**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• StevenSaneStevenSane Posts: 46
    So its very obvious that your 2X is still way too much, yes it helps when you are running R1 or R2 5*s... But its bad when running R4 5*. The fix to this to keep everyone happy and make areana fun would be MAX 1.2X your team. Its wouldn't be too easy but wouldn't be bad at all.

I will give Kabam props on the arena AI is spot on!! Love it now they are actually fighting! Well done there...
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    serv71 said:

DeadPooop said:

DeadPooop said:

Shinyuu said:

Okay @Kabam Miike I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong that this change is good for newer players but it still lies a few problems and that is:

1: arena scores are about to be a lottttttt higher because someone can get more points being able to run all their champs at R1

2: bots are going to increase these scores dramatically and the fair players will get screwed out the champ

I do like/hate the changes and definitely think the 5 star featured arena needs to be tweaked a little

after testing my R1 at a streak of 43 and not getting a death match like I would have in the past my first thought was that's pretty cool but then quickly went to the above 2 thoughts.

I was able to use R1s before, just had to mix and match to not trigger the deathmatch, i was running 30 teams, it doesnt change much for bots if you had the teams figured out. I am doing matches with 90 5*. The best part of this is that i dont have to mix them anymore. I can just do a team of R1s and not trigget a deathmatch, which will come handy when the team auto selector comes out.
    I would not run a full team of Rank 3's though, you'll face the same issues people in the 5 Star Featured do, 5/65 SS Tier Champs, tone it down to a Rank 3 with 2 Rank 1's, the Rank 1's may struggle but the opponents will generally be easier since most have even bad champions at Rank 3.
    I already did, its really not that bad.. i seriously dont understand what the big fuzz is. Yeah sure 2.9k vs 6k pi... But they are not that hard of fights.. some of the screenshots mentioning death matches are not even death matches.
    lol, juste twice the time we need before... it's just not fun and a big waste of time
    So let me get this straight.. u just want the easy mode .. 2 combos and out?...
    All the arena grinders always complain about bots and such.. but they became bots?...
    If its not worthy stop doing it...
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    Hieitaku said:

We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

How does it feel to fail and eat your own words so spectacularly?

And again?

And again?

The only reason my team's PI is somewhat keeping up is suicide masteries. But the last one is a clear mismatch of 3x 6r3 vs 3x 6r1. You don't need to be a professional game dev to realize that.

Is it because of my title? Will I get less of this **** if I changed it to Summoner Supreme?
    On that screenshot u r literally fighting a 1.5x pi opponent.. how on earth is that a deathmatch?!
  • Yanivl69Yanivl69 Posts: 28
    @Kabam Miike Well from my testing on 4s featured arena and basic
    Featured - since 5s champ are alllowed its has much more impact than 4s basic arena
    Untill match 21 the fights are decent (maybe harder before the update) after 21 match things going bad and you need at least 5s R4 champs or so since i got crazy champs like Fury, Dr Doom and so on with 15k PI
    Since most of my 5s champs are r2 and only one is r3 i cant pass match 23
    i guess its the same with 5s featured with 6s champs
    On 4s basic the new members will suffer the most since they wont have much arsenal of.ranked up 4s champs

Hope its help

• Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52
    To all those who have given their opinion on this change and do not agree, in your next rounds try with only rank 1 of 5 stars and start making sand that way and no teams of death will come out
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5
    r4 5* +r1 6* should face x1.3
    r5 5* +r2 6* should face x1.2

here, I did your job Kabam, now implement this into the formula and thank me later

The real issues as I point out in my latest video, there are three pain points.

1) 4 Stars maxed out, will probably fight maxed out 5 Stars
    2) 5 Stars at Rank 3, will probably fight maxed out 5 Stars
    3) 5 Stars at Rank 4, and 6 Stars at Rank 1, will fight maxed out 6 Stars.

Will you see any BAD champions at 5/65, or 3/45? NO
    This is why Arena is hard for many players.

An easy fix, instead of going up 2 Ranks at all three of these pain points, go up ONE rank, ESPECIALLY for 3)
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★
    Thanks kabam quality of life improvement yes.

• TX4runnerTX4runner Posts: 9
    edited October 2020
    These are all after streak 24 in feature 5* arena last night. All of my 6* R1 and 5* R4s were getting the same match up. How is this matching at a max of 2 times my PI?

And again this morning.

• djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    I haven't read the entirety of the last 3 pages, so I'm not sure if this has been brought up.

These changes to arenas are essentially telling us to do one of two things with our 5*s: either take them to at least r4, or do not rank them at all, unless you do not ever want to use them in arena.
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5

here, I did your job Kabam, now implement this into the formula and thank me later

An easy fix, instead of going up 2 Ranks at all three of these pain points, go up ONE rank, ESPECIALLY for 3)
    You keep missing the point my guy. It’s not the quality of the deathmatches, it’s the quantity. Simple as that. We are getting a death squad for almost everything right now; the complete opposite of what anyone wanted and what was stated in the announcements
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5

You keep missing the point my guy. It’s not the quality of the deathmatches, it’s the quantity. Simple as that. We are getting a death squad for almost everything right now; the complete opposite of what anyone wanted and what was stated in the announcements
    I'm not missing anything. There is a huge difference between fighting Domino, Black Widow Clare Voyant, Warlock, Void, or someone like Wolverine X-23, Captain Marvel Classic, Black Panther Classic.

Again, will you see any BAD champions at 5/65, or 3/45? NO

99% of people would not complain if they didn't run into Meta characters at 6/3, or even 5/65 in the 4 Star Featured.

I think you're missing the big picture. I have over 125 wins in the 4 Star Featured and have not lost a series since this new Arena. I don't run 5 Star Featured because my roster is not developed enough.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

To be honest, if it's not for this post, the community would not have kicked up a big fuss.
    We understand that as champs get higher rank, death matches or matches with much higher PI will naturally happen.
    But not at this frequent level where u are basically facing much higher PI Opponents all the time after 15 streaks.

In future, just post, u will get much more death squads instead of less likely.
    Consumers are not dumb. They want something that is as per what was advertised. If u give something much different, it's natural that people complain.
    Just my 2 cents.

Well, no. There's a pretty clear message that people aren't pleased with the change. For those that aren't.