**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IS IT JUST ME OR IS CAVALIER DIFFICULTY ABSURDLY EASY

Comments

• I’m just disappointed it’s a reskin of last month.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Cavalier getting boring: well maybe 🤔

Too easy, we complain, too difficult we tear the house down. I just do it for the rewards/resources afforded to me via cavalier, that’s all.

If I want a challenge I find that in Map 7 minis and bosses and AW, and pre-nerd act 6 and AoL.
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    edited October 2020
    If you're gonna brag, at least brag about exploration lol. Of course completion is easy. They said it themselves that they would leave 1 path very easy for people to complete.
    MCOC Team said:

We are building an easy path in each Quest so that any Cavalier player can attempt to obtain the completion rewards without a super-wide roster.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Jazzy011 said:

If you're gonna brag, at least brag about exploration lol. Of course completion is easy. They said it themselves that they would leave 1 path very easy for people to complete.

MCOC Team said:

We are building an easy path in each Quest so that any Cavalier player can attempt to obtain the completion rewards without a super-wide roster.

Is this really the case though? I found the difficulty of the whole thing pretty even, even between the chapters. I couldn’t tell you what was the easy path in any quest and I fully explored with two accounts. Path difficulty came down to individual fights vs roster more than anything.

Re cav difficulty they could definitely turn it up a notch on a few paths per quest and counter that by actually having an easy path and better completion rewards balance to cater for those who are struggling as is, due to newer rosters or whatever.

• JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    edited October 2020
    I think Cavalier difficulty is awful. It's a giant leap in difficulty over Uncollected, which I've been able to explore every month for at least a year now. It's impossible to get through without potions and revives. It takes countless re-entries with different team members to find out who I have that might both work against the nodes and happens to be ranked high enough to be useful. I don't have the time or resources to do this every month while I'm still struggling to get through Act 6 and variants. I got one path completed through the first 4 parts last month and gave up. This month I couldn't even get through one path of part 1 without burning through resources. I'm done with it. It's just going to be content that gets ignored and is useless to me.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    With a solid ranked roster, it's pretty straightforward. Use the path nodes to your advantage and bring solid counters w/ some decent game play for the bosses and it can be cleared w/o much issue.

Link to my playlist that has all my Cav EQ boss fight takedowns [30 in total], using a variety of champs (most solo's but got some fails with backup assists):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8lSJe5FQxI&list=PLo6EDgW5CdIN7SqCnpQKEVp5KCh77EJqJ
  • SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Yeah, it’s easy. I wouldn’t say *absurdly* easy, but it’s fairly easy.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    I found bits and pieces easy but the goblin imo was annoying
    Would back me into the corner and spam confusing combos
    The falter and encroaching stun was also irritating
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    I'd call it middling to easy. I can't sleepwalk thru the fights and have to pay attention. But most of the paths are fairly easy. It's just a couple of the bosses that I have to work a bit on.

I wouldn't be opposed to a little more difficulty, but the rewards would need to go up considerably. It's already too grindy, and anything that increased the length of the fights would need a balance on the rewards side.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    I found red goblin chapter exploration more annoying then anything in cavalier difficulty, because i don't have diversify r4 or R5 double immune champs and that encroaching stun path and power struggle magik was much difficult then red goblin himself
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Its not insanely easy. I defintely used revives on red Golblin and surprisingly the Cable boss. Plus the health pools are huge. We don't need it to be any harder in my opinion.
  • MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151
    AGYAAT said:

I found red goblin chapter exploration more annoying then anything in cavalier difficulty, because i don't have diversify r4 or R5 double immune champs and that encroaching stun path and power struggle magik was much difficult then red goblin himself

Im on that one now and the encroaching stun really sucks
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I found it easy as well, but thats not the point it was very boring same node combos just switched around in diffrent chapters and calling it a day, super boring, very uncreative.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    If it’s too easy then use a different team. Bench your Doom, Hyperion, and Fury and sub them for someone like Guillotine, Groot, and Falcon.
  • MikeymonstesMikeymonstes Posts: 151

I found it easy as well, but thats not the point it was very boring same node combos just switched around in diffrent chapters and calling it a day, super boring, very uncreative.

yup
  • 100100100100 Posts: 111
    Rewards are trash too.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    So cavalier title covers a lot of groups between just beat 6.1 and end game. Expecting cavalier difficulty to hold any difficulty for near end or end game players is pretty ridiculous. These monthly eqs are geared towards the lower end of the cavalier spectrum. Many of those have a few rank 5 5*s and a few rank 4s. Most have never seen this difficulty level and are still struggling to grow their profiles. The repeat of nodes from last month and boring repetitive boss fights add another degree of difficulty (mostly wanting to spend the time and rl energy to do them) but to newer cavalier players this eq level is right where it needs to be to help them progress. If you really want to see what they are experiencing try running it with non God tier champs. Its fun to get some use from those champs normally only slated for arena fodder and adds a little spice to cavalier difficulty.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Seriously stop with these posts complaining about the difficulty. It’s not just that that factors into it, its how long of a grind it takes too with the higher healthpools. The games starting to feel more and more like a chore now. A lot of people in my alliance can do exploration but chose not to simply because the rewards aren’t that appealing enough for the grind. Not to mention, those that have family/busy jobs , effort taken should be a factor as well.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I think Cavalier difficulty is awful. It's a giant leap in difficulty over Uncollected, which I've been able to explore every month for at least a year now. It's impossible to get through without potions and revives. It takes countless re-entries with different team members to find out who I have that might both work against the nodes and happens to be ranked high enough to be useful. I don't have the time or resources to do this every month while I'm still struggling to get through Act 6 and variants. I got one path completed through the first 4 parts last month and gave up. This month I couldn't even get through one path of part 1 without burning through resources. I'm done with it. It's just going to be content that gets ignored and is useless to me.

Put simply, you just need to get better and try again when you do. Because all those issues you’re claiming make the difficulty awful, they’re because you’re not skilled enough.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    "Absurdly easy" is a stretch. You make it sound like it's HEROIC level difficulty.
    It's not HARD but it can be somewhat challenging depending on defender and node pairing. It is definitely long though, no matter how deep your roster.
    Those paths just go on and on and on... and the rewards don't 🤕