**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First Beyond God Tier Champ of 2020!

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★

Comments

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    If we’re talking about including buffs your post is incredibly incorrect. If we’re talking about not including buffs your post is still very incorrect. The whole term “god tier” is objective and subject to opinion.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    How have you gotten 5 disagrees? People are so stiff on the forums sometimes. I don't get hit, how can you disagree with CGR being beyond god tier? He is so goddamn powerful it's mindblowing.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,683 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

How have you gotten 5 disagrees? People are so stiff on the forums sometimes. I don't get hit, how can you disagree with CGR being beyond god tier? He is so goddamn powerful it's mindblowing.

We're not debating that he isn't BGT, but he isn't the first BGT of 2020
    Yup this @KDSuperFlash10
    But I didn't create this post to have this discussion (although I'm happy to have it)
    I created this post to share the gameplay because I stumbled upon it as soon as it was posted on YT
    Now I think the focus has shifted to the title and Seatin's tier list
    But hey! They're free to express their opinions
    DannyB01 said:

He looks amazing. I think I'll save my 6* shards and go for him and Apocalypse. Hopefully there'll be a bunch of shards available on Cyber Monday.

You & me both, Danny boy
    You & me both

If you haven't considered Sorcerer Supreme, Hit-Monkey, Guardian or Professor X already to be Beyond God Tier and the Red Magneto buff if we're counting the buffs as well.

No Magneto doesn't count
    He's pretty much top 10 in the game rn
    edited October 2020

I love Seatin and his tiers, but I absolutely hate how theyre named. It feels like im reading Greek myth.

Agree with every word! Love the tier list but the tiers could be renamed.
    I can see the word God everywhere lol.
    Ok if direct character buffs don’t count... we have apoc. Apoc himself is “beyond god tier” and he can make at LEAST 3 mutants into “beyond god tier” champs. Either way your argument that CGR is the first character to get an certain subjective position on a British man’s tier list is complete bs.

Ok if direct character buffs don’t count... we have apoc. Apoc himself is “beyond god tier” and he can make at LEAST 3 mutants into “beyond god tier” champs. Either way your argument that CGR is the first character to get an certain subjective position on a British man’s tier list is complete bs.

Ah your argument.
    I was saving the best for last.
    Hang on to your horses.
    I definitely think that Apocalypse is an incredible champion and stands beside CGR. Hell, he could even stand above him with what he brings to the game.
    But that's not the argument I want to make with you. I'm going to refer to your second post about Big Yellow Numbers making the champ Beyond God Tier.
    Sure, that's the first thing we all looked at and the first thing we were all expecting.
    But what I absolutely love about Cosmic Ghost Rider are his double immunities and sheer viability for the following nodes: Biohazard, Caltrops, Freezer Burn, Diss Track & Buffed Up (which are very common and can be tricky if you don't have the right champs). I'm so glad CGR fits into this category of right champs.
    Second, he has a small bit of utility in his sig ability, it might require high skill cap to get the timing right but again, small bit of utility to place Power Lock, Heal Block & Fate Seal on the opponents (with additional direct damage, as if his damage wasn't already enough).
    He also has really high block proficiency, higher than Doctor Doom it seems.
    And access to a ton of buffs in his kit including a delicious Power Gain and Unblockable.
    Now, I've reserved my doubts for his rotation and its practicality in Act 6, Abyss, etc. but the released videos look promising.
    Now let's zoom out a little bit, we must remember that Cosmic Ghost Rider is a Cosmic champ, and as a Cosmic champ he has all the ingredients you want to see in one (buffs, big yellow numbers, Power Gain) and more (Heal Block, Power Lock, Fate Seal, which are arguable Mystic traits). Combine that with his block prof and double immunities and what do you get?
    A Beyond God Tier champ.

Oh damn my thesis went for approval after I corrected a spelling mistake.
    Hang tight.
    Aaaannd there’s the problem. There’s too many questions about how convenient and doable his rotation is. A champ could have every ability in the world, but if their rotation is complicated, inconvenient, and unworkable then they’re essentially worthless. That’s probably the biggest problem with air walker for example aside from him hitting like a wet noodle. His rotation is flaming **** and extremely inconvenient. Until it can get into the hands of normal and average players I can’t make a judgment yet. It’s always a bad idea to judge characters this early and I hate when people do it.

Aaaannd there’s the problem. There’s too many questions about how convenient and doable his rotation is. A champ could have every ability in the world, but if their rotation is complicated, inconvenient, and unworkable then they’re essentially worthless. That’s probably the biggest problem with air walker for example aside from him hitting like a wet noodle. His rotation is flaming **** and extremely inconvenient. Until it can get into the hands of normal and average players I can’t make a judgment yet. It’s always a bad idea to judge characters this early and I hate when people do it.

Damn it if only you quoted my comment
    At least you read it though
    I guess we'll have to wait and see
    But 50 something hits across Act 6 and Abyss does look promising that's all I can say for now
    But yeah it remains to be seen whether he will be adaptable to different match ups or stiff af
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    I'm interested to see how long til there's enough buffs that Seatin has to do a massive revamp of the tier list. Like when Seatin added SS tier and didn't promote everyone from the old S tier. Assuming each buff raises that character to at least C tier, I'm thinking eventually the current C tier becomes D tier and something else has to get added in.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Korg said:
    😂😂😂
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Mcdonalds said:

Hulkbuster buff begs to differ

Magnetos buff is better same with colossus
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Damn it if only you quoted my comment
    At least you read it though
    I guess we'll have to wait and see
    But 50 something hits across Act 6 and Abyss does look promising that's all I can say for now
    But yeah it remains to be seen whether he will be adaptable to different match ups or stiff af
    My rank 5 G2099 also ends late act 6 fights in 50-something hits. To get that nutty damage, all she has to do is hit the opponent, and don't lose your combo, and end with SP 3 if you want. That's as simplistic of a playstyle as you can get with characters nowadays. As for CGR, I don't see myself having fun with a character I can't even dex with.