**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Punisher 2099 great champion now!

So I ranked my punisher 2099 to rank 3 prior to the tune up announcement. I pulled a 3rd tech t5cc and was super annoyed that I didn’t have a single worthy tech champion worthy. I then duped my punisher so I just said screw it and ranked him. I was initially not super excited about the tune up. After trying him out multiple quests with the new monthly events I am really liking him. His ability to control power is extremely nice! His damage output is great also!

https://youtu.be/4t4B-VaftE0

Let me know who is liking him now

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Took mine to rank 2 recently and am quite pleased. Now just hoping his synergy with Cosmic Ghost Rider allows him to stack furies on heavy
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Yes! That along with the chain stun will be very nice! Let’s hope
  • I havent played around with him, but this is what i expected after seeing the tune up. Guy is a legit useful tool now.
  • RetlawIVRetlawIV Posts: 50
    I took my 5* to r5 and I have 0 regrets. Being able to play aggressive and not having to worry about the opponent throwing a special is so nice and the fact that they usually can’t gain a bar of power before the fight ends, is so huge. The only other champ I know that can do that is quake and it’s such an underrated piece of utility. And that’s not even talking about the fact that his damage numbers are really good for basically no ramp up and no need for a weird play style.
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    Does he need to be duped? im thinking on r5 my 5 star
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I like him a lot, I am considering putting mine on r5
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    Those 10k light attacks tho
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    He's my only duped 6* and I'm playing him alot in different situations and liking what I see for the most part.
    I took him into AQ to test against the Energize node, where the opponent gets 200% powergain when you strike them.
    When in overdrive it didn't seem like this was affected at all, which I think is strange. Anyone else test this?
    Aaronc94 said:

Does he need to be duped? im thinking on r5 my 5 star

Him being duped allows him to get to overdrive faster and gives him access to an emergency power lock/power drain when the opponent hits sp3 which is nice but not necessary.

He's my only duped 6* and I'm playing him alot in different situations and liking what I see for the most part.
    I took him into AQ to test against the Energize node, where the opponent gets 200% powergain when you strike them.
    When in overdrive it didn't seem like this was affected at all, which I think is strange. Anyone else test this?

It’s because he reduces it by 90%, so since the opponent has an increase of 200% it reduces it to 110%
    RetlawIV said:

It’s because he reduces it by 90%, so since the opponent has an increase of 200% it reduces it to 110%

It says it causes the opponent to gain 90% less power not that it reduces by 90%

In my head it works like this:
    Normal powergain = 100
    In overdrive they gain 90% less (100-(100*90%)) = 10

With 200% powergain = 100*200% = 200 or 100+(100*200%)=300
    In overdrive = 200-(200*90%)= 20 or 300-(300*90%)=30

None of that happened and they had an sp3 in a 5hit combo even in overdrive.
    Haji_Saab said:

RetlawIV said:

It says it causes the opponent to gain 90% less power not that it reduces by 90%

Normal powergain = 100

But MCOC doesn't apply percentages like that. They are addictive in almost 99% cases. So, 100% + 200% - 90% = 110%
    Wouldn’t this be 100% + 200% - 90% = 210%

This would feel right based on my experience though. This diminishes p2099's potential quite a bit though.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Glorious rank up! Mad respect, I love my 6* Punisher 2099 as well!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

RetlawIV said:

Normal powergain = 100

But MCOC doesn't apply percentages like that. They are addictive in almost 99% cases. So, 100% + 200% - 90% = 110%

This would feel right based on my experience though. This diminishes p2099's potential quite a bit though.
    It does (and I agree with your maths, btw). He's got a crazily effective power control ability except for a total inability to deal with opponents who have a Power Gain ability.

He's a lot like Psylocke in that way. She can actually take advantage of Power Gain effects by carefully spamming SP1; but P2099 can't do that.

Luckily there aren't too many +200% Energise nodes around; but it's definitely a limitation. Aside from the obvious champs with Power Gain (like Hypes, etc), there's a few champs with built-in Energize that he'd be somewhat less effective against, too - Carnage, Cyclops Blue and Awakened Moon Knight spring to mind.

edited October 2020

Haji_Saab said:

RetlawIV said:

Normal powergain = 100

It does (and I agree with your maths, btw). He's got a crazily effective power control ability except for a total inability to deal with opponents who have a Power Gain ability.

He's a lot like Psylocke in that way. She can actually take advantage of Power Gain effects by carefully spamming SP1; but P2099 can't do that.

Luckily there aren't too many +200% Energise nodes around; but it's definitely a limitation. Aside from the obvious champs with Power Gain (like Hypes, etc), there's a few champs with built-in Energize that he'd be somewhat less effective against, too - Carnage, Cyclops Blue and Awakened Moon Knight spring to mind.

I would say it makes him less useful for matches with extra power gain, but he’s still insanely useful for any fight without extra power gain, because your opponent not throwing specials is always a huge plus. Just look at the gameplay posted by OP CGR never even gets a bar of power. Who needs to learn how to dodge every new champs specials when you they never even get to throw a special.

And when compared to psylocke the only thing stopping psylocke from being an amazing champ is her terrible damage, but P2099 has some great damage and he has a few more bits and bobs of utility, like a passive heal block, and guaranteed stun on his heavy as long as he has 10 charges