**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    Ace_03 said:

Can't they just revert it back?

And then work on whatever it is that they intended to do?

At this point this is going to really be the final straw for many.

Since this is most likely either a code change or an engine mechanics change, I suspect they are unlikely to change it in the middle of an arena event. I wouldn't expect to see a change to the behavior until either the Sunday arenas or the Monday arenas at the earliest, assuming changes are possible on that kind of timeline.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Meanwhile everyone saying they not liking arena
    Here I’m going for featured champ thinking cutoff will go down 🤨🤣

I’m targeting 30 Million
  • Goku713Goku713 Posts: 1

The "Infinite Streak" is not a feature of the game, but rather the result of the requirements/calculations for finding matches. It is always changing and will continue to do so as more and more players have access to higher ranked Champions.

This change is not made only for those that are "in the know" about the Infinite Streak. We promised to lower the number of deathmatches, and we've done just that. This is a major improvement for all players, especially those that are new to the Arena.

Major improvement making the 6 star arena fights harder than they used too? Everything else seems fine but even when im in a high streak and I use my 6 star champs I face harder opponents than before and matches take longer
  • RoccohrRoccohr Posts: 12
    edited October 2020
    Alright now that I’ve cooled down a bit @Kabam Miike I’ve been able to go through arenas more often. The changes aren’t all bad however when using r4 5*, r1 6*, r3 5* and r5 4* we get punished with tough matches that shouldn’t be so bad. Like I posted in a previous post sometimes a single mistake is enough to lose our streak and it’s a pain to get back to x3 multiplier, the champs we are up against when using the ranks I mentioned are the top champs in the game since no one ranks up low tier champs, fights against void, ebony maw, warlock, Hyperion even with the more aggressive AI if a mistake is made it’s a 5 combo KO as well as it takes forever now to grind properly (almost twice as long per fight) so it gets annoying I think that is our main issue here, so my proposal is as follows, reduce the difficulty of the matchups from 2x the difficulty to 1.2-1.5 times PI tops and maybe x2 in an option of matchup for the players that want to make more points, this way fights take less time and we aren’t punished for not playing perfectly all the time like in AQ which is a justified time to concentrate, arena is supposed to be fun and to pass the time. It’s a fair change don’t you think? Taking 2 hrs to do what we used to do in an hour is too much, please reconsider.
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Roccohr said:

Alright now that I’ve cooled down a bit @Kabam Miike I’ve been able to go through arenas more often. The changes aren’t all bad however when using r4 5*, r1 6*, r3 5* and r5 4* we get punished with tough matches that shouldn’t be so bad. Like I posted in a previous post sometimes a single mistake is enough to lose our streak and it’s a pain to get back to x3 multiplier, the champs we are up against when using the ranks I mentioned are the top champs in the game since no one ranks up low tier champs, fights against void, ebony maw, warlock, Hyperion even with the more aggressive AI if a mistake is made it’s a 5 combo KO as well as it takes forever now to grind properly (almost twice as long per fight) so it gets annoying I think that is our main issue here, so my proposal is as follows, reduce the difficulty of the matchups from 2x the difficulty to 1.2-1.5 times PI tops and maybe x2 in an option of matchup for the players that want to make more points, this way fights take less time and we aren’t punished for not playing perfectly all the time like in AQ which is a justified time to concentrate, arena is supposed to be fun and to pass the time. It’s a fair change don’t you think? Taking 2 hrs to do what we used to do in an hour is too much, please reconsider.

One issue is there are still relatively few players that can sport a roster of 3 R3 6*s. So, we consistently get matched against the same death squads all running suicides
  • GiedraGiedra Posts: 124
    Arenas are a complete mess after the "update." Huge death matches appear MUCH more frequently. Trying to "buy it down" only results in a loss of units; not better match ups. Kabam - if "buying down" is not going to work - remove the option. This is not fun at all. Bottom line: please put arenas back to before the update. Shame on you Kabam.
  • OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 61
    edited October 2020
    So I calmed down after my lengthy venting post and decided to play the arenas again to see if I unfairly judged the changes..
    Nope, I sure didn't.
    In fact, I have two more points to make. Again, I am sure others have made these points but I need the therapeutic benefit of getting them off my chest.
    First, I find it interesting that when you go against a Deathmatch they are almost always the same players. I went against the same players champions 5 times in a row. Funny (cough) how it was always 6R3 Domino, Green Goblin and Wasp all great defense champs. Personally, it would be very far into the future before I took my 6 star Green Goblin up to rank 3. I marveled (another cough) at the coincidence that Domino and Doom always seemed to be in the mix. However, if the game is truly picking players that have multiple 6r3's wouldn't you see a Symbiote Supreme, Sunspot, Ghost or a strong offense but not defense champ in the mix? I preferred it when you fought Kang's or Thanos's team. At least then you knew it was the game throwing what it wants against you and not using a players champs to act like it is a random occurrence. So if you are going to throw these 6r3 champs at us, give us a fighting chance.
    I am sure Kabam is going to make changes to this new iteration of arenas because of the overwhelming poor feedback but I want to add my last point. So lastly, (I really want this to be the end), arenas is the part of the game us poor schlubs that get crappy champs can actually benefit from them. So when I got a 6 star Superior Iron Man or duped Civil Warrior I thought well at least that's 60,000 extra points in arenas. I've actually grown to really like some of the champs I initially wrote off due to playing them in arenas (Man-Thing, Terrax).
    I am now going to take a nap and dream of the arenas of old, from two days ago. :)
  • WarrenCoxWarrenCox Posts: 33

WarrenCox said:

There was a change to the 5* Featured Arena matchmaking algorithm a while back that made 5r2 champs unviable as you would get a deathmatch. Now they have made a change that makes 5r3 unviable. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Kabam just wants you to rank up rubbish champs in order to compete in Arena. F2P summoners won’t do that and they don’t matter to Kabam. Simple as that.

That wasn't a change. That was the result of more of the highest-Ranked Champs being in the game. When the ceiling rises, the Total PI required increases. Not greatly. It always levels off.
    Yeah i heard people argue that previously but the difference was clearly noticeable immediately after an update. I didn’t buy that argument then either. I don’t think it garnered quite so much attention as this change as taking a champ to 5r2 takes very little rare resources compared to taking a champ to 5r3. You don’t take a meme champ beyond 5r2 unless they might be useful/have a synergy that might create another good Arena team.

Now we have jumped from making any 5r2 useless in Arena even as part of a synergy team, to making any 5r3 a total liability even if teamed with two 5r4. That’s a big shift.

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★

From my experience, the first 20 fights are definitely easier, but after that i’m just getting deathmatched with mostly everyone other than r5 5 stars. Yeah, the deathmatches aren’t as bad as before, however the fact that arena has gotten harder and more time consuming is completely the opposite of what the intended goal was for making arena easier. This change is definitely worse than how it was before.

I noticed this in the t1a arena and forgot they said arena changes were happening today. During what I considered infinite streak territory (20+ rounds) I started getting deathmatched with 5r5s once I switched to my 5r3s.

Not working as intended I think!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    WarrenCox said:

WarrenCox said:

There was a change to the 5* Featured Arena matchmaking algorithm a while back that made 5r2 champs unviable as you would get a deathmatch. Now they have made a change that makes 5r3 unviable. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. Kabam just wants you to rank up rubbish champs in order to compete in Arena. F2P summoners won’t do that and they don’t matter to Kabam. Simple as that.

That wasn't a change. That was the result of more of the highest-Ranked Champs being in the game. When the ceiling rises, the Total PI required increases. Not greatly. It always levels off.
    Yeah i heard people argue that previously but the difference was clearly noticeable immediately after an update. I didn’t buy that argument then either. I don’t think it garnered quite so much attention as this change as taking a champ to 5r2 takes very little rare resources compared to taking a champ to 5r3. You don’t take a meme champ beyond 5r2 unless they might be useful/have a synergy that might create another good Arena team.

Now we have jumped from making any 5r2 useless in Arena even as part of a synergy team, to making any 5r3 a total liability even if teamed with two 5r4. That’s a big shift.

To be precise, this is a result of the new changes. The shift back then was because the ceiling rose. They're also examining it at the moment. I agree that it's a problem. I'm just pointing out that the latter wasn't any kind of intentional change. It was from the pool increasing.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Joeseki said:

The way I’ve adapted in the 5* arena is to expect to lose my streak around fight 20-24. I restart the streak. There are no more Kant or thanks teams (well maybe one or two if you use max champs). But my score is higher now because I’m using 58 trash to start first 5 fights then get 6* at x3 multiplier. So in effect I’m using more of my 5* champs than I did before.

It’s a longer grind which is tedious, not anything I think kanamycin wants their game to become. But I don’t think scores will be affected by much in the long run.

Loving your spell checker :D
  • YawYeetYawYeet Posts: 34
    Yeah after some grinding I have to say, this update is terrible. Would rather have it rolled back and deal with all or nothing AI lol.
  • MAYASMAYAS Posts: 12
    Why no one is replying to summoners complaints.
    It becomes unfair fights and its boring fighting that hard teams in arena. Better to use this skills and focused fights in act 6 or vairiant rather than insane match up. Really disappointed on how they ignored our feedback
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I decided not to comment on this until I had run a sufficient amount of arena. I do like some things better. Certainly the fact that the AI no longer has the AON tendency is nice. I also like that I can run a full team of R1 5*s after an established streak and still get a manageable match. But overall I agree it's a fail. I'm not a huge arena grinder but when I do run it I want to be able to play it while doing something else once the streak is established. Running a team of R1 6*s now gets me 50k-60k matches. It's nice that they are manageable and Doom isn't going to hold for a special 3, but I also don't want to have to fight him every round lol. Most of the time I only run 6*s with some R5 5*s after round 20 and that's no longer going to be possible to do playing mindlessly. Honestly all they needed to do to make arena more enjoyable was nix the AON tendancy. That would've stopped the odd death match from killing your streak and it would've made establishing the streak less tedious. Despite the positive changes I prefer what we had to this.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

Alright everybody, thanks for your patience. I come with news!

After a bunch of testing and conversations, we're going to be reverting the changes to Matchmaking. The goal is to have that ready for the next run of Red Goblin on Monday. This will not affect the changes to AI, which have been pretty popular.

There is a chance that the changes will not be ready for Monday, though those chances are slim.

Once again, thank you for your patience as we worked to address this.

Arena AI Has Definitely Changed For The Worse. I Try To Bait And They Do Not Special Attack, Rather, Hold Block Or Do Nothing.
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    What should i do with my 38 or so 6* now?!? What's even the purpose of trying for more 6* at all? There are so many utterly useless champs in this game and the 5* featured arena was the only place where they served any purpose. What a complete was of time it is to try and get more 6* now. They've gone from bad to useless with this change. Trying to play with an R1 6* in this arena will only serve to kill my streak. You say you want to do this for new players because they might not know about how the infinite streak works why not simply explain it? Why have everything in this game be so ambiguous? Why punish your longtime players because we utilize mechanics that have been consistent for YEARS!?!? How do you justify this??
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

What should i do with my 38 or so 6* now?!? What's even the purpose of trying for more 6* at all? There are so many utterly useless champs in this game and the 5* featured arena was the only place where they served any purpose. What a complete was of time it is to try and get more 6* now. They've gone from bad to useless with this change. Trying to play with an R1 6* in this arena will only serve to kill my streak. You say you want to do this for new players because they might not know about how the infinite streak works why not simply explain it? Why have everything in this game be so ambiguous? Why punish your longtime players because we utilize mechanics that have been consistent for YEARS!?!? How do you justify this??

Read Kabam Miike's post about 10 minutes ago.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Moot4Life said:

After a bunch of testing and conversations, we're going to be reverting the changes to Matchmaking. The goal is to have that ready for the next run of Red Goblin on Monday. This will not affect the changes to AI, which have been pretty popular.

There is a chance that the changes will not be ready for Monday, though those chances are slim.

Arena AI Has Definitely Changed For The Worse. I Try To Bait And They Do Not Special Attack, Rather, Hold Block Or Do Nothing.
    Which arena are you seeing this in? The AI change was only in arenas where you can't use 1 or 2-Star Champions, so the Punishing Arena would not be affected.
    Oh. That Was The Arena, Lol.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★

Ok so likely a stupid question: Will we be able to use our 1/25s and 3/30s safely? Or will they cause a 4x match?
  • Lucky_WeksLucky_Weks Posts: 13

Rather than Fighting 2 to 3 times PI Opponents In Arena, Why not just add 4x 5x 6x Multiple Point In ARENA. Its Better Than Have To Fighting Hard Mode In The New Arena And Only Add 10% Point Than The Old Arena. Please Read This. Adding The More More Multiple Points Will Be More Easy For the Summoners Than Fighting The Deadmatch Team.