**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Nightsbane576Nightsbane576 Posts: 36
    Or you make it more intuitive, let the algorithm assuming there is one rate the champs you put forward then give the player an option a easy medium and hard choice and award points accordingly for the PI. So if a player wants to grind easy matches let them for less points or gamble against a potential death match.
  • TbonneTbonne Posts: 46
    Just got a message back from help ticket they said  you're likely aware, arena matchups will become increasingly difficult as your streak grows higher.  This difficulty curve can sometimes be much steeper in different arenas, such as those that allow for the use of higher-tier Champions.  Additionally, opponents tend to become stronger over time due to more Summoners increasing the power of their own rosters.  What might work to establish a streak at one point might not work several months later, for instance. With all this in mind, the details provided do seem to be within what we'd expect to see and we appreciate the chance to share the above context.
  • Nightsbane576Nightsbane576 Posts: 36
    By that logic why have arena boosts that last 15 minutes 30 minutes.if the intent is to cause streak loss, that seems counter to the idea of maintaining a streak don’t you think?
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5
    r4 5* +r1 6* should face x1.3
    r5 5* +r2 6* should face x1.2

here, I did your job Kabam, now implement this into the formula and thank me later

The real issues as I point out in my latest video, there are three pain points.

1) 4 Stars maxed out, will probably fight maxed out 5 Stars
    2) 5 Stars at Rank 3, will probably fight maxed out 5 Stars
    3) 5 Stars at Rank 4, and 6 Stars at Rank 1, will fight maxed out 6 Stars.

Will you see any BAD champions at 5/65, or 3/45? NO
    This is why Arena is hard for many players.

An easy fix, instead of going up 2 Ranks at all three of these pain points, go up ONE rank, ESPECIALLY for 3)
    You keep missing the point my guy. It’s not the quality of the deathmatches, it’s the quantity. Simple as that. We are getting a death squad for almost everything right now; the complete opposite of what anyone wanted and what was stated in the announcements
    I'm not missing anything. There is a huge difference between fighting Domino, Black Widow Clare Voyant, Warlock, Void, or someone like Wolverine X-23, Captain Marvel Classic, Black Panther Classic.

Again, will you see any BAD champions at 5/65, or 3/45? NO

99% of people would not complain if they didn't run into Meta characters at 6/3, or even 5/65 in the 4 Star Featured.

I think you're missing the big picture. I have over 125 wins in the 4 Star Featured and have not lost a series since this new Arena. I don't run 5 Star Featured because my roster is not developed enough.
    Again, if you read a lot of the issues people are having, people don’t like that arena runs are taking longer than usual and is becoming more difficult. Obviously it is better if we are fighting a Daredevil compared to a Nick Fury or Doom, but it is still taking longer than it should be. All they need to do really is make the matchmaking how it was last round. This was meant to be a QoL improvement. Making arena runs longer is not an improvement. It’s an issue of quantity not quality. That’s all.
  • C4LH3LH4C4LH3LH4 Posts: 84
    I used to play arena watching TV, now all the fights are hard

I am on streak 30 and continue getting difficult fights.

Kabam change log says: “we’ve made some changes so Summoners are less likely to encounter Enemy teams with more than 2x their Rating. That means you’ll run into fewer death squads, but they can still happen!”

It doesn’t seem so.

t
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    For me they are much easier
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I've never used the "Find New Match" button, but I actually am interested to see what would've happened if you used the 5 units to press it. I have 45 units, and I don't feel like using 1/9 of my units to have an RNG chance at arena, but it would be interesting if you'd try it. If you do, try and make a new post, OP.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited October 2020
    C4LH3LH4 said:

”What happened to Arena?”...
    I used to play arena watching TV, now all the fights are hard

You can check out the Merged Thread that has nearly 400 entries in it. Orange replies from Kabam are in several spots there.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/227913/arena-feedback-merged-threads#latest

No need for NEW posts.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5

here, I did your job Kabam, now implement this into the formula and thank me later

An easy fix, instead of going up 2 Ranks at all three of these pain points, go up ONE rank, ESPECIALLY for 3)
    You keep missing the point my guy. It’s not the quality of the deathmatches, it’s the quantity. Simple as that. We are getting a death squad for almost everything right now; the complete opposite of what anyone wanted and what was stated in the announcements
    I'm not missing anything. There is a huge difference between fighting Domino, Black Widow Clare Voyant, Warlock, Void, or someone like Wolverine X-23, Captain Marvel Classic, Black Panther Classic.

99% of people would not complain if they didn't run into Meta characters at 6/3, or even 5/65 in the 4 Star Featured.

I think you're missing the big picture. I have over 125 wins in the 4 Star Featured and have not lost a series since this new Arena. I don't run 5 Star Featured because my roster is not developed enough.
    Again, if you read a lot of the issues people are having, people don’t like that arena runs are taking longer than usual and is becoming more difficult. Obviously it is better if we are fighting a Daredevil compared to a Nick Fury or Doom, but it is still taking longer than it should be. All they need to do really is make the matchmaking how it was last round. This was meant to be a QoL improvement. Making arena runs longer is not an improvement. It’s an issue of quantity not quality. That’s all.
    I'm pretty sure fighting Daredevil is much faster than fighting Guillotine 2099 or Domino. I'm very aware of what you're talking about.
  • SaranSaran Posts: 11
    Yes me too facing the same problem. Usually i will take 3 x6* and the total pi will be around 26k to 27k. Previously it would be same pi but now the pi is 45k, 55k and 60k. Although its not a death match the fights are longer and slightly difficult and moreover in each fight a r2 or r3 doom pops making the fight more annoying
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★

Who in the world wants Fights to last longer when you're Grinding for 3 days straight?

Yup. It’s bad enough when you’re up against the clock and you get the endless SP3 animations, the scoreboard between fights and the constant connection problems. It wasn’t much fun before this “improvement”.
  • ThemadpotatoThemadpotato Posts: 58

r1 5* should face x1.8
    r2 5* should face x1.7
    r3 5* should face x1.5

I'm pretty sure fighting Daredevil is much faster than fighting Guillotine 2099 or Domino. I'm very aware of what you're talking about.
    Comparatively speaking towards the previous arena, fighting that daredevil is still taking longer than a previous arena match. Not an improvement whatsoever to the previous arena round.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    That’s what Dev Diary respond to the community before regarding the arena improvement. But that’s NOT the case based on the latest change: you bring up more unnecessary pressure to the players.

• The AI Changes are great , big thx for that Kabam .
    But the new Matchmaking system is horrible for Arenagrinders , that’s not an approvement in my eyes .