**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 100% done! But...

Alright, so the journey is over! After countless rank-ups, lots of energy and potions, act 6 100% is in the books. When the thronebreaker title came out, I was first taken aback by the 6* rank 3, as it seemed unnecessary to me. And honestly I’m still not too happy with it, and I definitely still believe that the title should have been locked behind deeper story content, but apparently book 2 act 1 isn’t a roster check anymore, or at least that’s what I’ve heard. Anyway, I’ve come to accept the requirement and the logic behind it.

Alright I’ll get back to that in a bit but for now I want to talk about my experience with act 6: I’ve done most of it pre-nerf, half of 6.4, the entirety of 6.1-2 besides the champion quest, and just initial completion of 6.3. After the thronebreaker announcement, I knew it was time to get back into the grind and finish up act 6. So I did it, pretty easily, with ghost, quake Claire and black widow deadly origin (for thunderstruck. I’m a suicides user btw) as my most valuable champs. I’m mostly fine with the difficulty, but I think that thunderstruck should be reduced to a 50% damage reduction, as should any other of those “fit this requirement or take (%) reduced damage” nodes in my opinion.

So, let’s get to the rewards! Well, they were pretty terrible. 6* Vision aarkus from my nexus (decent but I’ve got him 5* and he’s not suicide friendly), a science AG which I’ll save for torch, 6* electro from a basic and my t5cc... skill. My most dreaded class. I’ve got exactly zero 6* skill champions. So needless to say, I was upset. Looks like I’ll be stuck with just “breaker of thrones” for a bit.

Now let’s quickly talk about the 2 other additions to story mode since the beginning of the game: act’s 4 and 5. Regardless of your luck with champions, you were guaranteed two things at least: a generic awakening gem, and the ability to take your champion to the next level (rank 4 and 5). Now as for the generic awakening gem, I don’t think that was necessary for act 6, but I think having the class catalyst random, especially with the new title is just wrong, as I believe anyone capable of a run through the abyss (preparing!), or act 6 100% is worthy of a progression title that unlocks you better rewards than the ones you gained access to as early as March of 2019. And while I understand that the game is built on RNG, I think that a t5cc selector for act 6 100%, one for abyss completion and 1 or 2 (replacing the crystal of course) for abyss 100% with basically all other sources being completely RNG is more than fine.

Now to all that have read this far and agree or disagree with me, I’d like to end with one last point: I’ve just explored the entirety of act 6, I’ve put months of grinding and effort into it. I should feel pretty accomplished right? So why do I feel like a piece of garbage?

Comments

• ForumerForumer Posts: 66 ★★
    Don’t know honestly, I was working on it for a few months but I will say that the main unit drain was definitely energy and not revives. Most paths took well over 70.

Congrats on exploring act 6, that's a lot of work you've put in there mate!!
    Sadly that's a common theme that I've seen across act 6 and abyss explorers.

Disappointment in the rewards when completing the hardest contest is a tough pill to swallow. 6* shards and t5cc fragments are much more available now so hopefully you'll get some luck in the coming months.

Thanks! Hopefully I’m doing this replying thing right. And yeah I agree, I also totally understand why Kabam has so much RNG, but as this is permanent endgame content I think some of the stress over t5cc can definitely be alleviated. It’s like, if I do some monthly content or whatnot, and get trash I suck it up and sometimes even laugh about it! Like when pulling a 6* cyclops I was excited to add another cyclops to my war attackers list (I don’t do war that’s why lol)!

But to me the way the abyss and act 6 rewards are currently structured can either be a major leap in player progression, or a major halt as one more big area for t5cc is now gone.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Congrats OP. Tough to take for the amount of work you put in. It’s still an achievement nonetheless.

Congrats OP. Tough to take for the amount of work you put in. It’s still an achievement nonetheless.

Thank you! And yeah, But tbh I’m not too upset with anything besides that t5cc because I can do perfectly fine with what I’ve got.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    are there any hard paths in 6.1 to explore? i just want to see if i should grind for revives and units before i head back in.

are there any hard paths in 6.1 to explore? i just want to see if i should grind for revives and units before i head back in.

I believe there is a caustic temper doctor strange and inverted controls lane. There may have been more, but if I don’t remember the paths probably aren’t too bad. It does vary based on roster however.
    Forumer said:

I believe there is a caustic temper doctor strange and inverted controls lane. There may have been more, but if I don’t remember the paths probably aren’t too bad. It does vary based on roster however.
    oh god that sounds like hell.

Just like an estimate like would u say 1-2k 3-4K 5-6k so on and so on

I’d say within the 2.5-3k unit range, but this is an incredibly rough estimate, could be way more or way less. I don’t think any path besides rage killmonger took more than 3 revives, most taking 0-1.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

Forumer said:

Congrats @Forumer. I hope you pull someone good soon. @SneakyWarrior most of the fights in 6.1 were straightforward, but for the doctor strange you’ll need someone who procs constant furies, like hype. Ægon also works well. Also you’ll need an evade counter for 6.1.3 nightcrawler

Forumer said:

Congrats @Forumer. I hope you pull someone good soon. @SneakyWarrior most of the fights in 6.1 were straightforward, but for the doctor strange you’ll need someone who procs constant furies, like hype. Ægon also works well. Also you’ll need an evade counter for 6.1.3 nightcrawler

oh sweet i got an aegon. i explored 6.1.3 two months ago but i got bored and forgot to explore the rest of 6.1 lol.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Forumer said:

oh sweet i got an aegon. i explored 6.1.3 two months ago but i got bored and forgot to explore the rest of 6.1 lol.
    It’s also got Split Atom, have fun with Ægon
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★
    Now you can look forward to doing the Abyss initial clear and getting another skill t5cc....

Yes that happens to some of us. Only I did first path Abyss just before I 100% Act 6

Forumer said:

It’s also got Split Atom, have fun with Ægon
    i think ill save that fun path for last then. hopefully i get a heimdall while i wait
    Gmonkey said:

May I ask how many 6 stars you have on your roster?

21, wasp duped and omega red duped twice.