**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How come no one ever mentions that Iceman is poison immune?

I know we always complain about his lack of freeze and coldsnap immunity, but why is he immune to poison?? Does he freeze the poison? Is he secretly a robot?

I believe this is why Kabam refuses to make him freeze and coldsnap immune: he would literally be immune to all damage over time active debuffs save shock. The only way I see him being freeze and coldsnap immune is to replace one immunity (poison) with another (freeze/coldsnap)

Comments

• Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107

Ice isn’t Iceman’s super power. Bobby’s power is water manipulation and temperature manipulation. He just generally prefers ice. He’s poison immune because his ice form is literally ice. In his ice form he has no blood to poison. He’s incinerate immune because he can simply turn the temp around him to a point where fire has not effect. He’s bleed immune for the same reason that he’s poison immune. As to why he’s not Coldsnap immune? No idea.

Incorrect. In Days of Future past Bobby is slapping a sentinel until it goes super nova and melts his attacks then merks him. So he isn’t “completely” immune to incinerate
    Ooooh touch a nerve did we haha must be time of the month
    Yep classic haha so classic that you don’t know his power isn’t “water manipulation” or temp control but Cryokinesis but you keep trying bless you
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Ice isn’t Iceman’s super power. Bobby’s power is water manipulation and temperature manipulation. He just generally prefers ice. He’s poison immune because his ice form is literally ice. In his ice form he has no blood to poison. He’s incinerate immune because he can simply turn the temp around him to a point where fire has not effect. He’s bleed immune for the same reason that he’s poison immune. As to why he’s not Coldsnap immune? No idea.

Incorrect. In Days of Future past Bobby is slapping a sentinel until it goes super nova and melts his attacks then merks him. So he isn’t “completely” immune to incinerate
    Ah yes the modern day marvel fan who doesn’t know s*** about the comics that only knows and watches the movies. The Bobby drake in mcoc is NOT based off of movie ife

Ooooh touch a nerve did we haha must be time of the month

Nah I’m just calling out classic clownery.
    Bruh you literally didnt know who shocker is so i dont know why you are telling him he doesnt know about the comics
    LOL
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    You’re really trying to compare me not knowing a single comic book character to someone believing that mcoc iceman is based off of the movies. Lol ok.

Yep classic haha so classic that you don’t know his power isn’t “water manipulation” or temp control but Cryokinesis but you keep trying bless you

Cryokinesis is basically temperature manipulation. Water manipulation is a sub category of his power. Bobby is an omega level mutant that essentially controls the aspect of liquids and temperature.
    edited October 2020

Cryokinesis is basically temperature manipulation. Water manipulation is a sub category of his power. Bobby is an omega level mutant that essentially controls the aspect of liquids and temperature.
    No. No it isn’t lol. Cryokenisis is a form of molecular manipulation and Water manipulation is HYDROKENISIS which is not a subset. He has the ability to manipulate ice and snow not water but you continue clutching at straws I’ll let you
    Hey hey hey. You wanna know what water is made of? MOLECULES!
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

Honestly, I believe Iceman should not be incinerate immune. It’s not surprising that Ice is melted by Fire.

But with enough ice you can put out a fire 😜

Ah yes the modern day marvel fan who doesn’t know s*** about the comics that only knows and watches the movies. The Bobby drake in mcoc is NOT based off of movie Iceman. The iceman in mcoc is based off of the COMICS iceman.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    and this thread has become an insult battle lol. I think he will become immune to cold snap as Ghost Rider just got his immunity buff to incinerate. Also in the movies as well if we are referring to those Ice Man fought Pyro and didn't melt. The Sentinels were made to kill mutants so that's why Ice Man died he couldnt take that much at once like that.
    edited October 2020

Hey hey hey. You wanna know what water is made of? MOLECULES!

You know what else is? EVERYTHING haha so is Iceman now Everythingman according to your logic? clever you smh 🤦🏾‍♂️ there’s no hope for some
    I’m convinced the person who disagreed with Water being made up of molecules did not take 6th grade science. Water is H2O. H2O is a molecule.

I’m convinced the person who disagreed with Water being made up of molecules did not take 6th grade science. Water is H2O. H2O is a molecule.

There’s nothing on the planet that isn’t made up of molecules. I think you need to go back to that 6th grade class
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Also the better question is why isn't thing immune to poison you can't poison rocks.
    edited October 2020
    Iceman has displayed both cryokinesis and hydrokinesis multiple times. Calling hydrokinesis a subset of cryokinesis was somewhat of a misswording on my part but there should be no doubt that the combination of both should give him incinerate immunity.
    edited October 2020

There’s nothing on the planet that isn’t made up of molecules. I think you need to go back to that 6th grade class
    Pure substances are not made up of molecules.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Iceman decreases the temperature of water vapor in his immediate area to create ice
    Living in your head rent free now you’re literally contradicting yourself haha I’ll leave you to the fun! Enjoy