**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Convention Clash - Review

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
Let me start by saying God, was this a good event. No rewards? No problem. It doesn't matter when you make something that's genuinely fun and challenging.

Both Maestros are a nice warmup and a solid challenge for new players that wanna give this event a try.
Same with Competition Thanos.

Then you get to Grand Final Thanos and this is where the need for skill starts. He's a really well designed fight that you can get through with any champ.

I know The Champion is technically the last fight, but we all know who the real boss was and I'ma save him for last. The Champion fight is one that I always thought was a masterpiece, even pre-nerf. I'm a little sad that this wasn't the pre-nerfed version, but this was still an enjoyable fight and I was able to redeem myself by getting a solo after barely failing to get it in my recent run through Act 6 completion. It's not much of a challenge, but I still think it's very fun and you can try with lower or unorthodox champions and have a real good time.

Now Nameless Thanos. Man oh man is this a fun fight. It's so well designed and I'm so glad I finally had a shot at him after all this time. I struggled a lot, mainly due to my suckiness with reversed controls. This fight is entirely skill based and we really need more fights like it. Very Grandmaster-esque.

Overall, Nameless Thanos had me going back and back so many times for a solo and I'm so happy to say I got it and enjoyed every second of it.
I didn't need any rewards to say I thoroughly enjoyed this event and these titles and dope pfp are such a cool and unnecessary bonus. Please bring this kind of event back regularly.

If you're interested in who I used, I powered through the first 3 fights with Stealthy. I used Havok for both Grand Final and Nameless Thanos by playing around his initial phases, and saving a Sp3 for the final 30%. SS for the Champion.

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    How did you beat Nameless? I get to his final phase and he just blocks until sp3
  • Chewie420Chewie420 Posts: 96
    Nameless last phase is ridiculous lol
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I also loved the fights. the only part I didn't like was that the ai was pretty passive, which isn't good for that last fight. And in the first or second fights, sometimes he throws specials even if you're holding block, and other times he holds on to them. Really fun though. And I haven't done 6.2.6 yet, but my 4* doom almost soloed him and would have soloed if I didn't mess up
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The only reason I will do this is to refight Nameless Thanos and give more punishment to him after he pounded me into learning intercepts during the EQ a couple of years back.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

How did you beat Nameless? I get to his final phase and he just blocks until sp3

intercept stops him during unstoppable
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Odachi said:

Crcrcrc said:

intercept stops him during unstoppable
    It cancels the unstoppable? No wonder he kept getting to sp3 right when it ended
  • I also loved the fights. the only part I didn't like was that the ai was pretty passive, which isn't good for that last fight. And in the first or second fights, sometimes he throws specials even if you're holding block, and other times he holds on to them. Really fun though. And I haven't done 6.2.6 yet, but my 4* doom almost soloed him and would have soloed if I didn't mess up

I felt the ai was very passive except from nameless for me which is needed for phase 1. That son of a gun
  • Etjama said:

Let me start by saying God, was this a good event. No rewards? No problem. It doesn't matter when you make something that's genuinely fun and challenging.

Both Maestros are a nice warmup and a solid challenge for new players that wanna give this event a try.

Then you get to Grand Final Thanos and this is where the need for skill starts. He's a really well designed fight that you can get through with any champ.

I know The Champion is technically the last fight, but we all know who the real boss was and I'ma save him for last. The Champion fight is one that I always thought was a masterpiece, even pre-nerf. I'm a little sad that this wasn't the pre-nerfed version, but this was still an enjoyable fight and I was able to redeem myself by getting a solo after barely failing to get it in my recent run through Act 6 completion. It's not much of a challenge, but I still think it's very fun and you can try with lower or unorthodox champions and have a real good time.

Now Nameless Thanos. Man oh man is this a fun fight. It's so well designed and I'm so glad I finally had a shot at him after all this time. I struggled a lot, mainly due to my suckiness with reversed controls. This fight is entirely skill based and we really need more fights like it. Very Grandmaster-esque.

Overall, Nameless Thanos had me going back and back so many times for a solo and I'm so happy to say I got it and enjoyed every second of it.
    I didn't need any rewards to say I thoroughly enjoyed this event and these titles and dope pfp are such a cool and unnecessary bonus. Please bring this kind of event back regularly.

If you're interested in who I used, I powered through the first 3 fights with Stealthy. I used Havok for both Grand Final and Nameless Thanos by playing around his initial phases, and saving a Sp3 for the final 30%. SS for the Champion.

How did you use havok exactly? So far I used colossus for everyone but im stuck on nameless. Venom has been my best run so far
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★
    Good stuff man! This really motivates me to go back and get that nameless thanos solo. Good thing I have a few weeks to get those runs in.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Etjama said:

How did you use havok exactly? So far I used colossus for everyone but im stuck on nameless. Venom has been my best run so far
    I hit him a bit to get him to his first phase, worked up to a Sp3 and threw it to get to the second, threw some Sp1's, heavies and basic combos to let the plasma tick him down. Then I made sure to have a lot of plasmas on him and throw a heavy when he was right over 40% before he went stun immune and I couldn't heavy him (you can't even counter his heavy) and I started saving up power. Then when I got to the final phase, I intercepted, tanked a Sp3 with safeguard, intercepted again when I got to my own Sp3 and threw it.
    edited October 2020
    hefy2000 said:

Good stuff man! This really motivates me to go back and get that nameless thanos solo. Good thing I have a few weeks to get those runs in.

Hefy! Yeah have a shot, man. I'm sure you can do it. Took me a ton of tries though, ngl.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    It's a fun event with quality boss fights.
    @Etjama you nailed it.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    nameless thanos I quite enjoyed, I had very high health coming into his 3rd phase at 30% and Hype completley smashed him.

nameless thanos I quite enjoyed, I had very high health coming into his 3rd phase at 30% and Hype completley smashed him.

Lol, I had 22% health going into his final phase and had to tank a Sp3 with safeguard. 2% when I came out of it. If I missed my final intercept, I would've been so dead. 😂

It's a fun event with quality boss fights.
    @Etjama you nailed it.

Thank you, my dude.
  • Aight ima try that. My havok is r3 so lemme see what I can do

Aight ima try that. My havok is r3 so lemme see what I can do

Good luck, man! I'm guessing you don't mean R3 6*? 😂

Mine was R5 and I still struggled. Not the most skilled player out there.
  • Etjama said:

Aight ima try that. My havok is r3 so lemme see what I can do

Good luck, man! I'm guessing you don't mean R3 6*? 😂

Mine was R5 and I still struggled. Not the most skilled player out there.
    Nope haha. I did r4 him just now though and saw improvement 🤣
  • Update, havok wasn't doin it for me. However, BWDO has been working wonders. Got nameless to 2% but slipped
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed the event. Rank 5 AA for the first 4 bosses. Rank 5 G2099 for the nameless Thanos. Rank 3 sym sup for champion boss.

No items, all soloes.
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    I enjoyed the whole fights

Update, havok wasn't doin it for me. However, BWDO has been working wonders. Got nameless to 2% but slipped

F
  • Etjama said:

Update, havok wasn't doin it for me. However, BWDO has been working wonders. Got nameless to 2% but slipped

F
    😭
  • MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    I cleared the first 4 fights easily now I am stuck at nameless, I consistently bring him down to 40% of his hp (guess I need to stop parrying)and then I die, I used r4 havok,r4 doom or r3 hyperion , dying each time gives me pointers for next attempt ,enjoying this very much, more events like this should come (no reward ,just a challenge is enough).
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I got the Thanos before Nameless down to like 5% with AA, got excited, lost concentration and died.
    Now I'm mad at myself

Super excited to have a go at Nameless, although I doubt I can get him down because I just cannot do reversed controls.