**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★

Thank you Kabam! Now the gameplay for the arenas are back to how they were when i started playing about 5-6 years ago. Much better!!

Back to a s*** system whereby you can use a fraction of the available champs, all because people don't want to sandbag, or face someone with a slightly higher PI, which isn't that much harder than what they'd fight anyway. As a result those with a massive ranked up roster will continue to get richer with less effort than those who want to desperately get a champion and grind as hard as they can for it.

Kabam make pro player changes.. players cry.. only people winning out of this are the top ones. Hey, glad I've got a half decent roster to carry me through. I'll be posting a 3x R1 4* match up once the changes are reverted. See who there can actually tell me that the reverted style is pro player.
    They have arenas for those weak rosters, 3* featured and 4* basic.
    cooky eh?

Pulyaman said:

Thank you Kabam! Now the gameplay for the arenas are back to how they were when i started playing about 5-6 years ago. Much better!!

Back to a s*** system whereby you can use a fraction of the available champs, all because people don't want to sandbag, or face someone with a slightly higher PI, which isn't that much harder than what they'd fight anyway. As a result those with a massive ranked up roster will continue to get richer with less effort than those who want to desperately get a champion and grind as hard as they can for it.

Kabam make pro player changes.. players cry.. only people winning out of this are the top ones. Hey, glad I've got a half decent roster to carry me through. I'll be posting a 3x R1 4* match up once the changes are reverted. See who there can actually tell me that the reverted style is pro player.
    Well, the old system was ****. The new one is just more tedious. I don't want to face R3 Doom match after match in 5 star featured arena. And I was using all my champs in the earlier format too. May be because you don't have enough high ranked champs to sand bag? Arena is already mind numbing as it is, I don't want additional challenges.

Thats not sandbagging, in the 5* featured arena. I dont understand how anyone can say this is anything but a good change. Yes, some fights you might have to do a few more hits - we're likely running into more silver surfers and dooms at the top, because majority of players with him will rank him up. Very few people will gave R5 groot.

The easiest fix, to keep the balance of being able to run all your champs without stupid x4 death matches, would be to introduce more random Kang/ Thanos teams, opposed to just when the algorithm cant match you with someone. This gives more diversity, still easily beatable and all champions are useable instead of going back to a broken system where you cant actually use the vast majority of your champions, and making newer progressing players hate arena even more than they have to.
    People are saying it's not a good change because the reasonable Matches they were getting with the old system were gone, and replaced with 2x the Matches they used to get. Which for all intents and purposes was for avoiding Deathmatches, but anyone who was a real Grinder knew not to use Champs too low, not only for the Streak, but for the fact that you're running your higher-end Champs for more Points. The idea is to work smarter. Not harder.
    so what are we supposed to do while we wait for those champions to recharge for the time being?? if still got lots of kill and want to use it at 5* featured arena then you can easily use the r1 of 5* and 4* to kill some times while still getting points. at least you can use the whole collection that normally aren't used to be used to rack in more points to achieve those milestones when running out of r5 champions.
    Dino7878 said:

isnt death match suppose to be gone. doesnt seem so, still exist else its just *oh not 2x, just a tiny bit less than 2x.". spending more time per match instead. more time consuming and stress.

at least they're throwing their specials non-stop so work around it.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Pulyaman said:

Well, the old system was ****. The new one is just more tedious. I don't want to face R3 Doom match after match in 5 star featured arena. And I was using all my champs in the earlier format too. May be because you don't have enough high ranked champs to sand bag? Arena is already mind numbing as it is, I don't want additional challenges.

Thats not sandbagging, in the 5* featured arena. I dont understand how anyone can say this is anything but a good change. Yes, some fights you might have to do a few more hits - we're likely running into more silver surfers and dooms at the top, because majority of players with him will rank him up. Very few people will gave R5 groot.

The easiest fix, to keep the balance of being able to run all your champs without stupid x4 death matches, would be to introduce more random Kang/ Thanos teams, opposed to just when the algorithm cant match you with someone. This gives more diversity, still easily beatable and all champions are useable instead of going back to a broken system where you cant actually use the vast majority of your champions, and making newer progressing players hate arena even more than they have to.
    People are saying it's not a good change because the reasonable Matches they were getting with the old system were gone, and replaced with 2x the Matches they used to get. Which for all intents and purposes was for avoiding Deathmatches, but anyone who was a real Grinder knew not to use Champs too low, not only for the Streak, but for the fact that you're running your higher-end Champs for more Points. The idea is to work smarter. Not harder.
    so what are we supposed to do while we wait for those champions to recharge for the time being?? if still got lots of kill and want to use it at 5* featured arena then you can easily use the r1 of 5* and 4* to kill some times while still getting points. at least you can use the whole collection that normally aren't used to be used to rack in more points to achieve those milestones when running out of r5 champions.
    I don't know, take a rest may be? Are you seriously asking for a system that is so skewed for the top ranked champs, just so you could use your r1s? 95% of the playerbase will not agree with that. I can actually see myself using 5s r1 champs, 4s r1 champs, I don't use in any arena
  • @Dino7878 , use entry level r1/1 champs instead of all those r1/25 champs.
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    I don't understand. Someone likes new system and someone don't. Why you have to change it back? I really like the new system and I'm very disappointed
    Dino7878 said:

isnt death match suppose to be gone. doesnt seem so, still exist else its just *oh not 2x, just a tiny bit less than 2x.". spending more time per match instead. more time consuming and stress.

at least they're throwing their specials non-stop so work around it.
    Pulyaman said:

Daddrieda said:

Pulyaman said:

I don't know, take a rest may be? Are you seriously asking for a system that is so skewed for the top ranked champs, just so you could use your r1s? 95% of the playerbase will not agree with that. I can actually see myself using 5s r1 champs, 4s r1 champs, I don't use in any arena
    it's totally not up for someone else to decide if one should to take a break or not. Look at Brian Grant during Red Goblin livestream and he clearly benefit from it as he was able to use more of his collection to continue racking in more points.
  • juzblaze25juzblaze25 Posts: 1
    The new changes to arena are a terrible change that once again favors only the elite team. Champs in the 9000 range now get crushed. I’ve given up on arenas after this ridiculous change. This decision again shows me how out of touch the leadership of this game really are to the average joe out there. Good game but about to lose a bunch of us if they can’t get their **** together and become player friendly and not just aimed at the handful of elite players.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You can use those champions in that arena if you insist, give up your streak to do it though because doing it on the streak has proven to make the game significantly less enjoyable for everyone else.
    edited October 2020

You can use those champions in that arena if you insist, give up your streak to do it though because doing it on the streak has proven to make the game significantly less enjoyable for everyone else.

What?!?!??! well look at this!!!
    that's 5* featured arena Red Goblin weekend. You won't lose streak if you allow yourself to be that bad to bait

Anyone who says this isn't pro player clearly doesn't see the point of what kabam did. If you can use every single champion in your roster. You are able to get more points. You can use your top champs.. like before.. you can use your weaker champs.. which you couldn't before. If im grinding arena I want as many fights as possible, and as many wins as possible. More fights = more bc. More bc.. more units..

More fights, less you need to pay to refresh your top 200/250 champs.

Reading this really makes me question if you are playing the arena with any kind of roster at all. In reality what a developed roster gets is more high end matches which is more time, more focus, more stress, more deaths, and that equates to less battleships and less units.
    now i have to spend more time to wait for next batch of refresh timer on those champions before i can be safe to get past 20+ streak. ridiculous
    edited October 2020

Anyone who says this isn't pro player clearly doesn't see the point of what kabam did. If you can use every single champion in your roster. You are able to get more points. You can use your top champs.. like before.. you can use your weaker champs.. which you couldn't before. If im grinding arena I want as many fights as possible, and as many wins as possible. More fights = more bc. More bc.. more units..

Reading this really makes me question if you are playing the arena with any kind of roster at all. In reality what a developed roster gets is more high end matches which is more time, more focus, more stress, more deaths, and that equates to less battleships and less units.
    you're the one i should question why you don't want to benefit this when you run out of your highest ranked champions?????
    Daddrieda said:

you're the one i should question why you don't want to benefit this when you run out of your highest ranked champions?????
    I’m guessing you’re trolling, but I’ll bite. I don’t run out of my highest ranked champions my roster was built to compete without units in the arenas.
    Daddrieda said:

now i have to spend more time to wait for next batch of refresh timer on those champions before i can be safe to get past 20+ streak. ridiculous

Don’t wait, start your streak over again. That’s how beginners with underdeveloped rosters do it and how I did it. Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long, thank Kabam that I don’t have to do that with 90% of my arena teams now.

Daddrieda said:

I’m guessing you’re trolling, but I’ll bite. I don’t run out of my highest ranked champions my roster was built to compete without units in the arenas.
    be damned of you to think i'm trolling. what an perfect account you got for never running out of highest ranked champions so you could benefit it more with the new system by racking in more points when facing them deathsquad who is capped 2x of your total 3x champion's PI as they obviously are working with your favor to bait them with ease.

Daddrieda said:

Don’t wait, start your streak over again. That’s how beginners with underdeveloped rosters do it and how I did it. Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long, thank Kabam that I don’t have to do that with 90% of my arena teams now.
    how dare you call me a beginner????
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra shame on you for giving in so easily by being bombared with feedback. the Game team lost anyway as it's unfair in both perspective. to make it fair you could have given it a week wait and make a community vote pool and see what they say. That's how you should have proceeded!
    edited October 2020
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

you even said it so yourself '' Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long'' clearly you obviously benefit this as much as i do.

edited October 2020
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

be damned of you to think i'm trolling. what an perfect account you got for never running out of highest ranked champions so you could benefit it more with the new system by racking in more points when facing them deathsquad who is capped 2x of your total 3x champion's PI as they obviously are working with your favor to bait them with ease.
    I get no benefit from facing 2x teams all day long. 90% of the matches I faced this past arena were 2x teams when previously they were teams of equal strength. I got less points and less matches thus less battlechips than I normally would for the grind that just ended.

Spouting nonsense and while assuming others positions and misrepresenting reality is indicative of trolling; practically the definition of it.

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

I get no benefit from facing 2x teams all day long. 90% of the matches I faced this past arena were 2x teams when previously they were teams of equal strength. I got less points and less matches thus less battlechips than I normally would for the grind that just ended.

Spouting nonsense and while assuming others positions and misrepresenting reality is indicative of trolling; practically the definition of it.
    no you are the one spouting nonsense! it haven't been enough of days to make a fair judgement of the new system.
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

you even said it so yourself '' Good news they’ll throw their specials so you can play those 2 minute long fights all day long'' clearly you obviously benefit this as much as i do.

I derived no benefit from the recent arena changes aside from getting the 3* as a bonus. It was by and large negative for me. You’re not putting up a strong contradiction to the supposition that you’re trolling.

No I do not benefit from +2x matches all day long when previously they were all matches of equal strength.
    Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

no you are the one spouting nonsense! it haven't been enough of days to make a fair judgement of the new system.
    It doesn’t need to be days. It’s evident past steak 20 in a grind that anyone who ranks up their champions is going to spend significantly more time in the arenas while earning less for it. You’d have to be running a poor roster or botting to not notice this.
    edited October 2020

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

I derived no benefit from the recent arena changes aside from getting the 3* as a bonus. It was by and large negative for me. You’re not putting up a strong contradiction to the supposition that you’re trolling.

No I do not benefit from +2x matches all day long when previously they were all matches of equal strength.
    i'm definitely not trolling if you are mind stuck on that. pretty sure you guys are complaining so much about those meta champions being more visible in arena change and wailing that it's taking too much time too kill them. i'm even more sure you folks only want the streak formula to benefit it yourself for grinding the desired champion with ease while other have to struggle.
    edited October 2020

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

Daddrieda said:

It doesn’t need to be days. It’s evident past steak 20 in a grind that anyone who ranks up their champions is going to spend significantly more time in the arenas while earning less for it. You’d have to be running a poor roster or botting to not notice this.
    you wanna see my collections!? you even have to go so far to dare call me a botting!!