**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Blade the most impactful champion to be released?

JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
Upon release, people were already going nuts for him. Crazy amounts of units were spent, lots of crystal shards were saved for his featured. He was the first rank 5 5 star for many summoners and for good reason. You could not scroll down the leaderboard and not see a Blade.

Why was he so impactful?

He literally dominated alliance war. This was back when Magik, Dormammu and Mephisto were a pain on defense. What did Blade do? He said, "Begone, dimensional beings" and slayed his way through. Not only dimensional beings but also villains. He was one of the best options to clear the Labyrinth and for content in general. He impacted the battlerealm in many ways. His danger sense provided him with an incredible damage increase and strong ability accuracy reduction. He had mighty bleeds, power gain, the shrugging off of debuffs based on power, and an insane regeneration from his sig ability.(I speak of him in the past tense not because he doesn't exist anymore, but because I believe it's no longer his time).

Like all great things, there must come an end. Kabam feared Blade. They stopped releasing dimensional beings and villains (sometimes not adding the tag to the characters and adding nodes to hinder him). He eventually got overtaken. He is still a great champion, but not as dominant as before with champions doing what he does, better and more.

Now yes, I know we have Ghost and Quake and the likes of them, but were any of them as immediately game changing as him? Taking in consideration the state of the game when he was released, what was available and what wasn't.

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    That would be Quake. I honestly think she never should have been buffed lol they messed up big time.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    quake by far ya
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    When did they stop releasing villains?

They had a period without champs with the villain tag.
    Cull, PM and Corvus?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Quake. Or Hyperion, honestly. He still shreds content after all these years.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

Cull, PM and Corvus?
    Aren’t tagged as villains, no?

Edit: they don’t have a villain tag
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Savage said:

That would be Quake. I honestly think she never should have been buffed lol they messed up big time.

I didn't say best champion. I meant most impactful considering the state of the game. Back then not many knew what Quake could do.
    I knew plenty of players who used quake for the mystic wars. She’s the reason true strike exists on boss nodes and frankly anywhere where she could be abused lol

Cull, PM and Corvus?
    They aren't but who else isn't? There are close to 40 champions released since 2017 that blade can use danger sense on.

The Dark Order are the only ones I can think of that aren't tagged villain that could be considered villains. Can't think of any other tagging issues.

Vision Arkus was controversial because his bio states he's dimensional.

Savage said:

I didn't say best champion. I meant most impactful considering the state of the game. Back then not many knew what Quake could do.
    I wouldn't say that. There was quite an uproar when she was changed.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Cull, PM and Corvus?
    They aren't but who else isn't? There are close to 40 champions released since 2017 that blade can use danger sense on.

The Dark Order are the only ones I can think of that aren't tagged villain that could be considered villains. Can't think of any other tagging issues.

Vision Arkus was controversial because his bio states he's dimensional.

Aarkus and Mojo come to mind, but not many others. Both should be dimensional beings based on their bios, but do not have the tag.
    But Mojo is both villain and mystic.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★

quake by far ya

no one knew how to use her until like 2019
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I forget who, but I remember a tag not being added until a few months later

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    yes blade is probably the most impactful if you look at the leaderboard there was nothing but blade but when domino came everyone loved her and so many people used her (almost everyone used her and blade as there main team)
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    @Demonzfyre ST was another villain released without a tag a few months after Blade.
    Savage said:

Savage said:

I knew plenty of players who used quake for the mystic wars. She’s the reason true strike exists on boss nodes and frankly anywhere where she could be abused lol
    But mainly play parry style, no? Upon release did she have as much impact as Blade?

Savage said:

Savage said:

But mainly play parry style, no? Upon release did she have as much impact as Blade?
    No she did not. Neither did Ghost or Corvus.

Quake. Or Hyperion, honestly. He still shreds content after all these years.

You probably weren't around back then, but the large majority of forum users at the time thought Hype was going to suck. All the "hype" was on HtD. I remember this clearly as it caused me to run the 4* Featured Arena when he was released as I knew his scores wouldn't be super high.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Iceman was probably one of the biggest ever upon release because he brought triple immunities to the table which was unheard of and he brought a brand new DOT debuff into the gamr

@Demonzfyre ST was another villain released without a tag a few months after Blade.

That's true. He has the mercenary tag.

Cull, PM and Corvus?
    Yes, also sym supreme & saberman...
    Sym Supreme isn't a villain. But he's mystic so Blade can still use danger sense on him. ST would be another since they gave him the mercenary tag.

Savage said:

Maybe I forgot, what change did they make to her?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Quake was buffed?
    Howcome I'm only hearing about this now?
    edited October 2020

Savage said:

Maybe I forgot, what change did they make to her?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wei7soIz-Pc
    In making the changes, they changed something else about her and I can't remember what. Something to do with her concussions.