**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do people react differently to your posts based on the avatar you chose? Case study....

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's an interesting thought. I think there may be some validity in the idea of a subconscious predisposition to read Threads that are posted by Avatars of Champs that we like. I'm not so sure the response would change. The majority take the content of what is posted in rather than the Avatar, at least that's what I believe.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    edited September 2017
    It's an interesting thought. I think there may be some validity in the idea of a subconscious predisposition to read Threads that are posted by Avatars of Champs that we like. I'm not so sure the response would change. The majority take the content of what is posted in rather than the Avatar, at least that's what I believe.
    HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I haven't really noticed a difference, I change my avatar everytime I switch my top.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I'm an unpleasant duck. I don't pay attention to avatars, unless they're jailed, then it's funny. Lot of posters here get paid by the word, apparently.
  • I'm avatar blind.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I think it's silly to base an attitude towards someone based on the avatar they choose. Although I do think it strange that there are not a lot of Thor avatars out there. I thought he was a more popular choice. Also I know I will probably oust myself by saying this and it will be obvious, but I see quite a few posts by the same avatar and I don't really agree with them much. I go based on comments posters make, not the avatar they choose to display.
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    Spirit wrote: »
    Yeah haha. People don't like Iceman, too cocky maybe

Really I dont seem to agree. Honestly I have been rollin as an iceman forever now and ppl at the forums have always given me a lot of respect .
    Its like they seem to find my posts to be the unicorn in the forums.( I definately dont get why Iceman profile should indicate that I am cocky!! :p:D )

Because he is a badass. And people hate fighting him for the real reason... So there is a grudge element.

Voodoo is a beast, he gets respect.

Um no I was jokin in case it wasnt clear. That last statement was just to act cocky since ppl said Iceman is/was cocky. I am certain that the joke wasnt a good one since I had to explain it!!
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    Actually more seriously, ppl often make good/bad impressions on first look. That includes me, this wat I often feel when I see these profiles:

Howard- Expecting a "by Dr Zola" at the end
    Hyperion- The guy who ends up giving insightful info. about the game
    Cap WW2- Another rant post for nerfing Hyperion or NC and/or buffing Gwenpool or Cap WW2 etc.
    SpiderGwen- The guy who writes very bad english just to request ppl to get him UNBANNED
    X23/Wolverine- One of those friendly guys u can talk to on any topic (quite ironically)

What about psylocke?
    Afrid wrote: »
    Actually more seriously, ppl often make good/bad impressions on first look. That includes me, this wat I often feel when I see these profiles:

Cap WW2- Another rant post for nerfing Hyperion or NC and/or buffing Gwenpool or Cap WW2 etc.
    SpiderGwen- The guy who writes very bad english just to request ppl to get him UNBANNED
    X23/Wolverine- One of those friendly guys u can talk to on any topic (quite ironically)

What about psylocke?

I havent formed any pre-dominent opinion on psylockes in the profile
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

What about psylocke?

I guess I'm guilty of creating an opinion when I see Scarlet Witch. So there may be some standing to this thread after all LOL

What about psylocke?

But seeing u here this is wat I will add:
    Psylocke- The person who randomly ends up making Carnage/AW jokes in forums
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

What about psylocke?
    I usually assume its mutamatt and have to check the name
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    It took me about 15 painstaking minutes to figure it out, but Voila! Changed my avatar!

And I felt my Engrish was rearry berry gud too. LOL
  • ColbyX85ColbyX85 Posts: 24
    edited September 2017
    How do you change your profile picture on here in the forums?? I'm new to this page but not new to the game and I would prefer not to have spider Gwen as my profile pic!?
  • ColbyX85ColbyX85 Posts: 24
    It's OK I figured it out I got it!
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    <
    Hi :)
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    They just put spider gwen on me. How can i change it???
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    I've been noticing since X23 became my top champ (I keep my avatar on here the same as my avatar in game) people have replied and talked to me differently on the forums. Since going from a voodoo icon to an X23, I've gotten many more positive replies than I did before, and people seem over all more polite (outside of mods haha).... has anyone else experienced this before or am I thinking too much into it?

Why are you pushing the race card discussion? If you dont like responses you get, leave. Stop trying to make race out of a fantasy you think is happening
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm pretty sure I could have a picture of Jesus holding a puppy and I would still get the same reaction. Lol. Contrary to popular belief, that's not my intention. It's just the thoughts I have that are strong. I think any logical person looking at comments objectively will look past the Avatar. Having said that, it reminds me of Global where they tend to be judgmental towards the Players with the newer Accounts. 1*, 2*, 3* DPs. That was big when I started. It's a shame because people have good thoughts no matter what their Avatar is. :)
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure I could have a picture of Jesus holding a puppy and I would still get the same reaction. Lol. Contrary to popular belief, that's not my intention. It's just the thoughts I have that are strong. I think any logical person looking at comments objectively will look past the Avatar. Having said that, it reminds me of Global where they tend to be judgmental towards the Players with the newer Accounts. 1*, 2*, 3* DPs. That was big when I started. It's a shame because people have good thoughts no matter what their Avatar is. :)

From what i've observed, youve received significantly less flags on your comments since you changed from king groot to switch
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★

Rogue - expecting a long comment by DNA3000
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★

What about psylocke?

In my defense, I only made those joke twice
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    so many better things you can do with Avatar choice

rdapb7k9yboe.png
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Of course this is a thread lol

What about psylocke?

In my defense, I only made those joke twice

Hey I was taking a poke at you and nothing else!! Sorry if I made u feel that I was attacking you!!

gohard123 wrote: »

Rogue - expecting a long comment by DNA3000

Agreed!!