**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

i hop into Arena this morning and the first match it gives me all Hard fights right out the gate.

Atleast they can be baited with ease. You just started to hop into arena this morning as just started to build streak? give it some few hours and you maybe change your mind.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    @Daddrieda. I understand your point to a degree but it’s the time it takes to get through matches of those difficulties that concerns me the most. Just because I can get the through Red Hulk in LoL with a one shot using several different champs certainly doesn’t mean I want to face him in arena.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

i hop into Arena this morning and the first match it gives me all Hard fights right out the gate.

Atleast they can be baited with ease. You just started to hop into arena this morning as just started to build streak? give it some few hours and you maybe change your mind.
    yep it was the first match of the arena. didn't give me the typical Easy to start .. it went straight to all Hard fights.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

I actually preferred the changes. Yes you get harder match ups in general after a certain point, but they were still easily beatable, and now if you go any lower than R3s again.. death matches will be back.. whereas with the changes I was going all the way through my 5*s and most my 4*s..

At least AI isn't getting changed back. Roll on people crying about 4x death matches again starting next week.

I'll tell you where you're wrong.
    Going through my 6 stars and r4 or above 5 stars is 24 runs. Gets me 3 mil points per run.
    It used to be an hour of effortless grind in front of the television or at a queue or a commute.
    I really do not wish or aspire to use my 130 4 stars or my other 60 5 stars. It's tedious and time consuming. I want my milestones, 11-30% rank rewards, and that's it.

With the changes that are now being reverted (thank you @Kabam Miike ) i had to actually pay attention and attempt perfect gameplay to finish my milestones and it took twice as much time. Also, using my top champs or just r3 and above - i never encountered x4 death matches before. So why would i complain about it when they roll back?
    The counter argument is that people who would leisurely play just for lower tier prizes wasn’t the intent of the change. You could still put in the point for 11-30% and in reasonable time.

Your issue is more a personal one called lack of roster. I am an arena grinder that would put up 70-80 million and spend 8+ hours a day grinding all my 6*s and 5*s. Very few people put in that type of grinding.

The change, along with the expansion of the top 300, would lower the cutoff for the top champ dramatically. You might have even seen a drop in the score needed to retain top 10%.

Kabam was also trying to restore viability of the 4*-below r3 5* in the grind by reducing the max PI to just 2x the players team’s. I actually see what they were trying to do from a true arena grinder perspective.

Trust me, I have 5 yrs experience grinding the arena back when the 4* basic was all the rage. The ones I see mainly upset (and with some justification) is those that were arena casuals that targeted a lower tier for awards.

What you are not looking at is that everyone has the same issue you were... many players wouldn’t put in the time or the extra run to get the points needed. So, there may not have been a change to the score needed, as the tier’s points might drop naturally. You are speaking only based on the current time needed.

11-30% should be obtainable on a score of 13-14 million. Trust me, I know... 16-17million is the cutoff for 10%. I would put in that every week there was a 5* champ I didn’t need or want.

As for the time it takes? That is a personal choice. You either do or don’t put in the time for the rewards. However, sticking to a “score” on a limited roster, you would eventually have to increase your time as other players’ rosters improved and scores naturally increase over time. Just saying that from a true arena grinders perspective... don’t blame the game for your lack of commitment to the rewards you aspire to achieve.
    I actually have a robust 30 r5/r2 roster and a total of 30 6 stars.
    My problem is actually called 'time' which needs to be kept at a minimum due to work and family.
    With the previous arena, 1h per day to get my milestones and decent rank was within reason. I have 0 intention to use my entire lower tier roster. I sometimes even neglect my r4 5 stars for lack of time. So, anything above 1h a day was not worth my time.
    I believe i represent the majority of dedicated players. The 1% who grind through their entire teams for rank rewards do not represent the majority of players.and perhaps, they are the only ones who might enjoy the change that is about to be rolled back.
    Roster is exactly your problem, I can get 5.5 million with my 6*’s alone in one run. 3 runs equal more than enough points to get top 10%. Most people stop at milestones. Sorry mate, you are wrong with the amount of time needed. That is just a you problem. As I said antidotal.
    Daddrieda said:

this is at 5* featured Red Goblin arena. it would have been an deathsquad for sure if we go back to the old arena system. the newbie benefits this as us veteran.

Thank you... this was exactly the point of the changes.... stop the death squads on 4* and low rank 5*... the new max pi on matchmaking allowed for matches on R1 6* and R4 5* within those parameters... it was a true deathsquad, but 2x their strength. It is not an impossible task with the AI. But those that are just wanting milestones or lower their awards are dictating the arena mechanics based on how fast they want their awards. Not on the fact that lower players without rosters could compete and widen the pool, thus reducing targets.

All the players are looking at is the time per match and knee jerk reactions. Oh well, Kabam tried. Makes no big difference for me. I can compete either way and easily get my points and milestones.
    Nøx said:

@Daddrieda. I understand your point to a degree but it’s the time it takes to get through matches of those difficulties that concerns me the most. Just because I can get the through Red Hulk in LoL with a one shot using several different champs certainly doesn’t mean I want to face him in arena.

i don't see any difference with like 10 seconds extra or so if the AI just keep throwing powers non-stop.

I actually preferred the changes. Yes you get harder match ups in general after a certain point, but they were still easily beatable, and now if you go any lower than R3s again.. death matches will be back.. whereas with the changes I was going all the way through my 5*s and most my 4*s..

At least AI isn't getting changed back. Roll on people crying about 4x death matches again starting next week.

Going through my 6 stars and r4 or above 5 stars is 24 runs. Gets me 3 mil points per run.
    It used to be an hour of effortless grind in front of the television or at a queue or a commute.
    I really do not wish or aspire to use my 130 4 stars or my other 60 5 stars. It's tedious and time consuming. I want my milestones, 11-30% rank rewards, and that's it.

With the changes that are now being reverted (thank you @Kabam Miike ) i had to actually pay attention and attempt perfect gameplay to finish my milestones and it took twice as much time. Also, using my top champs or just r3 and above - i never encountered x4 death matches before. So why would i complain about it when they roll back?
    Thats you. You dont want to grind all your champions that's your choice. When you're on your infinite streak next week.. go use R1s.. see what you get as a result.

You want milestones. I want to push to use all my champs.. so I'm wrong because you don't want to use everyone? And people who actually want to use the full extent of their rosters need to be punished because youre happy with milestones? Using just my 6*s and 5*s I reached 15mil within 6 hours of arena going live. Yet this isn't a pro player move?

I do love that people cry that they actually have to put a little bit of thought into a fight, in a combat based game
    Agreed with this. I rack up more points now cause i can now use all my 5* champions. With Streak Formula i have to depend on mixing a r5 or r4 5* with the lowest r1 5* to try to get much points as possible hence stop the progression from fully using all 5* if i run out of r5 and r4 5* champions by being affected to today META ranked champions. it won't be that long till 6* can be r4 so i rather this new arena system because it's still capped to 2x.
    edited October 2020
    @Kabam Miike i mean if the community still want the old system back depending of the majority of the vote, in fact do a vote pool and see what community think?, then perhaps that way with my suggested change below. The game team can do is to implement a infinite kang/thanos team that is still aggressive and throwing their specials as intended planned as well still capped to 2x, but with streak formula reverted back. It would create a check mark to the roadmap for this new arena update and await for the next arena update regarding auto help and cache filter to immediately use the next set of 3x champions to enter fights quicker. That's the best suggestion i can give to game team if still planned to revert to old arena system.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Thats you. You dont want to grind all your champions that's your choice. When you're on your infinite streak next week.. go use R1s.. see what you get as a result.

You want milestones. I want to push to use all my champs.. so I'm wrong because you don't want to use everyone? And people who actually want to use the full extent of their rosters need to be punished because youre happy with milestones? Using just my 6*s and 5*s I reached 15mil within 6 hours of arena going live. Yet this isn't a pro player move?

I do love that people cry that they actually have to put a little bit of thought into a fight, in a combat based game
    Personally I don't want to use all my Champs. I have almost 600. Lol.
    I do use my R1s though. I pair one of them up with two higher Champs. R2 5*s, R5 or R4 4*s. Sometimes even 2 R3 4*s. It's about Total PI, really. Just make sure you don't have two R1s and one strong. Not worth the chance.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    Daddrieda said:

Nøx said:

i don't see any difference with like 10 seconds extra or so if the AI just keep throwing powers non-stop.
    I haven’t found it to be only like 10 seconds more per fight and often have had trouble getting them to throw specials which because they’re stronger they throw many more of as well. The AI is more aggressive, usually, but you still frequently run into the same problems as always. It used to take me about 2 minutes per match but I’ve often had it take like 3 minutes or more so runs are taking about 1 1/2 times longer, or more, which is significant. What if you suddenly had to work 12 hour days instead of 8 or 1 1/2 times whatever you normally work, 15 instead of 10 for essentially the same pay? You very likely might even look for a new job.

But let’s look at what you said even more closely and say that’s accurate and matches take about 2 minutes, it’d still be adding 25% or 30 seconds to the time which adds up quickly if you do arena regularly. Even by your estimation a match that took 2 minutes now that’s 2 1/2 minutes. So your still looking at 10 hour days at work instead of 8. The time adds up over the course of the arena or week, month, etc...

edited October 2020

It is ridiculous! @Kabam Miike , please, explain how should I fight with 5* 3/45 champions against 6* 3/45???

The issue is that you put an R5 with 2 R3... you sandbagged your team. 30k vs 52k... it is still fair and within the 2x... You need to relearn how to put your teams together. Do two r5’s and one r3... it would clip the algorithm and give you the infinite streak... the new method is 100% total PI related

Please do not revert. Give it a week or two - let players relearn the algorithm and then.. review it. One arena is not a fair chance. This system is so much better

I wish, but they announced the revert. Basically, you need to balance out your team if you are making a team below about 29k... the closer you are to 30k the more you can lopside your team to include 1 lower rank champ. I could perform under each method, so no big loss for me.

I just think the new system would have dramatically lowered the 300 and up cutoff.
  • O_Deadpool_OO_Deadpool_O Posts: 137 ★★

It is ridiculous! @Kabam Miike , please, explain how should I fight with 5* 3/45 champions against 6* 3/45???

The issue is that you put an R5 with 2 R3... you sandbagged your team. 30k vs 52k... it is still fair and within the 2x... You need to relearn how to put your teams together. Do two r5’s and one r3... it would clip the algorithm and give you the infinite streak... the new method is 100% total PI related
    I always used my Aegon with these champions and everything was OK. It is ridiculous to use PI to find the fight. I play with full suicide so my 3/45 champions have the same PI as 4/55 without suicide. But it cannot be right that I fight with 5* 3/45 against 6* 3/45. Even with suicide, PI does not show real strength of champions and it is the fight for 60+ hits.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    So, that new 11 hour 6* refresh timer, will it stay? Is it intended?
  • HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102

Please do not revert. Give it a week or two - let players relearn the algorithm and then.. review it. One arena is not a fair chance. This system is so much better

I have to disagree. This isn't ideal.
    How? Is 48 hours really a fair judgement on how it works? How long did it take for people to figure out the current algorithm?
    Took me about 120 matches.
    edited October 2020
    And it took me 208 matches to lose my streak, using 2 MEME tier champions nonetheless.

How? Is 48 hours really a fair judgement on how it works? How long did it take for people to figure out the current algorithm?
    There is no algorithm. That's the whole point. Previously, people understood a formula that allowed them to Grind with moderate resistance so they could amass Points. Now, if you're going past a certain Streak, you get Matches twice your strength. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. People can't use all their Champs. Not the majority, anyway.
    Glad I was part of the minority. I'm over 11 million in the 4 star Featured with a day left. I could run all of my roster, but I had to sandbag the 5 stars at Rank 3, and the 4 stars at Rank 5. Those pain points were a nightmare.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

There is no algorithm. That's the whole point. Previously, people understood a formula that allowed them to Grind with moderate resistance so they could amass Points. Now, if you're going past a certain Streak, you get Matches twice your strength. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. People can't use all their Champs. Not the majority, anyway.
    Glad I was part of the minority. I'm over 11 million in the 4 star Featured with a day left. I could run all of my roster, but I had to sandbag the 5 stars at Rank 3, and the 4 stars at Rank 5. Those pain points were a nightmare.
    I'm not sure why you were Sandbagging R3 5*s in the Infinite. Their PI is enough for the threshold.