**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost vs Namor bug, phase vs reflect

In AQ, I decided to take Ghost vs Namor.
AQ mod is Kinetic Transference.
Namor has additional power gain so you get the benefit of using Ghost to phase.
I'm used to doing a 11k-13k crit right out of phase so the Modok screenshot proves that's how much damage I took.

What happened?
I phased, Namor came and missed his attack but he must've still been ending his attack animation when I landed my Medium. This made me take all the damage from my Medium rather than Namor.
The bug here is that Namor is reflecting damage when it should only be reflected when he lands an attack, not ending the animation of an attack.
I'm sure these results can be reproduced in a duel to test taking damage from Namor after IMMEDIATELY coming out of a phase before his attack animation ends

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gotszbot said:

In AQ, I decided to take Ghost vs Namor.
    AQ mod is Kinetic Transference.
    Namor has additional power gain so you get the benefit of using Ghost to phase.
    I'm used to doing a 11k-13k crit right out of phase so the Modok screenshot proves that's how much damage I took.

What happened?
    I phased, Namor came and missed his attack but he must've still been ending his attack animation when I landed my Medium. This made me take all the damage from my Medium rather than Namor.
    The bug here is that Namor is reflecting damage when it should only be reflected when he lands an attack, not ending the animation of an attack.
    I'm sure these results can be reproduced in a duel to test taking damage from Namor after IMMEDIATELY coming out of a phase before his attack animation ends

namor does not reflect damage only when he lands an attack, he reflects damage while attacking. Even in hitting into a block he will still reflect the damage. There is a window where you if you attack him after he attacks the damage will be reflected back to you. The mods have point blank stated that ghost is not a good counter for namor.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    Yeah I just tested out some more actually.

Used my suicide namor on ebony maw and ebony maw takes damage even when you miss.
    But now I'm nitpicking because they should change the wording. This isn't based on contact made/miss in close proximity. It's simply "when attacking until the end of the attack". So if missing allows that, then In theory, I should be able to do a full combo across screen and reflect all damage since I'm "attacking" the opponent.
  • PaggotmanPaggotman Posts: 9
    With ghost if you let him attack twice into phase before attacking you won’t get the reflect damage
    Gotszbot said:

Yeah I just tested out some more actually.

Used my suicide namor on ebony maw and ebony maw takes damage even when you miss.
    But now I'm nitpicking because they should change the wording. This isn't based on contact made/miss in close proximity. It's simply "when attacking until the end of the attack". So if missing allows that, then In theory, I should be able to do a full combo across screen and reflect all damage since I'm "attacking" the opponent.

what is wrong with the wording? It says while attacking his OPPONENT. If you are swinging from across the room you are not attacking the opponent. It is like a boxer who stands up after the bell and immedately takes a couple swings to get warmed up, it is not to attack the opponent. however if the boxer is in range and starts swinging and misses after the round starts then he is attacking his opponent. Attack does not require contact to be made.

They changed the window so it lines up with his animations. Mediums have longer animations than lights so you have less of a window for lights to be reflected.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    edited October 2020
    You're still making an attack at the opponent and good thing this isn't boxing.

Needs to be changed to when in contact range and attacks are made/missed. If I throw a light attack to intercept a dashing medium then am I considered attacking if he came in from across the screen?
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    This ability of Namor’s is unique in the game and bound to have interaction nuances that blur the “rules of engagement” so to speak... that said, it seems some tightening/tuning of his abilities is in order so there’s less confusion for us when taking champs against him as a defender. I think it’s fair that unless Namor makes contact, either successfully or into a block, there should be no damage reflected. If he misses, how is he reflecting damage back??? He’s a mutant not a magician. 😂. That’s just my opinion. He should work like Rogue maintaining buffs she steals... unless she can maintain them when whiffing too??? 🤔

This ability of Namor’s is unique in the game and bound to have interaction nuances that blur the “rules of engagement” so to speak... that said, it seems some tightening/tuning of his abilities is in order so there’s less confusion for us when taking champs against him as a defender. I think it’s fair that unless Namor makes contact, either successfully or into a block, there should be no damage reflected. If he misses, how is he reflecting damage back??? He’s a mutant not a magician. 😂. That’s just my opinion. He should work like Rogue maintaining buffs she steals... unless she can maintain them when whiffing too??? 🤔

that would be a massive nerf to namor, just because you dont like his interaction with ghost.
    edited October 2020

that would be a massive nerf to namor, just because you dont like his interaction with ghost.
    I agree, it would be a significant nerf, however, my suggestion wasn’t about whether I like it or not, I honestly don’t care either way since I don’t use Ghost against him (nice try painting me in that corner though). It was more about following the logic of the character attributes and abilities as a hybrid mutant/Atlantan. For example, BWCV can place debuffs even when whiffing a heavy attack, which makes perfect sense since she’s mystic and her abilities are magic based. Namor is mutant, and as such, abilities based on attack should be based on CONTACT, not INTENT TO CONTACT. Rogue can’t steal (or at least shouldn’t be able to if we adhere to her character attributes based on her mutant abilities) an opponents life essence based on her INTENT to contact, but only if she ACTUALLY makes contact.
    But I digress... it was just a thought/opinion not biased by any animosity towards him or matchups vs. him, just inner-geek musings. 😂
  • Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    edited October 2020
    Very interesting discussion here 😊
    @Lormif

I agree, it would be a significant nerf, however, my suggestion wasn’t about whether I like it or not, I honestly don’t care either way since I don’t use Ghost against him (nice try painting me in that corner though). It was more about following the logic of the character attributes and abilities as a hybrid mutant/Atlantan. For example, BWCV can place debuffs even when whiffing a heavy attack, which makes perfect sense since she’s mystic and her abilities are magic based. Namor is mutant, and as such, abilities based on attack should be based on CONTACT, not INTENT TO CONTACT. Rogue can’t steal (or at least shouldn’t be able to if we adhere to her character attributes based on her mutant abilities) an opponents life essence based on her INTENT to contact, but only if she ACTUALLY makes contact.
    But I digress... it was just a thought/opinion not biased by any animosity towards him or matchups vs. him, just inner-geek musings. 😂