d7a845

@Kabam Miike

erm.. is Mephisto synergy supposed to be giving DS +1 million health steal or did the person who gave us 5 billion gold program that?

Holy!!!! :o:o:o Hope that is looked into ASAP.

(and of course your post got flagged 2x)
  • and another bug - 3rd Special - permanent Aura after fully power burn doesn't working.
    Energy burns and nothing.

testers was ill? :-)
  • Guys everything is working as intended. Stop resorting to wild conspiracy.
  • Chitlins wrote: »
    Guys everything is working as intended. Stop resorting to wild conspiracy.

misunderstood with champion spotlight and in-game description and what happens in fight is a part of a plan "test yourself, summoner"? :-)
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    If you drop Mephisto below 30% health in war, making him consume all his souls, and then you die, does he still start the next fight with three souls, or none?
  • If you drop Mephisto below 30% health in war, making him consume all his souls, and then you die, does he still start the next fight with three souls, or none?

he will start with one soul, i guess. that soul what he gets for killing you.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480
    edited September 2017
    He only has two synergies?
    It’s not listed here for some reason, but he has a 3rd one with Morningstar in the game.
    dtnsfgwjt2kh.png
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 268

Persistent Soul Charge:
    When below 30% Health, each Persistent Soul Charge is consumed, Regenerating 10% of max Health per charge. Mephisto does not take damage while consuming his Persistent Soul Charges through this ability.

why his regen is not a flat value like all the other champs post v12? is it still 10% of his base health? or is it 10% of his modified health?
  • Viper1987 wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Chitlins wrote: »
    Also couldn't you continually parry to stack aura of incineration on the opponent? You technically don't even need to stun for it to work, just as long as it's well timed block.

And does the +120% mean it's guaranteed to proc on a well timed block? I don't quite understand why it would be +120% instead of +100% 4gvwqd7vgen7.png

The 120% refers to his sig ability. You would multiply that times the effect of his sig. in the case of your SS, he would have a 10.92% x 120% chance to trigger on a parry or a 24.024% chance to trigger on a parry.

Actually this could also just mean 20% more or ~12% chance to trigger on parry

Well, it could mean that but it should not mean that. It says +120%, not 120%. It cannot be true that +120% and +20% mean the same thing, although it could be an error in the description.

It is a pet peeve of mine that MCOC and games in general get this wrong all the time, but this isn't just a trivial nitpick in my opinion because players are supposed to know unambiguously what these numbers mean because they are important to how the champion works.

If you mean 10.92% + 120% = 130.92% you say "120 percentage points higher."
    If you mean 10.92% * 120% = 13.1" you say "twenty percent higher than the chance value" or better yet "1.2 times higher."
    If you mean 10.92% + 120% of 10.92 = 24.02%" you say "+120% of the chance value" or "220% of the chance value" or better yet "2.2 times higher."

You never, ever say "plus 120%." 120% of what? All percentages should be followed by what the percentage is of, unless it is unambiguous what the percent is of. "The bill was eight dollars and the tip was 15%" is unambiguous what the percent is a percentage of. But when you have percentages of percentages, it is ambiguous if you are supposed to add, multiply, or add a multiple of a percentage unless you state so.
  • FabiFabi Posts: 64
    6x 5* Mephisto crystals
    I got

Old man Logan
    Kamala
    Groot
    Drax
    Kingpin
    Venom

Didn't see him in one spin....
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Chitlins wrote: »
    Also couldn't you continually parry to stack aura of incineration on the opponent? You technically don't even need to stun for it to work, just as long as it's well timed block.

And does the +120% mean it's guaranteed to proc on a well timed block? I don't quite understand why it would be +120% instead of +100% 4gvwqd7vgen7.png

The 120% refers to his sig ability. You would multiply that times the effect of his sig. in the case of your SS, he would have a 10.92% x 120% chance to trigger on a parry or a 24.024% chance to trigger on a parry.

Actually this could also just mean 20% more or ~12% chance to trigger on parry

Well, it could mean that but it should not mean that. It says +120%, not 120%. It cannot be true that +120% and +20% mean the same thing, although it could be an error in the description.

It is a pet peeve of mine that MCOC and games in general get this wrong all the time, but this isn't just a trivial nitpick in my opinion because players are supposed to know unambiguously what these numbers mean because they are important to how the champion works.

If you mean 10.92% + 120% = 130.92% you say "120 percentage points higher."
    If you mean 10.92% * 120% = 13.1" you say "twenty percent higher than the chance value" or better yet "1.2 times higher."
    If you mean 10.92% + 120% of 10.92 = 24.02%" you say "+120% of the chance value" or "220% of the chance value" or better yet "2.2 times higher."

You never, ever say "plus 120%." 120% of what? All percentages should be followed by what the percentage is of, unless it is unambiguous what the percent is of. "The bill was eight dollars and the tip was 15%" is unambiguous what the percent is a percentage of. But when you have percentages of percentages, it is ambiguous if you are supposed to add, multiply, or add a multiple of a percentage unless you state so.

I have always had an issue with this because values are sometimes multiplicative or sometimes they are additive and usually they are described (nearly) identical. There is no statement or description that makes you think this is multiplicative and that is additive.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Fabi wrote: »
    6x 5* Mephisto crystals
    I got

Old man Logan
    Kamala
    Groot
    Drax
    Kingpin
    Venom

Didn't see him in one spin....

Hey ya got kingpin at least?
    Morgan wrote: »
    So basically, ALL the champion arrived or arriving are more or less better war defenders than any previous one.

You removed defender kills, bt introduced Champions which powers scale with kills, and i'm pretty confident that'll count in AW too. So we have Mephisto with:

-Unavoidable dmg, scaling on nodes, scaling on charges
    -UNavoidable ability lock for 15 seconds
    -Unavoidable regen
    -Unavoidable immunity during regen
    -UNavoidable regen SCALING with war nodes despite 2 updates made to introduce flat value sistem.
    -Power gain + MD, and this is a first.

Are we playing a game, or actually looking around at TrollCity? How can you do 6 updates towards somethign then introduce a hero absolutely being the opposite of what you worked towards?

Then don't say that we're talking cospiracies when saying AW changes are solely made to spending into new Champions. Good Lord. Every time i find hope for this game, you are able to swoop it dead with one single click.

PS: i defenetly HOPE that the 70% incinerate dmg sinergy is a bug, cause if not, that's even more of a troll. 70% regen on strange too, but hey, that's 70% of nothing.

It's not an ability lock, it just prevents you from gaining buffs, which is totally different than locking abilities.
    Unavoidable regen? Is this true? So heal blocks and reverse regen don't work if you time it correctly? I will have to test this. I didn't play around much with this versus Phoenix, so maybe you can't prevent the regen. The immunity during regen is probably minimal. 2-3 seconds maybe? Not really a game changer.
    And first champ to power gain + MD? Did you forget Mordo?

Not defending Kabam, but I think things are exaggerated a lot.
    So basically, ALL the champion arrived or arriving are more or less better war defenders than any previous one.

You removed defender kills, bt introduced Champions which powers scale with kills, and i'm pretty confident that'll count in AW too. So we have Mephisto with:

-Unavoidable regen
    -UNavoidable regen SCALING with war nodes despite 2 updates made to introduce flat value sistem.

Are we playing a game, or actually looking around at TrollCity? How can you do 6 updates towards somethign then introduce a hero absolutely being the opposite of what you worked towards?

Then don't say that we're talking cospiracies when saying AW changes are solely made to spending into new Champions. Good Lord. Every time i find hope for this game, you are able to swoop it dead with one single click.

PS: i defenetly HOPE that the 70% incinerate dmg sinergy is a bug, cause if not, that's even more of a troll. 70% regen on strange too, but hey, that's 70% of nothing.

It's not an ability lock, it just prevents you from gaining buffs, which is totally different than locking abilities.
    Unavoidable regen? Is this true? So heal blocks and reverse regen don't work if you time it correctly? I will have to test this. I didn't play around much with this versus Phoenix, so maybe you can't prevent the regen. The immunity during regen is probably minimal. 2-3 seconds maybe? Not really a game changer.

I agree, further checks needs be done. i just don't like the direction this is taking. and i don't like that new champs are being made accordinggly with the war changes, whatever side i try see it, wars weren't changed due to "need", but to justify these new arrivals and their "kill counters".

Mordo yes, you're right again, but you can interrupt the power gain just by simply hitting him. And there's no Dots around.

What triggers me the most is how the % based came back, after the serie of terrible changes and nerfs going on in the last months, like all that was said, and used to justify the changes, doesn't have value anymore if you wanna spend cash on this brand new champ. It's so annyoing

From what I understand, which I probably don't understand much considering I haven't really fought him yet, is that most of his power comes from incinerate. Having a champ immune to incinerate, or one that can shrug it off easily such as AV, Rogue, Groot (not advocating), KG, Vulture, Iceman, and potentially Blade can be effective counters. Also your typical power burn/drain/lock champs would most likely be huge, too. Magik, Dormammu, Hawkeye, Doc Oc, maybe GG, and Visions if they ever decide to fix them. Seems like there may be some counters, but time will tell. I understand your frustration with AW and new champs that come out (especially mystic).
  • When did the 5* come out?n2m9a8amfi70.jpg
  • @becauseicant a fellow alliance member of mine did pull him and the power gain does stack. With two auras of incineration he was gaining a significant amount of power but not the amount that amount your post stated. Even with this smaller power gain his ability as an aw boss he could be devastating when awakened and I 100% agree with you on that point.
  • @Kabam Miike mephistos aura on incineration isn't getting active after spl 3.. plus can you give an update on if the 70% regen is working as intended and you dont intend to change it ? because i pulled a 5 star mephisto and now im considering taking dr strange to rank 5
  • Only had four 5* so I don't pull them very often but he looked so cool so I went for a featured and got him. Most pumped I've been.
    roy505 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike mephistos aura on incineration isn't getting active after spl 3.. plus can you give an update on if the 70% regen is working as intended and you dont intend to change it ? because i pulled a 5 star mephisto and now im considering taking dr strange to rank 5

It’s definitely not working as intended. I wouldn’t count on that staying for long.
  • AutocepticonAutocepticon Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    On his S3, can he power drain only once per fight? Can't tell if the once per fight only applies to the Aura being activated or both
    roy505 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike mephistos aura on incineration isn't getting active after spl 3.. plus can you give an update on if the 70% regen is working as intended and you dont intend to change it ? because i pulled a 5 star mephisto and now im considering taking dr strange to rank 5

lol are you seriously asking if DS healing 1.5 MILLION health points is intended?
    so do we have an answer about mephisto's passive ability modification question?

does it mean that passive ability accuracy modifications cannot affect him

or

does it mean that only his passive abilities are immune to ability accuracy modification?
  • Morgan wrote: »

-Unavoidable regen

I agree, further checks needs be done. i just don't like the direction this is taking. and i don't like that new champs are being made accordinggly with the war changes, whatever side i try see it, wars weren't changed due to "need", but to justify these new arrivals and their "kill counters".

Mordo yes, you're right again, but you can interrupt the power gain just by simply hitting him. And there's no Dots around.

What triggers me the most is how the % based came back, after the serie of terrible changes and nerfs going on in the last months, like all that was said, and used to justify the changes, doesn't have value anymore if you wanna spend cash on this brand new champ. It's so annyoing

Regen in AW is based on unmodified health so his regen is not that big a deal. Just take iceman and kill him honestly he's being totally overhyped carnage 2.0