**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should I save my battle chips ?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
I have 1.4 mil battle chips and I am hoping they will help me to gain enough units for cyber Monday together with arena grinding . Now the problem is that thanks to rng I have no idea how many units I will get from battle chips and thus how much arena I will need to grind

So my question is will there be some special event or something that would make it so that we get bigger rewards from battlechips or can I just open up all my battlechips crystals now ?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    There are special events that will give you more gold.

If your focus is on cyber weekend, i suggest grind away and save your chips. See what you can get from grinding and use the chips to supplement anything you need for that weekend.

That's my strategy, I have 13k units and plan to have 18k by cyber weekend, but will have over 12M chips to cover any shortage i have.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Unless I'm mistaken, the only event that I can think of and that would be beneficial for the battle ships is the Gold event, during which we get +20% gold, but regarding units, I don't remember any event that gave more. You might as well open them or wait to see on Cyber Week if you really need the units.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    1M gives you approximately 1800-1900 units. It's closer to this number if you go for small Arena Crystals since you open more of them and RNG is more spread.

So you don't really have to open them immediately since you can estimate how much you should get from them.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

If your focus is on cyber weekend, i suggest grind away and save your chips. See what you can get from grinding and use the chips to supplement anything you need for that weekend.

That's my strategy, I have 13k units and plan to have 18k by cyber weekend, but will have over 12M chips to cover any shortage i have.

Do you know if any of these events will happen before cyber weekend?
    Fenico said:

1M gives you approximately 1800-1900 units. It's closer to this number if you go for small Arena Crystals since you open more of them and RNG is more spread.

So you don't really have to open them immediately since you can estimate how much you should get from them.

Really ? I heard that it’s the same
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Fenico said:

Yes it is the same but if you open the 10k ones you open less of them and then RNG can give you much more or less than average.
  • JessieS said:

Fenico said:

Mathematically yes, but if you open 1m worth of 2k Crystal vs 1m worth of 10k you’re more likely to come in on the RNG because of quantity . More chance to get the shaft/lottery on the 10k
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Fenico said:

It's the same over time. The more you open the more the units will be the same and when you get to infinity, they will be exactly the same lol. In the short term, UC crystals are boom or bust. You might get way more units or way less. Personally I only open UC because I like the big jackpots and the occasional 5 energy refills are nice but if you want to lower the chance of really bad RNG you should open the regular crystals.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No advantage to saving. You are going to get what you are going to get. The only reason to save is its fun to open a lot at one time.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

Do you know if any of these events will happen before cyber weekend?
    I don't know if and when they will give us that boost.
    Thanks guy . I think I will wait until I reach 1.5 mil to open them at once for more fun :)
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Fenico said:

Can someone corroborate this please? I was under the assumption the general rule was 1000 units to every million battleships