**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HollywoodShonoHollywoodShono Posts: 102
    edited October 2020

Please do not revert. Give it a week or two - let players relearn the algorithm and then.. review it. One arena is not a fair chance. This system is so much better

I have to disagree. This isn't ideal.
    How? Is 48 hours really a fair judgement on how it works? How long did it take for people to figure out the current algorithm?
    There is no algorithm. That's the whole point. Previously, people understood a formula that allowed them to Grind with moderate resistance so they could amass Points. Now, if you're going past a certain Streak, you get Matches twice your strength. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. People can't use all their Champs. Not the majority, anyway.
    Glad I was part of the minority. I'm over 11 million in the 4 star Featured with a day left. I could run all of my roster, but I had to sandbag the 5 stars at Rank 3, and the 4 stars at Rank 5. Those pain points were a nightmare.
    I'm not sure why you were Sandbagging R3 5*s in the Infinite. Their PI is enough for the threshold.
    I don't have Sig 200 5 Stars, so my 7k-7.5k PI Rank 3's would get 5/65's, in fact I only have a handful awakened.
    When I sandbagged I was facing Rank 3's and 4's, the majority of the community will Rank 3 a meme tier for the old 5 star featured.

I did not test if I could run a Rank 4 with 2 Rank 3's and avoid maxed out 5 stars at high sig opponents.

Rank 2's I would not sandbag, could easily beat the Rank 4's because the champions I took up to Rank 2, outside of Red Cyclops early on in my MCOC career when I had Tier 1 Alpha expiring, can handle 2x opponents easily.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Please do not revert. Give it a week or two - let players relearn the algorithm and then.. review it. One arena is not a fair chance. This system is so much better

How? Is 48 hours really a fair judgement on how it works? How long did it take for people to figure out the current algorithm?
    There is no algorithm. That's the whole point. Previously, people understood a formula that allowed them to Grind with moderate resistance so they could amass Points. Now, if you're going past a certain Streak, you get Matches twice your strength. Which is the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. People can't use all their Champs. Not the majority, anyway.
    Glad I was part of the minority. I'm over 11 million in the 4 star Featured with a day left. I could run all of my roster, but I had to sandbag the 5 stars at Rank 3, and the 4 stars at Rank 5. Those pain points were a nightmare.
    I'm not sure why you were Sandbagging R3 5*s in the Infinite. Their PI is enough for the threshold.
    I don't have Sig 200 5 Stars, so my 7k-7.5k PI Rank 3's would get 5/65's, in fact I only have a handful awakened.
    When I sandbagged I was facing Rank 3's and 4's, the majority of the community will Rank 3 a meme tier for the old 5 star featured.
    Rank 2's I would not sandbag, could easily beat the Rank 4's because the champions I took up to Rank 2, outside of Red Cyclops early on in my MCOC career when I had Tier 1 Alpha expiring, can handle 2x opponents easily.
    Streak 1-9 Use whoever you want.
    Streak 10-14 Sandbag
    15-18 Use your highest
    18-Infinite No less than 12,000 PI total or so
    edited October 2020

Streak 10-14 Sandbag
    15-18 Use your highest
    This sounds like the old 4 star featured algorhythm. And 15k in the 5 Star Featured. I have a progressing roster so even at 20 wins I would sandbag all of the 4 and 5 stars and never got a deathmatch as long as I used Rank 3 4 Stars. I could get away with a Rank 2, if they had higher PI than the Rank 3's, and used a Rank 5, 4 star.

I usually rank 4 stars Fights 1-4
    Fights 5-10 I would run Rank 1 5 stars
    Fights 11-15/16 I would go back to the Rank 1 4 Stars
    Then 16-20 I would use a Rank 4 with 2 Rank 3's and get easy opponents
    This new Arena I can't do that anymore. I'll have to do more testing but 5/50 4 Stars even at 150+ wins gave me 5/65 5 Stars.

Streak 10-14 Sandbag
    15-18 Use your highest
    This sounds like the old 4 star featured algorhythm. And 15k in the 5 Star Featured. I have a progressing roster so even at 20 wins I would sandbag all of the 4 and 5 stars and never got a deathmatch as long as I used Rank 3 4 Stars. I could get away with a Rank 2, if they had higher PI than the Rank 3's, and used a Rank 5, 4 star.

I usually rank 4 stars Fights 1-4
    Fights 5-10 I would run Rank 1 5 stars
    Fights 11-15/16 I would go back to the Rank 1 4 Stars
    Then 16-20 I would use a Rank 4 with 2 Rank 3's and get easy opponents
    This new Arena I can't do that anymore. I'll have to do more testing but 5/50 4 Stars even at 150+ wins gave me 5/65 5 Stars.
    Your formula sounds too complicated.
    Also, I'm talking about the old Arena.

Yeah, I know how old arena worked. It's a bit more complicated than yours, because I only have 11 5 stars at or above Rank 3, and 12 4 Stars maxed. And I have 4 6 Stars, so even getting to 20 wins in the 5 Star Featured by using the same formula to get to 15 wins, then running a 6 Star, with 2 Rank 3 5 Stars, worked fine. At 17 wins, I could use maxed out 4 Stars just fine without an issue. It's a shame Iceman went for around 22 million, spent 5,000 units to get 40 million because at the time, I didn't have 5 or 6 Star Warlock, didn't have Aegon, Ghost, Omega Red, so I needed a double immune champ for Cavalier.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited October 2020
    new arena:
    + match matching in fight 7-14

- longer fights due to stronger average enemy
    - you cant use all your R3 5* in the infinity streak
    - both leading to less units per time played

One step forward two steps back.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    I agree with this. Because harder matchups give more points it was easier to get to milestones.

Yeah, I know how old arena worked. It's a bit more complicated than yours, because I only have 11 5 stars at or above Rank 3, and 12 4 Stars maxed. And I have 4 6 Stars, so even getting to 20 wins in the 5 Star Featured by using the same formula to get to 15 wins, then running a 6 Star, with 2 Rank 3 5 Stars, worked fine. At 17 wins, I could use maxed out 4 Stars just fine without an issue. It's a shame Iceman went for around 22 million, spent 5,000 units to get 40 million because at the time, I didn't have 5 or 6 Star Warlock, didn't have Aegon, Ghost, Omega Red, so I needed a double immune champ for Cavalier.
    Part of the Arena is having Champs that are Ranked enough, in a high enough number. Formula aside, that's part of it. The higher the Champs, the more Points we put up. Which means it takes time to have a Roster than can compete for Ranking. In the old system, you should have no issue using Max 4*s.
    Also, your formula still sounds off. Use any Champ for 1-9, no sense in using higher ones before x3 Multiplier. 10-14 or 15 should be Sandbagging. Not sure why you're using R1 5*s throughout that. 16-18 is the tough spot. If you're not using at least R4 5*s, you'll have trouble.
    For Sandbagging, use two R2 5*s and one Base Level 3* or under. You might want to use the higher PI 5*s for 13 or 14.
  • Anghel_2403Anghel_2403 Posts: 52
    edited October 2020

out
    RoOOts said:

new arena:
    + match matching in fight 7-14

- longer fights due to stronger average enemy
    - you cant use all your R3 5* in the infinity streak
    - both leading to less units per time played

One step forward two steps back.

I think you have tried us with ranks 2 or 1 .....
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

i have absolutely no idea what're you talking about. this is at 5* featured arena with streak. Perhaps it's the fear for losing the streak and feel let down and not wanting to build up streak again?. as mentioned before this is the 5* featured arena without algorithm. Now people gonna think i'm crazy for risking my streak to experiment, but i wanted to see if kabam was crazy or not. I choose to believe they did the right move because the veterans and newbie benefits this. it's only normal that we would face META champions as deathsquad and they are META for many reasons deserving to be at the highest rank position as possible, but that's where kabam is smart here making sure them AI is aggressive and firing their powers non-stop. the cap is capped at 2x so if you bring in a team of 20k PI total, then you will face opponent with 40k PI, but it's doable to win because they're, as i'm getting tired to use the same words, aggressive and firing their powers non-stop-

And it took me 208 matches to lose my streak, using 2 MEME tier champions nonetheless.

and i refuse to think you could lose to this as their powers are easy to evade. I do apologizing if you feel attacked as that wasn't my intention.
    people are most likely to only use their rank up materials on champions that have tons of utility or are part of the META list for different reasons then it's only normal we will face them more in arenas as they are the ''2x cap'' of our total PI of 3x champions selected.
  • PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    Thank you Kabam! Now the gameplay for the arenas are back to how they were when i started playing about 5-6 years ago. Much better!!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Thank you Kabam! Now the gameplay for the arenas are back to how they were when i started playing about 5-6 years ago. Much better!!

Back to a s*** system whereby you can use a fraction of the available champs, all because people don't want to sandbag, or face someone with a slightly higher PI, which isn't that much harder than what they'd fight anyway. As a result those with a massive ranked up roster will continue to get richer with less effort than those who want to desperately get a champion and grind as hard as they can for it.

Kabam make pro player changes.. players cry.. only people winning out of this are the top ones. Hey, glad I've got a half decent roster to carry me through. I'll be posting a 3x R1 4* match up once the changes are reverted. See who there can actually tell me that the reverted style is pro player.
    They have arenas for those weak rosters, 3* featured and 4* basic.
  • New system can be done with EQUAL Strength if whole team is either VERY LOW (full team of base level 4* 1/1, or full teams of base 5* 1/1) or VERY HIGH (all 5* r4 or 6* r1, or above).

VERY LOW, I tested in streak all the way from 6-15 and most times got similar 4* r1/1 (or 5* 1/1) teams (or maybe some at r1/xx, still easy). And even further into 20+ tried again and still easy opponent within 1 rank higher than my low team.

VERY HIGH (5* r4 teams got same rank opponents as mine).

UNBALANCED/SANDBAG (for any mid range, ie 4* 3/30, 4/40, 5/50, and 5* r2 and r3)...
    Able to use 2 of same strength (anywhere from 3/30 to 5/50, or 5* equiv), with 3rd spot being a “Throwaway Loss” 4*r1/1 champ. Opponents always only 1 rank higher than my 2 that I will WIN with.

**thus the benefit of keeping a bunch of 4* and 5* champs totally unranked/unleveled at r1/1 to use when doing UNBALANCED (whether with old system, or with new system).

VERY LOW...

UNBALANCED...

VERY HIGH...

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I don't think people wanted the old system back. But compared to the new one, old one was better. But, yes as Miike said, the goal is to move towards a system that does not have death matches.
    Pulyaman said:

I don't think people wanted the old system back. But compared to the new one, old one was better. But, yes as Miike said, the goal is to move towards a system that does not have death matches.

Well yes, I will agree that it's more complicated than the goal. However, the old one allows for long Grinding without adding extra stress. Grinds are stressful. Very stressful. I've had times where I was barely awake and still had to push through. Which means reflexes aren't ideal after 8 hours or so. I'm actually pleased with the 3* Milestone. Will they propel me? Not really. I still Grind every new 3* because I always want some new version. However, that one isn't bad. I can do 1.3 Mil or more in one day easily if I wait until the last minute. The higher Arenas are more intense, and the point is to maximize Points. If we run into twice the resistance for using R3/R4 5*s, that's not ideal.
  • Dino7878Dino7878 Posts: 32

isnt death match suppose to be gone. doesnt seem so, still exist else its just *oh not 2x, just a tiny bit less than 2x.". spending more time per match instead. more time consuming and stress.