**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do I find out what my original player name was?

DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
So I need to find out what my original playername is for my support ticket but I have no idea how to find that. I made my account around 5 years ago but left after like a week of playing, I came back a little less than 2 years ago and changed my name to “Dark Eternity”. It’s not like I ever thought I would need my original playername, so does anyone know how to solve this?

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★

So I need to find out what my original playername is for my support ticket but I have no idea how to find that. I made my account around 5 years ago but left after like a week of playing, I came back a little less than 2 years ago and changed my name to “Dark Eternity”. It’s not like I ever thought I would need my original playername, so does anyone know how to solve this?

I don't know if there is a solution. They ask for your original player name as a security measure to ensure they are dealing with the actual owner of the account. Because of that, they do not really provide a way to find that information.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Did you ever take a screenshot of your gameplay? If so, it might be in one of those.

If you don't have a record, Kabam won't tell you and the game won't tell you, for the reasons @Solswerd mentions.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    This requirement is d silliest of all. Everything on the validation can be tracked google play / ios. location would be obvious.
    Username can only be if you took ss / vid a long time ago OR u have signed up for newsletters
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Well sounds like Kabam likes to screw people over with this question lmao, I’ll just put in my current one and see what happens
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I think it's because some people buy accounts, in which case they would have no way of knowing what the original name was.
  • JaysenJaysen Posts: 1
    I lost my account and know the username for it
    Jaysen said:

I lost my account and know the username for it

Why tf you necroing my post lmao
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★

This requirement is d silliest of all. Everything on the validation can be tracked google play / ios. location would be obvious.
    Username can only be if you took ss / vid a long time ago OR u have signed up for newsletters

Agreed. I spent an entire evening exchanging emails with support guessing questions and trawling through purchases. There really must be a better way.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DarkEternity since we are here... did you ever figure out your original name?

@DarkEternity since we are here... did you ever figure out your original name?

@LeNoirFaineant Nope! But I was able to get the issue resolved by giving them my current username.
  • Glad you could get the help you needed, I'll close the thread now that the matter is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.