**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I don’t know if there is any Beta program in Kabam, otherwise these kinds of unnecessary breakdown in player communication and expectation won’t happen.

According to General Feedback Threads, players want less repetitive arena, less defensive AI (hold block at corner without any move), reform the old / stale arena milestones, better chance to obtain champs I/O forcing players to grind 24/7 in 3 days, and etc. Dev Diary acknowledged and promised to bring improvements. However,

BRINGING DEATH MATCHES CONSECUTIVELY AFTER 20 STREAKS SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS IMPROVEMENT AT ALL.

So, Kabam team, please communicate for your intended change in Arena other than one-off Dev Diary please. If the so-called arena improvement promise simply means death matches and if your team still thinking “ hey guys, it’s more challenging now? Why you guys reject it!?”, then I think you will lose more players.
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

Alright everybody, thanks for your patience. I come with news!

After a bunch of testing and conversations, we're going to be reverting the changes to Matchmaking. The goal is to have that ready for the next run of Red Goblin on Monday. This will not affect the changes to AI, which have been pretty popular.

There is a chance that the changes will not be ready for Monday, though those chances are slim.

Once again, thank you for your patience as we worked to address this.

Thanks for your (and the dev team) attention and response.
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    edited October 2020

After a bunch of testing and conversations, we're going to be reverting the changes to Matchmaking. The goal is to have that ready for the next run of Red Goblin on Monday. This will not affect the changes to AI, which have been pretty popular.

There is a chance that the changes will not be ready for Monday, though those chances are slim.

Ok so likely a stupid question: Will we be able to use our 1/25s and 3/30s safely? Or will they cause a 4x match?
    In the 4 Star Featured, you can use 2 1/25's with a 3/45, or a 2 3/30 with a 5/50 4 Star after 20 wins, by the old formula.
    In the 5 Star Featured/Crystal Trove, you can use a 1/25, with a 2/35, and a 3/45, or a 3/30 with a 4/40, and a 5/50.
    You can use double 1/25's if you're using a 4/55

After 13 wins in the 4 Star Featured, run maxed out 4 Stars, or 5 Stars above 3/45
    After 13 Wins in the 5 Star Featured, run a 4/55 with 2 3/45 or 5/50, after 17 wins, 3/45 or 5/50 to 20 wins.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Rather than Fighting 2 to 3 times PI Opponents In Arena, Why not just add 4x 5x 6x Multiple Point In ARENA. Its Better Than Have To Fighting Hard Mode In The New Arena And Only Add 10% Point Than The Old Arena. Please Read This. Adding The More More Multiple Points Will Be More Easy For the Summoners Than Fighting The Deadmatch Team.
    You have more accessible 5* / 6* Arena Boost via Supreme Solo Crystals now.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I do hope this isn’t the final change made and you continue to work towards making it possible for players not to need to rank for arena to participate without specialized knowledge about building teams by scrolling. I think it’s beneficial to include as many people in the arenas as possible so I’m sad many players will lose their ability to use all their champions.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

It’s the right call here. I think there were good pieces from this, such as actually being able to use a team of all R1 5* past the 10th fight, but the negatives outweighed the positives.

Thanks for listening to the community! Eventually this will all get tuned right
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I'll spend some time thinking about it and see if I can come up with a suggestion.

I do hope this isn’t the final change made and you continue to work towards making it possible for players not to need to rank for arena to participate without specialized knowledge about building teams by scrolling. I think it’s beneficial to include as many people in the arenas as possible so I’m sad many players will lose their ability to use all their champions.

I think that's the goal. We were exploring some more options and ideas, but those would have taken more than just a day or two to implement, so in the meantime, this is the solution. I want a world where the Infinite streak is not necessary, and you don't need to know a crazy formula that is always changing in order to succeed.
    Well, the biggest issues currently, are at 5/50, 3/45, and 4/45+1/25, I think these instances can be eased by going up ONE rank in these circumstances. The rest is manageable as I have a win streak over 170, with 9 million in the 4 star featured. I sandbag the 3/45 5 Stars with a 1/25, and I can use the 3/45 on the stronger opponent and the 1/25 on the other two. 95% of the complaints are coming from the 6/3 pain point because nobody will rank 3 a garbage champion like Moon Knight, Deadpool X-Force, etc.

I think that's the goal. We were exploring some more options and ideas, but those would have taken more than just a day or two to implement, so in the meantime, this is the solution. I want a world where the Infinite streak is not necessary, and you don't need to know a crazy formula that is always changing in order to succeed.
    Well, the biggest issues currently, are at 5/50, 3/45, and 4/45+1/25, I think these instances can be eased by going up ONE rank in these circumstances. The rest is manageable as I have a win streak over 170, with 9 million in the 4 star featured. I sandbag the 3/45 5 Stars with a 1/25, and I can use the 3/45 on the stronger opponent and the 1/25 on the other two. 95% of the complaints are coming from the 6/3 pain point because nobody will rank 3 a garbage champion like Moon Knight, Deadpool X-Force, etc.
    It's really about Total PI. Not the Rank of what you're using. I usually stay above a certain PI, and only use my lower ones with two stronger Champs. I rarely run into an issue.
    The sweet spot is around 10-12k. Closer to 12 to be on the safe side.
    It also includes Boosts, so if you're like me and have 10s and 20s expiring, throwing them on when you're pushing through with your lower Champs can help. I realize that's not the solution people are asking for, but it may help for the time being.
  • SonOfLarsSonOfLars Posts: 16
    Arena fights are now taking way too long! Way longer than before! And the match ups are much worse too! Was the goal of these changes to make it so less people do the arenas? I know that is not the stated goal, but it sure feels like it could have been, based upon the results of the changes!
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 334 ★★★

Thank you for your patience in listening to our complaints and for your efficiency in delivering the message to the developer team. In this case arenas will actually be much better as the real pain point was the very passive a.i. in the first few fights before entering the streak. The idea of making the fights challenging by giving us all the time opponents that were way stronger than us was really bad and I also believe that whoever spends time grinding arenas doesn't want to focus on the fights as much as he does during a fight in aw!!! Or else it's just too stressful and tiresome to grind

• This definitely fells worse, this is my third time hitting a so called death match. All at round 19 or 20. Seem to hit all or nothing enemies, I tried to bait this magik for about 2 minutes and she would not throw tell she hit 3.
  • HecHec Posts: 9

Thank you very much for a quick solution! Definitely Kudos to fixing it after just one round of the arenas. And the AI not being affected is awesome! AI was definitely the biggest pain, especially during the first 20 fights or so.
    Again, Thank you very much for handling this the right way!
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Me: trying to find some silver lining with the (hopefully temporary as previously stated) absurdity of the matchmaking now

Loki / Carnage / Electro = Beyond-God Tier confirmed
    Hieitaku said:

Me: trying to find some silver lining with the (hopefully temporary as previously stated) absurdity of the matchmaking now

Loki / Carnage / Electro = Beyond-God Tier confirmed

Carnage would do OK vs Warlock spamming heavies since Warlock is a noodle without armor. The other two, well played.
  • KillgannonCKillgannonC Posts: 3
    Thanks @Kabam Miike ; very solid compromise while working towards the overall desired end result.
  • Dromar_13Dromar_13 Posts: 56

You guys really love dropping the ball, smh
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    The bigger they are, the harder they fall (and more points for us)
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203

This is great news, thank you sir.
  • ParitParit Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike so happy to hear this.
    Thanks a lot.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    SonOfLars said:

Arena fights are now taking way too long! Way longer than before! And the match ups are much worse too! Was the goal of these changes to make it so less people do the arenas? I know that is not the stated goal, but it sure feels like it could have been, based upon the results of the changes!

What am I missing here? I love these fights and the new matchmaking. With the new AI these deathmatches are actually easier, because these high PI teams almost always come with suicide mastery. I got these matches now and they are easy kills most of the time. A few fights take some more work but most of them I literally just watch them kill themselves with recoil. Too bad it is reverting to the old way.
  • PathanSalarPathanSalar Posts: 24

I’m sorry but these recent changes are bad for the game. There is zero scenario here where these are treated as fun scenarios, and most can be deathmatches.

Why were these changes made? To annoy progressing players? To annoy veterans?

There was nothing wrong with the infinite streak in the arena.

Right, i normally dont expect much because i am free to play here, but aboit arena it feels, because i know people who invest hours and hours in arena. They have ranked up maximum champs for arena purpose. So they deserve infinity streak and some better rewards. I am playing arena since last 2 years and 90% of the time i never lose streak but in 2 days i lost streaks 4 to 5 times. May be i am noob.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Well that was quick... was able to reach streak 29 starting r1 5* and upward. Sure it was hard, but it was doable as hell because the AI throw their specials more now. Yeah lots of deathsquad, but I rather have them that way with the new arena changes if it gives a player more points to finish milestones faster then zero complaining.