**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ARENA CHANGES!!! Give it a chance.

I personally love the new system. The AI is aggressive enough to deal with higher pi matches. Its not a boring match after equal match. The best improvement in years. I can grab a team of r1 5*s and start playing with no worries of facing a 51k pi team. I hate that it is being changed back so soon because people cant adapt to a new system and pattern. BTW any noob could start playing arenas now and have good success if they have any skill at all. Great Job KABAM!!!!!

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I do like how you can use r1s but using r3/4 5* is a pain
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

The applicants who really play arenas I think they loved this new system, we had the possibility of using rank 1 equipment without having to deal with the death teams and now due to the complaints of some noobs we have to go back to score less points, a totally unnecessary change

Could not be more wrong.

I grind heavy and have huge ranked up roster and now I have to fight 3/45 every match with r1 6* champs. I don’t lose but it takes much longer and have to concentrate whereas before could just watch tv and play easy
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@DoubleDelta you’re off base, in the old system my r2 5s fought r2 5s, you just need to understand the formula so you can build your r2 teams to not trigger a death match.

The new system punishes people for ranking up their champions. If it stayed I might start begging for the opportunity to sell my 5 star champions so I could run r1 easy matches instead of 2x matches with every champion in my roster who is not within 1 of the max rank possible.

that "formula" was not an official part of the game.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

@DoubleDelta you’re off base, in the old system my r2 5s fought r2 5s, you just need to understand the formula so you can build your r2 teams to not trigger a death match.

The new system punishes people for ranking up their champions. If it stayed I might start begging for the opportunity to sell my 5 star champions so I could run r1 easy matches instead of 2x matches with every champion in my roster who is not within 1 of the max rank possible.

that "formula" was not an official part of the game.
    False, the formula was posted by miike, search for a 4x team and when it doesn’t return a result issue a like rated team.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited October 2020

What was that about sandbagging doesnt work?

dude the guy I stated that to did 2 r3 and 1 r5, the direct opposite of what you did
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    @DoubleDelta and I agree with you that the matches don’t take that much longer really. It is not like the people you are fighting are on nodes like in AW. Occasionally you might get a tough fight out of three when you have an unbalanced team. If you don’t mind losing one, you can have an easier two fights. But if someone attempts to sandbag with two lower ranks and one high level, you are putting yourself in a bad position. From what I can tell, after 25 matches you can push 30k and up and not really get a 2x squad... if you run 6* with high pi R4 5* you could be fine.

I don’t mind the 2x teams and find it a fair challenge. Kind of around Act 5 difficulty or later Epic EQ.
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85
    edited October 2020

The changes are perfect regarding the AI being more aggressive! But the matchmaking part is awful! Death matches galore. Streak 16 after loosing the initial run to death match after reaching 8 mill with original streak. Ran into 3 R3 6 stars maxed out. A bit silly really. This was the easiest option I could choose with the Rank 3 Aegon. But this what people are complaining about
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    I like new system too, I didn't find so many difficult. I found some hard fight and "infinite streak" doesn't work like before, but I think this system is very less boring than the old one. Honestly with new AI I enjoyed the "hardest" matches. I don't understand why if some players complain about it for 2 days they have to change back the system. Many players are complaining for 2 months about Cavalier EQ rewards but they didn't change :D
  • Underpar69Underpar69 Posts: 85

Another example, I got through that
  • Robby199696Robby199696 Posts: 85
    Why are people complaining about 6 star r1s and 5/65s vs r3 6 stars? It’s completely fair with the changes to the AI and more points than you used to get
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Changing it back benefits the end game players who have crazy big rosters and can get to a streak of 60+ rather easily.

All the change is going to do is give more end gamers featured 5*s while most of us have. I chance to get without spending a ton of units.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Why are people complaining about 6 star r1s and 5/65s vs r3 6 stars? It’s completely fair with the changes to the AI and more points than you used to get

because it's simply faster and more efficient with the old system
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Changing it back benefits the end game players who have crazy big rosters and can get to a streak of 60+ rather easily.

All the change is going to do is give more end gamers featured 5*s while most of us have. I chance to get without spending a ton of units.

I don’t quite get your logic. Under the old system, I can ignore death match up to a team of two 5*r2 plus one 5*r1......basically I can use my entire 5* team (over 150) under old system. Under the new system, I start to face death match from streak of 30s and 5*r3 team.

More ppl can get featured 5* under the new system? I don’t get it. Kabam relaxed the bar from top 150 to top 300 and it won’t change even using the old system. The competition for top tier is fierce and this 300 places can be filled easily no matter new or old system.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Reference said:

I don’t quite get your logic. Under the old system, I can ignore death match up to a team of two 5*r2 plus one 5*r1......basically I can use my entire 5* team (over 150) under old system. Under the new system, I start to face death match from streak of 30s and 5*r3 team.

More ppl can get featured 5* under the new system? I don’t get it. Kabam relaxed the bar from top 150 to top 300 and it won’t change even using the old system. The competition for top tier is fierce and this 300 places can be filled easily no matter new or old system.
    I have to agree with this. If anything, the new system means less Champs used.