**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Strongest Science Champion

shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
Except Quake

Strongest Science Champion 166 votes

Void
11%
PalanthraxcytwbcUnsilentCupidTarun46HeattblasttSix_strings6Ackbar67Datman257ShrimpRDjinKill_GreyBonzodavidDretllewalkerdogXguard77shield456The_Sentry06shieldnewbie 19 votes
Thing
3%
DolanMiekandKorgPerceptronIRQŘïdđhįmKoopaKrusher 6 votes
Human Torch
17%
Baseballguy711Vijay1107Wicket329UnidentifiedCreatureMastercrischrisfernendezzzWhatElseRockyshockyRazer_Boltz619Jazzy011Pancake_FaceMathewjdkddkxkSeanl85Fit_Fun9329LeoZedDoctor_Strange19JueVioleGraceCrasyduckAbhro12_3JragonMaster170 29 votes
Captain America infinity war
53%
SnakeEyes69DrZolaRaganatorKyrkantTendersquadyossMagrailothosSungjCosagornVerzznameplasAb_SamadThatGuyYouSaw235Hammerbro_64RyGokuRbk19BrokenThefire13ReferenceKerneas 89 votes
Wasp
0%
TheMailmann 1 vote
She Hulk
1%
BrianPerkinsFaseeharoseinbloom39 3 votes
Red Guardian
0%
Hulk Ragnarok
0%
Mauled 1 vote
Luke Cage
0%
Moot4Life 1 vote
Other
10%
Lvernon15JBC89DarkSoulDLXairmundoJumpthesharkSociopathspiderbites0196EtjamaBeginthEndDarkDuelistBeroManRenaxqqCaptainGameSavageThanks_D19AmnetiesHavocGamer49 17 votes

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    ...but quake tho
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 301 ★★
    Thing
    Picked Thing but there are, like, 4 contenders, the others being HT, Cap and Void. Each just does a different thing so I went with one that I personally can make best use of.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Other
    Mister Fantastic... with a full synergy team. Otherwise capiw
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Other
    Quake. LOL.
  • Hulk Ragnarok
    Quite clearly one of the Hulks.

In terms of best... it’s a toss up between Cap, Void and Torch
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Other
    Didn’t see except quake, just thought this was like the worst poll ever 😂
    I’d go for torch, but cap and void are pretty darn close, torch mainly because he’s more dominant in abyss
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    edited October 2020
    Human Torch
    Human Torch is an absolute monster for Act 6, Abyss, etc. Insane value/utility and damage. Makes many very hard bosses an absolute joke (act 6 Darkhawk).

I will say Cap IW is close, but Torch has a small leg up. The buff really did him justice.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    I'd say Cap IW, he's got so much utility and covers the most problem fights
  • all depends what u need them for
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    CapIW is good in the most situations.
    edited October 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Void can counter heal, passive power gain, evade, can reduce the opponent's crit rate to nothingness, can place degeneration on them, place a weakness on them, is incinerate immune, deals passive damage to the opponent for their debuffs, meaning you can control a fight however the hell you want.

Void does so much more than the rest.

I agree that Voids pretty stacked utility wise, but he objectively doesn't do more than CapIW.
    Cap can shrug off any debuff in the game from the first parry. Counters unstoppable buffs, counters power gain and reverses healing with petrify, sp1 inflicts bleed and has -100% AAR, armour break and weakness on parry, 0 block damage on parrys,
    Parry-heavy playstyle lets him ignore evade and auto-block.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Void
    CAIW winning, and for questing he’s great, but Void and Torch are better for Abyss.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Void can counter heal, passive power gain, evade, can reduce the opponent's crit rate to nothingness, can place degeneration on them, place a weakness on them, is incinerate immune, deals passive damage to the opponent for their debuffs, meaning you can control a fight however the hell you want.

I agree that Voids pretty stacked utility wise, but he objectively doesn't do more than CapIW.
    Cap can shrug off any debuff in the game from the first parry. Counters unstoppable buffs, counters power gain and reverses healing with petrify, sp1 inflicts bleed and has -100% AAR, armour break and weakness on parry, 0 block damage on parrys,
    CapIW is amazing but a lot of his utility comes from synergies while Void packs all of that without any need for synergy allowing you to fit more champs to tackle other problems.
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

CapIW is amazing but a lot of his utility comes from synergies while Void packs all of that without any need for synergy allowing you to fit more champs to tackle other problems.
    That's true, I don't really see them as synergies per se because you aren't limited to a specific champ. If you've got a deep roster fitting in a diverse squad doesn't take much thought.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Cap America IW, no doubt

All the feeling from fights he could bring me is satisfying. Love this character

Someone may argue Quake is the most OP Science Champ. But her fighting style is so “ugly” in my opinion! She doesn’t even fight in the game! Zero enjoyable feeling!
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

The problem is that half of the things you mention, he cannot do them by himself. On the other hand, Void can. Now if we start adding Void's synergies...
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    edited October 2020

The problem is that half of the things you mention, he cannot do them by himself. On the other hand, Void can. Now if we start adding Void's synergies...
    When are you ever going to enter a quest with him by himself though? If you bring a team of cap, Corvus, ghost, quake, and nick he can pretty much do most of what he does. None of the champs in that team is known as a ‘wasted slot’ and I wouldn’t mind bringing either of them.

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Void

Kill_Grey said:

I believe you forgot to mention the fact that he NEEDS to be max sig to access reliably his utility.

Void can do all of what he does even unawakened.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

When are you ever going to enter a quest with him by himself though? If you bring a team of cap, Corvus, ghost, quake, and nick he can pretty much do most of what he does. None of the champs in that team is known as a ‘wasted slot’ and I wouldn’t mind bringing either of them.

There are many gated paths in the game, there are quests (like this month's Hades thing) that you can only bring a team of 3 champs, there is AW, there is AQ, etc. So many game modes, and plenty of restrictions.

So, all I'm saying is that the basis of judging a champ is what he can do by himself and not based on synergies.

Therefore Void gets my vote.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

You're assuming that anyone with CapIW will have those champs. I have Void and I don't have any of them as 5*
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I believe you forgot to mention the fact that he NEEDS to be max sig to access reliably his utility.

He does need max Sig if you want to reliably shrug off debuffs, doesn't change how much he can do though.
    My point was he has more utility than Void.
    Void can be used unawakened but he suffers without the awakened ability, you aren't reversing power gain, heal reverse is gimped and debuff fall off making the rng cycle of applying debuffs repeat.
    No point in comparing them at half of what they're capable of
    Chikel said:

You're assuming that anyone with CapIW will have those champs. I have Void and I don't have any of them as 5*
    The thing is you don't need those champs. Any champ of the appropriate class works. He's not the most friendly for small rosters but if you've reached the point where fights are complex then having a champ of each class ranked up isn't hard.
    If you want to take biohazard/freezer burn/shifting immunity/encroaching stun or all at once as long as any skill is on the team you're fine
    Need to reverse healing or control power any tech will do.
    It's hardly an obstacle
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Uh no. The only thing he needs max sig for is if you are in a long fight where not shrugging off each debuff means death. All of the other effects can be remedied by simply another parry. Void needs his sig to do everything because it allows him to keep up constant -100% or more petrify, and gives him workable damage. Void needs less sigs to access everything, but as someone who has both (Void high sig 4/55 and CAIW max sig 5/65), Cap generally covers more ground. Void still kicks butt, but for everything that isn’t power gain Mordo Sinister or obnoxious healing, Cap is typically better.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Other
    Quake. 😡

Srsly though, after her's actually gotta be Void for me with Torch sitting right behind. Void's got so much utility and slow playing with him let's you keep your hit count extremely low. He and Torch are dominant in both AW and Abyss, but I feel like Void covers just a lil bit more ground.