**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Collector help please

jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I'm ready to push on to 5.2.6 with 1200 units saved up. However I just found out that below 55% health the collectors hits become Unblockable. I might be able to evade his sp2 but definitely not his sp1. Do I bring up Mr.Sinister just to block his specials. I have Nebula, star-lord and g2099 for power drain but do you guys have any other tips. Should I bring up sinister? I don't have a good magik or daredevil btw. Thanks all!
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    just bring your best team, units, and backdraft.

Practice backdrafting if need be.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    For me, Ghost was invaluable .. gets some good dmg in before going down.
    I've heard Juggernaut and such works .. LOL

The trick with Collector is you need to understand/accept it's a bit of a BS fight .. the longer it goes on, the more things about your character will fail (ie Ghost works fine at start, but after a while, her phasing will fail), etc.

So you want burst champs capable of big damage in a short fight .. just work on chipping him down with each revive.
    Depending on your team, a team revive/heal might be best bang for your buck ...

But basically, yeah .. just think about chipping him down .. don't worry about getting killed, or not 1 shotting him ..
    especially not for your first time into him.

• jaysavagejaysavage Posts: 348 ★★
    well heres my best tell me who i should use, 4*s, guilly 2099, cap IW, Blade, collosus, sinister, 5*s, sym supreme, stealth spidey, arkus, heimdall, killmonger, beast, sym spidey. 6* Claire. These are all my usable champs. Which ones should I use. I'm thinking, cap IW, G2099, Claire, Arkus and the last one idk.
    Also, do you guys think I have enough units. All 4* maxed, max r1 6*, 5 stars r3 with arkus r4 thats why i wanna use him.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    jaysavage said:

Also, do you guys think I have enough units. All 4* maxed, max r1 6*, 5 stars r3 with arkus r4 thats why i wanna use him.

Easily enough units. The whole fight is just hitting him then dying. There is no strategy
    oh and a 5* BW deadly origin but I'm pretty sure Collector is immune to shock when he's low so she's probably useless
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    dot_ditto said:

For me, Ghost was invaluable .. gets some good dmg in before going down.
    I've heard Juggernaut and such works .. LOL

The trick with Collector is you need to understand/accept it's a bit of a BS fight .. the longer it goes on, the more things about your character will fail (ie Ghost works fine at start, but after a while, her phasing will fail), etc.

So you want burst champs capable of big damage in a short fight .. just work on chipping him down with each revive.
    Depending on your team, a team revive/heal might be best bang for your buck ...

But basically, yeah .. just think about chipping him down .. don't worry about getting killed, or not 1 shotting him ..
    especially not for your first time into him.

Exactly this. Go with bursty champs and chip away best you can. You'll get there, especially if you have enough units. Make sure you can intercept well and it'll go faster. Good luck friend.
    Thanks everyone
    @DarkDuelist thanks a ton I couldn't find a uncollected run with someone at my level. Every run I found were alt of pro players but this really helps. Is it possible to evade his sp1?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    jaysavage said:

well heres my best tell me who i should use, 4*s, guilly 2099, cap IW, Blade, collosus, sinister, 5*s, sym supreme, stealth spidey, arkus, heimdall, killmonger, beast, sym spidey. 6* Claire. These are all my usable champs. Which ones should I use. I'm thinking, cap IW, G2099, Claire, Arkus and the last one idk.

I'm not sure Cap would work well .. Parry + Heavy doesn't work on collector . he shrugs off the stuns too often.

I would think that 6* claire would be good ..
    G2099 definitely good option if she's ramped up with sp3 on previous fight ..
    I believe Stealth Spidey does execllent damage, so good option there.
    Killmonger is also a beast ..

• Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Only his specials become unblockable. You just revive over and over and get as much damage as you possibly can before he fires a special. I was able to down him like that with 800. Unless the roster you’re working with is significantly worse than mine you should be able to do it with 1,200. I went in with an R3 (maybe r4?) 5* HT, r5 4* hype, r5 4* starky, r4 4* domino, and r4 4* magik.
    @dot_ditto I'm going to bring in Cap IW just for the unstopable and the damage. But thanks anyways, @Iron_Patriot_is_lit all my 4 stars i'm gonna bring in will be r5 and my 5* r4 and r3 and my 6 star is obviously r1(i'm not that progressed.) I have a 5 star skill awakening gem to I use it on killmonger or should I wait to pull a aegon or fury whenever that happens?
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    wait for Aegon or Nick Fury :)

It can be a long time, but I was happy I hold on to almost all of my awakening gems
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    I did him on a mini with 4* colossus the unblockable special was invaluable but I did have Emma for increased powergain.

G99 is only going to be good for one fight as once you revive you’re back to pants damage.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    jaysavage said:

I did i with 200 units..don't worry
    ok guys thanks!
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    I did with 180 units. Corvus with all 4 charges